Robinson on Radio Manchester Tonight

Really? He's a young lad with (I imagine) few or no responsibilities.

I don't think I felt any pressure in any way until I was about 30. Despite never having been as good at anything as Osei is at football...

Probably the wrong word. Osei won't be feeling the pressure, but the fact he's the only contracted one will make Robinson quite expectant and, though I wouldn't say desperate, very hopeful he'll do well. Having to find yet another strike force isn't ideal by any means.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its club related events and shindigs......

I believe they are mostly organised by the Trust and the money goes to them. Which may in the end ultimately go back into the club but that isn't what was meant by SC's quote about 25 days open a year. He meant 365 days a year revenue streams where a percentage goes to the club. That hasn't happened. That is failing us. The club could put these matchday events on in the boxes (albeit less pretty surroundings) we had before the stand was built. OAFC is barely receiving anything more by having this stand built without a percent of the 365 day a year revenue stream.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I believe they are mostly organised by the Trust and the money goes to them. Which may in the end ultimately go back into the club but that isn't what was meant by SC's quote about 25 days open a year. He meant 365 days a year revenue streams where a percentage goes to the club. That hasn't happened. That is failing us. The club could put these matchday events on in the boxes (albeit less pretty surroundings) we had before the stand was built. OAFC is barely receiving anything more by having this stand built without a percent of the 365 day a year revenue stream.

*whiteelephant

If say a an England U21 match was to be played at the ground, would the hire fee go to the benefit of the player budget?

Its true that most of the normal events and things that happen during the week (non matchday) will go to the OEC (Gym, corporate meetings, eat with simon wood days etc). Club related events such as that Ritchie night will go to the club (thats whats been said). I presume the OEC pays rent to OAFC, how much of that goes to the playing budget is another question.

If you insist on being pedantic which element of that explanation didnt fit the way in which I use it. It's bloody hard work on here sometimes.

Lets take the first line shall we. "A white elephant is a possession which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness."

Firstly, its owner/ owners can dispose of it, in-fact the last variant was disposed of.

Secondly, the stand is an investment. So if we were to look at the current situation, the stand is probably still in the negative, we're still recouping the cost. However, as the years roll by, the stand will continue to produce a steady income stream which will, in time, see the cost of the stand fully recouped and then its profit all the way. Investment.

Now, as above, there is a maintenance cost, however if you believe that will be more than the income generated, you probably need to have a rethink.

If you insist on being pedantic which element of that explanation didnt fit the way in which I use it. It's bloody hard work on here sometimes.

Your now going to need to revue that replie and point out all the faults. Which is a big job ?

Your now going to need to revue that replie and point out all the faults. Which is a big job

I might do it one at a time.

"A white elephant is a possession which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness."

Firstly, its owner/ owners can dispose of it, in-fact the last variant was disposed of.

Precisely the actual description. btw how was the last variant 'disposed' of and why?

Does that make a difference in the white elephant debate?

Jesus Christ-I give up. It's a good job that I never became a teacher. OK for the last effort;

White elephant 'has running costs too high!'

You say the last one was disposed of so the new 1 cant be called a white elephant.

I ask how it was disposed of and why. You replied that it was demolished and dont seem to want to answer why.

According to SC it was demolished to avoid running costs that were too high....................................................back to beginning

Jesus Christ-I give up. It's a good job that I never became a teacher. OK for the last effort;

White elephant 'has running costs too high!'

You say the last one was disposed of so the new 1 cant be called a white elephant.

I ask how it was disposed of and why. You replied that it was demolished and dont seem to want to answer why.

According to SC it was demolished to avoid running costs that were too high....................................................back to beginning

You got one thing right......