Scunthorpe (h)

Not really relishing my trip to BP for the game tomorrow but I honestly think we need to take a different approach, its not that I want to see us play anymore defensive low risk football but I'm at a stage now where I think playing two or three upfront is pointless, my team for tomorrow would be.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Winchester

Green

Fane

Flynn

Jahraldo-Martin

Ladapo

Wont be popular I know but its time for a different approach and the extra man in midfield might make a difference, its got to be better than the hoof ball up to Erwin I watched on Saturday.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not seen us score a goal in 458 minutes of football I'd probably wee my pants if we manage to score tomorrow. I don't even know what to do if we score its been that long since Erwin's consolation in the 82nd minute against Shrewsbury.

In the eight games since Shrewsbury we've scored in three and its the three I've missed :first:

With hindsight we would have been better playing an extra man in midfield on saturday.

While it might be seen as defensive it would have lead to us getting more of a grip on the game in midfield and would have probably got us further up the pitch.

I would switch Flynn wide and put Winchester in the middle infront of Green and Fane.

I think we've got it wrong with those 2, Fane sits and Green pushes on abit. I think we should ask Green to sit infront of the back 4 use his experience win the ball and pick out passes and tell Fane to play box to box, use those big long legs of his to get up and down the pitch give him abit more encouragment to get forward.

Edited by GlossopLatic

With hindsight we would have been better playing an extra man in midfield on saturday.

While it might be seen as defensive it would have lead to us getting more of a grip on the game in midfield and would have probably got us further up the pitch.

I would switch Flynn wide and put Winchester in the middle infront of Green and Fane.

I think we've got it wrong with those 2 Fane sits abd Green pushes on abit. I think we should ask Green to sit infront of the back 4 use his experience win the ball and pick out passes and tell Fane to play box to box use those big long legs to get up and down the pitch give him abit more encouragment to go forward.

All of this.

If we play four in midfield against Scunthorpe we will get over run, Alexander prefers a 4-5-1 and normally reverts to a 4-4-2 if they need a goal late on, I'd look to match them tonight and I'd bring Dummigan and Dunne back in to combat the pace of the Scunthorpe front men who will look to do us on the break, they must be flying if Madden is struggling to get a start but he was on the score sheet with two on Saturday so the omens are ominous.

If we play four in midfield against Scunthorpe we will get over run, Alexander prefers a 4-5-1 and normally reverts to a 4-4-2 if they need a goal late on, I'd look to match them tonight and I'd bring Dummigan and Dunne back in to combat the pace of the Scunthorpe front men who will look to do us on the break, they must be flying if Madden is struggling to get a start but he was on the score sheet with two on Saturday so the omens are ominous.

Good analysis but I did smile at " do us on the break" .....they will have to be bloody quick to catch us with players in their half

Van Veen and Morris are the bit of quality on the flanks that we've been missing, as well as his goals where he out scores our whole team 2 to 1 Morris has about half a dozen assists. I worry for us tonight if he gets the better of B Wilson early on, who I thought struggled to contain Clough for large parts of Saturdays game.