£24 million

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bury have a permanent sign I presume they own on Manchester Road at the bottom of gigg lane advertising who their next fixture is.

Surely latics could get something similar agrees with the council to get round advertising costs? Would just be the initial layout

I like this, isn't there one attached to the newsagents at the top of Sheepfoot lane Or if we could get one on/near the roundabout at Elk mill/clayton fields. If not a billboard, you can get those strong printed material signs I'm sure, you don't have to print a date on it or even who we play, but be able to put a sticker over those important bits weekly maybe.

We could always start a cricket team, the ethnic % would pay to watch that.

My colleague at work from an ethnic background is a massive Liverpoosl fan, in fact spent most of the day the other day via his mobile trying to login to get tickets, however, he said he would like to attend BP to watch latics if we started to win.

It comes down to what's on the pitch, we are a multi ethnic town yet we can't tap into that because the entertainment/winning streak isn't happening.

Don't Watford have a big ethnic following, I remember a tv programme showing them with drums in the ground generating an atmosphere. Not disrespecting our own athleticos by the way

Guest Stanley30

It would take a big effort to get the Asian lads to watch Latins as the majority of Asians and Irish usually follow united or liverpool. Most Black people i know follow Chelsea or Arsenal.

I don't mean this to sound offensive in anyway but I don't usually meet and black or Asian lads who follow other teams.

Our problem is simple - the owners don't need to sell so they can wait.

I suspect they want to sell but the White Elephant is another mistake which will make it harder not easier.

We are stuck with them. Two relegations might make a difference but who wants that?

Can't see us going down this year as despite all the knocking we are slowly getting better and could even do the double over Scunthorpe!

Our problem is simple - the owners don't need to sell so they can wait.

I suspect they want to sell but the White Elephant is another mistake which will make it harder not easier.

We are stuck with them. Two relegations might make a difference but who wants that?

Can't see us going down this year as despite all the knocking we are slowly getting better and could even do the double over Scunthorpe!

How so?

My colleague at work from an ethnic background is a massive Liverpoosl fan, in fact spent most of the day the other day via his mobile trying to login to get tickets, however, he said he would like to attend BP to watch latics if we started to win.

It comes down to what's on the pitch, we are a multi ethnic town yet we can't tap into that because the entertainment/winning streak isn't happening.

Don't Watford have a big ethnic following, I remember a tv programme showing them with drums in the ground generating an atmosphere. Not disrespecting our own athleticos by the way

Think you're thinking of Wolves. I just think it's going to be virtually impossible to get ethnic Oldhamers into Latics. I can admire the club for trying but it'll not happen.

It would take a big effort to get the Asian lads to watch Latins as the majority of Asians and Irish usually follow united or liverpool. Most Black people i know follow Chelsea or Arsenal.

I don't mean this to sound offensive in anyway but I don't usually meet and black or Asian lads who follow other teams.

Barcelona and Real Madrid a lot of Asian lads are into. Never get that, me - supporting a team in a country which you can't even speak the language

Our problem is simple - the owners don't need to sell so they can wait. ??????????????

I honestly think that cash flow might take this decision away from them. That Lincoln game is looking massive.

Anyway 3 points after an own goal from a corner will cheer everybody up today!

How so?

I assume the stand is the white elephant he refers to.

With the stand came oec. Oec depends on the stand but oec wouldn't automatically come in a sale of the club. Any potential investors would quite rightly be put off if oec didn't come with the sale. It would be like getting with a new missus and her ex always being on the scene.

In any case the stand is far from finished so isn't a ready made money spinner.

If we were sold with the lookers stand still there, or even demolished, it's a blank canvas and the asking price would be much cheaper