Scunthorpe (h)

13/8 for us not to score tonight. Considering we've failed to score in 8 of the 13 games this season, I think those are pretty good odds. It also got me thinking...

Lets use 13/8 as the odds for this example - imagine 10 of us stuck a fiver each into a betting account prior to every league game, with one person in charge of placing that £50 on Latics not to score. If we would have done that from the start of this season, on 8 occasions we would have won £131.25, which totals £1050. Of course we would have lost £50 on the 5 occasions we have scored - a loss of £250, however we would still have been up £800 and it's not even November!

Seen as we're sick of the attacking impotence week on week, lets make some money out of the misery! Could even put it to Playershare!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£200 season ticket here too but I just can't put myself though it again after watching us against MK Dons and Swindon....most probably (by some miracle) we'll put in the performance of the season now.

Im turning up and for me its a 50 mile round trip but its getting harder to drag myself out with every game....Even as a season ticket holder..... Comes to something when a night in with the mrs and emmerdale appeals more than watching us.

5 games to hit a 1,000 and I just can't face it tonight. 2 home goals all season and it's been abject. Simply can't face another toothless performance from our Conference standard strike force. Not there Saturday either...

Cheers Simon, mission accomplished....

Edited by oafcprozac

Well that was the best half of football we have played all season. After a slow start we grew into the game and started winning the 5050s and became quicker to the ball.

Carl Winchester is playing like a man with a point to prove and boy is he doing it throwing himself into tackles aswell as good link up play 2 very well taken goals.

Typical Latics eh?