Robinson on Radio Manchester Tonight

Even if the club did say something people will just draw their own conclusions.

Perhaps it's just a sign of the times in a world where Donald Trump might become a world leader people like to just make things up to suit their agendas.

Dunno about agendas, just find the obsession that some have with the balance sheet a bit odd.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You occasionally deal in facts.

What's your answer to what you hope to gain from the doom mongering?

I was asked to prove my comments that I fail to see a great (or any) increase in income via the North Stand.

I have listed various points referring to what financial information is available.

Other posters pick up on certain aspects and challenge them.

I explain what I meant in more detail which is dragging on and on. In some cases the other posters have then agreed.

If you think that this is doom mongering I think that it says more about you than it does about me.

Dunno about agendas, just find the obsession that some have with the balance sheet a bit odd.

The balance sheet is the only signed statement that the club releases regarding financial information.

It is usually 9 months out of date, or 12 months this year, but it is all that we really have to go off.

It is better than nothing. Well actually it's not better than nothing since it is always -ve

So what? England playing a game at our ground and the first thought in your mind (and no doubt others as well) is how much money is there to be made from it.

1) No, it wasn't my first thought. My first thought was...wow, BP1960 was talking about this the other day. Spooky.

2) BP1960 question now becomes quite relevant. That was my 2nd thought. As said above, one for the Trust to ask the question hopefully.

I find it odd that the same people who struggle to understand the CONCERN with the balance sheet are most often the ones that trot out the "just be glad we're not Stockport/Chester/Tranmere" I wonder if they had fans saying "just be glad we're not "Darlington/Wimbledon/Scarborough"

You don't be concerned about it if you dont want to be and in the meantime, remove yourself from the debate about it. As it doesn't concern you.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I find it odd that the same people who struggle to understand the CONCERN with the balance sheet are most often the ones that trot out the "just be glad we're not Stockport/Chester/Tranmere" I wonder if they had fans saying "just be glad we're not "Darlington/Wimbledon/Scarborough"

You don't be concerned about it if you dont want to be and in the meantime, remove yourself from the debate about it. As it doesn't concern you.

It's not really a debate. There's those that are convinced Corney's a crook and the club is doomed and those that aren't so sure. The latter are then essentially described by the former as being deluded happy clappers.

There is no debate really, we don't own the club and have no real say in how the various ins and outs are managed.

There is nothing to suggest we are being chronically mismanaged or that millions of pounds are flowing out of the coffers and across the Atlantic.

Say if they said we are getting paid 50/100/500k to host this game what exactly would you do with that information?

It's not really a debate. There's those that are convinced Corney's a crook and the club is doomed and those that aren't so sure. The latter are then essentially described by the former as being deluded happy clappers.

Can I just clarify that I for one have never called Corney a crook. On the other hand I do not ever want to be described as a happy clapper.

What ridiculous terminology to use in an overly simplistic manner of debate, sorry you are not debating are you-you just told us that you werent!

Can I just clarify that I for one have never called Corney a crook. On the other hand I do not ever want to be described as a happy clapper.

What ridiculous terminology to use in an overly simplistic manner of debate, sorry you are not debating are you-you just told us that you werent!

What is a happy clapper just out of interest?

Indeed. It's either black or white in their World. When really it's many shades of murky grey. I suppose they believe that it was pointless that a band of disgruntled Latics fans boarded a minibus to Torex they day they did too. Thank :censored: they did!

It's turnover for the club. Don't get hung up on the 'Latics related' stuff - that's the OEC which is a tenant of the club who also pay rent. A portion of these rents go to the playing budget.

If they pay a set rent it means little other than the sustainability of OEC.

However I would suggest that only a FA member can hold FA events, therefore any income from the event would be club related and should go to OAFC. I'm sure the trust will confirm this via their director who is on the club board.

Some are sure there's no problem, no concern, no issue.

You paint those with concerns in a very extreme way. You don't have to think someone is a crook to not believe that they may be incompetent or even don't share your desire for the club.

Do you believe the new stand wipes it's own feet financially?

£6m of investment to repay? Plus interest? From what additional revenue and against what costs? Without any additional gate money.

Some are sure there's no problem, no concern, no issue.

You paint those with concerns in a very extreme way. You don't have to think someone is a crook to not believe that they may be incompetent or even don't share your desire for the club.

Do you believe the new stand wipes it's own feet financially?

£6m of investment to repay? Plus interest? From what additional revenue and against what costs? Without any additional gate money.

My feeling on the subject is that despite the issues we've had getting to this stage and the ongoing issues with finishing it, that we're better off having the stand than not.

I also feel that despite everything that's happened getting to this point that we're better off playing and management wise than this point last year.

I've never once said there's no problem, no concern, no issue. I don't think anyone has for that matter.

My feeling on the subject is that despite the issues we've had getting to this stage and the ongoing issues with finishing it, that we're better off having the stand than not.

I also feel that despite everything that's happened getting to this point that we're better off playing and management wise than this point last year.

I've never once said there's no problem, no concern, no issue. I don't think anyone has for that matter.

Explain how long it takes to repay £6m from profit.

Or just assume it'll be ok.

Go on, have a go. Do a few calcs. But remember there's no additional gate revenue.

However I would suggest that only a FA member can hold FA events, therefore any income from the event would be club related and should go to OAFC. I'm sure the trust will confirm this via their director who is on the club board.

The club receive a fee for hosting the event. IIRC ticket sales go to the FACT.

Go on, have a go. Do a few calcs. But remember there's no additional gate revenue.

Just tried to do the calcs. But without the exact number of trust members I can't do it. Sorry.

Who's to say they are looking for a full return? We've no idea what their tipping point would be but I can't believe they think anyone will be willing to pay 10 million plus to get the club/ground.

Just tried to do the calcs. But without the exact number of trust members I can't do it. Sorry.

Great work. Hey, why don't you tell me how what you "feel" will make the club a much better, like, sort of, thing. Hey it's all fluffy and nice in pretend world, where money doesn't matter. And like the next guy says, they are queuing up to throw money into the club without any return. Dream on sugar plum.

Or maybe it's £340k a year to repay £6m and takes 25 years.

You'll need £340k of profit btw, not just income.

That's what I'm saying. BB80 was bringing up the 'non Latics' angle - I was just pointing out that it's the OEC that relates to. As LL has said - OAFC get a fee, the FA take the gate receipts. This fee is club turnover and counts towards FFP.