Who do you blame....

Owner - lack of sustained investment and some piss poor short term decisions.

Players - too many are :censored:.

Manager - boring.

Steve Evans - what's he up to? wonder if he's made up his mind about the job

Moore - bastard. we never moved forward after that.

People of Oldham for their long term underwhelming support. Even when we were successful, many gazed down the road

Stott and JW Lees for failing to really take the club forward when we had the opportunity, preferring instead to keep to the old policy of being a selling club.

Point - it all depends on perspectives, short, medium, long, very long.

The club is rotten from top to bottom.

I honestly believe only change at the very top and some real investment in the team can stop that rot and that's basically what I put on the fan survey.

No real investment on the pitch, a manager serving up the worst football I've ever seen in my lifetime supporting Latics (including Penney), constant conveyor belt of bang average players who have zero loyalty or affection to our club, local rivals doing better than us on the pitch and Rochdale doing much better off it, horribly :censored: quality kits year after year, no real effort to make the games an experience for the fans and most importantly we are losing game after game whilst not scoring goals which is hardly going to get the atmosphere going.

Just :censored: off Corney. You've done a solid job of halving our crowds and ripping every last asset the club had from us for your own financial gain no doubt. The fans and the town deserve much better than this.

I am sure he wants the best for the club but decision after decision the last 2 years shows he is completely inept. Add to that he financial cannot give us what we want and it cements in my mind the fact we desperately need him to lower the asking price to encourage new ownership sooner rather than later.

Couldn't agree more oafc_lover to be honest. It's toxic. Has been for years now and there's only one man to blame. Wants far too much money off somebody which is why we can't attract any real interest. The guy just doesn't care anymore and until we get someone in with a fresh plan and new ideas to take us forward we're just going to end up in the same way as Tranmere and County.

Who was the manager who made us a lost cause?

Sharp

There is something about the lack of proper support from the council too (as someone who has never voted in Oldham, it feels a bit harsh to say that).

Furthermore, the decision by Super League to promote Huddersfield, who finished 5th in the division below, as opposed to reinstate Oldham who had been relegated for finishing bottom when Paris, who finished second bottom but didn't start the next season, due to going bust is one that had its effect on the football clubs of both Huddersfield and Oldham.

If the council had properly backed one of the many ground ideas before the decision to build the new North Stand was made, and I include selling us land that wasn't theirs to sell in that, then it's quite possible we could be where Huddersfield are now.

Corney and his mates would have still :censored: it up though.

The club is rotten from top to bottom.

I honestly believe only change at the very top and some real investment in the team can stop that rot and that's basically what I put on the fan survey.

No real investment on the pitch, a manager serving up the worst football I've ever seen in my lifetime supporting Latics (including Penney), constant conveyor belt of bang average players who have zero loyalty or affection to our club, local rivals doing better than us on the pitch and Rochdale doing much better off it, horribly :censored: quality kits year after year, no real effort to make the games an experience for the fans and most importantly we are losing game after game whilst not scoring goals which is hardly going to get the atmosphere going.

Just :censored: off Corney. You've done a solid job of halving our crowds and ripping every last asset the club had from us for your own financial gain no doubt. The fans and the town deserve much better than this.

I am sure he wants the best for the club but decision after decision the last 2 years shows he is completely inept. Add to that he financial cannot give us what we want and it cements in my mind the fact we desperately need him to lower the asking price to encourage new ownership sooner rather than later.

No one will buy us without the land etc attached aswell. The main two who control the land etc is Blitz and Gazal. Corney has made plenty of :censored: decisions but for the club to move forward with a new owner then it's all very reliant on what Blitz and Gazal want to do.

No one will buy us without the land etc attached aswell. The main two who control the land etc is Blitz and Gazal. Corney has made plenty of :censored: decisions but for the club to move forward with a new owner then it's all very reliant on what Blitz and Gazal want to do.

Then let's call those two ship jumpers out too then. The trust should be doing this.

As if the Trust has a say!!

They need to ask questions on what their stance is regarding the sale of our club. Get them over here and organise some form of meeting with the fans. If they do actually want to sell the club like they tell us, then let's make it happen and cut out the bull:censored: excuses of "he wasn't a good fit for the club".

:censored:ing sell us!!!!

I blame Kaiser Wilhelm.

Yes. that bastard really :censored:ed up the best team (i.e. came closest to winning the league) we've ever had. We'd have won the league and gone to dominate football and the entire area. the whole of east greater Manchester would've been ours but for that bastard with his expansionist intentions.

Can't blame Warnock. We were on the way out. Once we were relegated we were screwed. Nothing to fund a return or stop the rot. I blame the failure to invest in the club's infrastructure, generating income streams, when we had the chance, and the failure to sell the club when we were actually sell-able (to then attract the investment without having to sell players all the time). So, back to John Willie and his piss poor beer. Then Moore....and then we had the promise of being saved, but without the investment needed to really move forward.

Our fan on the board had no time for the protest group and although a lot of what they did was ill advised he wouldn't even acknowledge them, even if their protest didnt amount to much at least they did it with good intentions and showed that they care about the club and not where their next free dinners coming from, going down that route is a waste of time but I suspect the silent protest will chug on at a steady rate of knots without our representative giving a hoot.

I blame Corney for running the club badly & for surrounding himself useless inexperience yes men who know :censored: all about running a football club.

I blame Robinson because despite the short pre season he has now had months to put together side that can entertain and score goals. I don't mean be the best or win every game but they should be half decent to watch.

I blame the players because despite a managers tactics they have all played the game before. They cant pass, tackle or put the ball in the net on semi regular basis.

All them put together are a fkn shower of :censored:!

Edited by palmer1