Farewell old friend!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As obvious as it was that he wasn't good enough for this season (or last) I'll remember the good moments.

His absolutely headless chicken celebration for his solitary goal for the club at Colchester (which wasn't even his goal).

Hugging the ref then lifting him up after Kusunga's winner against Posh.

Picking up the fan's pie that was dropped on the pitch amidst the celebrations against Fleetwood and passing in back to him.

Hardly a Roger Palmer highlight reel but he gave his all for the club over 4 and a bit years and doesn't get any ill-feeling from me.

Best of luck in the future Connor.

'He put in the effort'

It's the very least he should do! its his job!

Oldham fans seem to love mediocrity as long a it puts in a shift. Me? That's the minimum I expect!

Goodbye Connor your effort has already been replaced and your ability is still M.I.A

'He put in the effort'

Oldham fans seem to love mediocrity as long a it puts in a shift. Me? That's the minimum I expect!

Goodbye Connor your effort has already been replaced and your ability is still M.I.A

And yet for some of our players putting the 'effort in' wouldn't seem to entail part of their job description.

And yet for some of our players putting the 'effort in' wouldn't seem to entail part of their job description.

I'm not sure that's the case this season. First and foremost Robbo wants workers & that's why Winchester has had Saturday's off recently.

'He put in the effort'

What are you talking about?

No-one's saying that think he's good enough because he gave his all, nor are they accepting mediocrity. They're pretty much saying "you ain't good enough, but no hard feelings".

What are you talking about?

No-one's saying that think he's good enough because he gave his all, nor are they accepting mediocrity. They're pretty much saying "you ain't good enough, but no hard feelings".

Will Cassidy get the same platitudes? I doubt it. Despite him working hard and zero coming off for him he's seen as lazy.

Anyway I don't care....he's gone!

'He put in the effort'

Many don't put in the effort as you well know.

I'm not sure that's the case this season. First and foremost Robbo wants workers & that's why Winchester has had Saturday's off recently.

So Winchester doesn't meet your minimul requirements?

Edited by BP1960

The half time team talk v Peterborough.

Kissing the ref.

Thanks mate!

Yep,,,didn't he say at ht, well they've scored three why can't we scored four? Apparently silenced the dressing room as they were at each other and they came out fighting. I like a overlapping back that likes to run down the wings and whip one in, always thought him and crofty would manage a decent link up but it never materlised.

No ill feeling and good luck

Nope! Nor Robbo by the looks of things...

I certainly expect professional footballers be able to complete 90 minutes.

But some can do more damage in half the time, for example supersub David Fairclough.

Edited by BP1960

But some can more damage in half the time, for example supersub David Fairclough.

Your example is a player who was last relevant nearly 30+ years ago?

We don't need examples we need Carl Winchester to get fit and use his obvious talent!

& Fairclough although tagged super sub at Liverpool could play for 90 minutes. I'm sure he did it at Latics...

Your example is a player who was last relevant nearly 30+ years ago?

We don't need examples we need Carl Winchester to get fit and use his obvious talent!

& Fairclough although tagged super sub at Liverpool could play for 90 minutes. I'm sure he did it at Latics...

Fairclough did, but not very well.

Do you think the flit in and out Flynn plays for 90 mins?

Edited by BP1960

Yep,,,didn't he say at ht, well they've scored three why can't we scored four? Apparently silenced the dressing room as they were at each other and they came out fighting. I like a overlapping back that likes to run down the wings and whip one in, always thought him and crofty would manage a decent link up but it never materlised.

No ill feeling and good luck

Same here