£24 million

I sense the mood amongst the fanbase is definitely changing. I've always backed Corney from day one but the total disregard shown to the fans and what happened during the close season without so much as an explanation was unforgivable.

Without change at the top relegation is nailed on, why Robbo even contemplated taking on this job in the first place is totally baffling and I think we could be very close to a major protest from fans.

I've experienced some pretty lean times at this club over the years but never anything as soul destroying as we have endured during the last couple of seasons.

Fans have abandoned the club in droves and very soon, despite panic measures and reduced ticket offers we will shortly be experiencing sub 3k crowds on a regular basis.

This football club cannot possibly survive a never ending decline that seems to get worse and worse with each passing week.

The broken promises of investment from the Sports direct sponsorship and the disaster of the unfinished stand is probably the final straw. We have to force this clown out and try and attract new owners because the direction in which the club is heading is leading to oblivion anyway.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I had enjoyed liquid refreshment last night. I stand by my post he's killed the club for me. But he saved us!? Well the Wimbledon went their own way around the time we hit admin in 2003 if we'd gone bump that year and reformed we could have conceivably been back in the league by now and I bet one or two cup games apart it would have been a damn sight more enjoyable than the turgid nonsense we've seen since our last failed play off campaign

No matter what ST promotion he rolls out this year we need to stand firm we took up his crazy offer last year and helped create the mess we saw over the summer. My money's staying in my pocket and I'll wager up to 50% of fellow ST holders will do the same.

No matter what ST promotion he rolls out this year we need to stand firm we took up his crazy offer last year and helped create the mess we saw over the summer. My money's staying in my pocket and I'll wager up to 50% of fellow ST holders will do the same.

Don't you say that every year? You'll be there in August, season card in hand...

Don't you say that every year? You'll be there in August, season card in hand...

Missed 3 home games already miss st least another 4 this season no inclination to go the next two Robbozzzzzz tactics have ensured that.

Scary thing is I've really not missed it when I've not been there I've no affinity to the current team of Johnny Journeymen limp loanees and steves stop gaps

Why? The fan base where as one in 2003 we were averaging 5000+ Now we'd limo into oblivion - which is happening anyway

Because the apathy had already set in; not to today's levels, obviously, but trying to find anyone to get involved was a thankless task.

Guest nonaenever

The 'potential' fan base is the same as in the Premiership days.

I don't think that's the case anymore BP. The population dynamics of Oldham Metropolitan Borough has changed significantly since the premiership days. The ethnic % has increased considerably since then and, for whatever reason, the vast majority of that sector of our population simply do not, and probably never will, follow football/Latics. Therefore, the remaining available "population pool" to draw support from is in itself diminished (and looking at future population predictions will continue to diminish quite rapidly). Unless we suddenly find a way to attract the Asian support, we will never regularly attract the attendances we saw back in the good old days.

Guest nonaenever

£24m :censored: off corney! You're having a laugh give it five years your stand will be worth :censored: all in the conference north.

3,300 and only £15 a ticket no one wants to watch a club under stewardship you've killed a fan base you've killed the passion your ineptness has killed the club. No one wants to watch your :censored: freebie loanees and your no hopers and short term deals....your revolving door of cheap :censored: players can go spit...

Very matter of fact (!) but absolutely the way a lot of people feel unfortunately. For the first hour yesterday most people would not sit there and watch that crap if they were paid to attend. The last half hour or so, we had a bit of a go - nothing incredible mind but we actually had a few shots - nowadays we are grateful for just seeing a shot - that's how bad it is!

29 goals in our last 32 home games over the previous season and a bit. Scunthorpe are up to 21 this year alone... No wonder people have given up. It cant be the fault of multiple managers...

We can't compete despite numerous promises and that lies firmly at the feet of corney

Sponsorship to be allowed on Premiership players shirts sleeves, could rake in £10 million for Man United.

I guess it won't be long before they ban heading the ball so players can wear sponsored baseball caps.

Edited by BP1960

Sorry I think that is nonsense. All the Asian lads I either know through work or playing cricket have all been football fans. Yes it's true they don't support small teams like Oldham and only support big teams like Utd, City and Liverpool but that's not exactly unusual amongst the rest of the population is it?

You're right that a lot of Asian lads are into football, be it playing or watching, but even stacked against the white population's dismal support of its hometown club, the number of Asian lads supporting Oldham is disproportionately low.

The reasons why are talked about to death.

Guest nonaenever

Sorry I think that is nonsense. All the Asian lads I either know through work or playing cricket have all been football fans. Yes it's true they don't support small teams like Oldham and only support big teams like Utd, City and Liverpool but that's not exactly unusual amongst the rest of the population is it?

You can "think" all you want. However, the facts are clear. In the 2011 census Oldham's ethnic minority population had grown to 22.5 % (equating to 50,625 people). The vast majority being made up of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis (with a decrease in people identifying with India). Now, the maths is quite simple - even on our humble crowds of 3,500 home fans, all things being equal, there should be in excess of 700 Asian fans at Latics.

This isn't a race thing by the way - simply a statement of fact - Oldham's Asian population do not watch Latics - and never will - which is the point I was making originally - we have a smaller and smaller pool from which to draw our fanbase in view of our burgeoning ethnic minority population. Any business man wishing to express any interest in buying our club would look at such demographics - and see that income via the turnstiles is just going to get more difficult over the next 10/20 years.

If I was involved at Latics I would be investigating every avenue possible to attract Asian fans - it's actually where part of our future success lies! Some proper detailed research needs doing by the club (with the Asian population) to ascertain what the problems really are and how to resolve them.

Unfortunately, because everyone's bloody paranoid about race, this won't get done. We are looking at ways to promote and improve things here - not divide - I`d be quite happy to conduct the research properly if anyone al the club is interested?

You can "think" all you want. However, the facts are clear. In the 2011 census Oldham's ethnic minority population had grown to 22.5 % (equating to 50,625 people). The vast majority being made up of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis (with a decrease in people identifying with India). Now, the maths is quite simple - even on our humble crowds of 3,500 home fans, all things being equal, there should be in excess of 700 Asian fans at Latics.

This isn't a race thing by the way - simply a statement of fact - Oldham's Asian population do not watch Latics - and never will - which is the point I was making originally - we have a smaller and smaller pool from which to draw our fanbase in view of our burgeoning ethnic minority population. Any business man wishing to express any interest in buying our club would look at such demographics - and see that income via the turnstiles is just going to get more difficult over the next 10/20 years.

If I was involved at Latics I would be investigating every avenue possible to attract Asian fans - it's actually where part of our future success lies! Some proper detailed research needs doing by the club (with the Asian population) to ascertain what the problems really are and how to resolve them.

Unfortunately, because everyone's bloody paranoid about race, this won't get done. We are looking at ways to promote and improve things here - not divide - I`d be quite happy to conduct the research properly if anyone al the club is interested?

The truth is, we're not going to attract anybody playing the way we have done for the best part of 5 years, no matter the race, religion, gender etc.

Although if we do begin to get good, we could do worse than to find out how Wolves have managed to get their ethnic minority population to get behind their hometown team...