The solution

Simple really. Dunno what all the fuss is about.

1. Belated, half-hearted mea culpa statement. Promise to pay delayed funds immediately.

2. Appoint new director for their business expertise (hi, Richard Taylor, Mike Newton). The name doesn't matter, they'll be fed into the BP Sarlacc Pit a week later.

3. Sell a player or two in January, but only because it would be wrong to stand in the way of their ambition.

4. Launch revolutionary ST scheme enabling fans to buy a ticket for the next five years at a discount.

5. Go into hibernation like Ash in Army of Darkness and hope we're still in the FL come May.

6. If all else fails, take the 1914 solution and pray that war stops play.

I know it's not really a laughing matter. But it just seems so familiar and predictable that I'm not sure how much I can care any more.

Edited by Crusoe

Guest nonaenever

On a serious note, I would make Keith Hill a financial offer he couldn't refuse. Forget the fact he's Dale and we had a rumble with him a couple of seasons back - he's excellent at getting the best out of players, his teams play good football and he'd attract some of Dale's best talent across to follow him. They won 4-0 again tonight (in front of less than 2,000 fans).

Hill knows the potential of Latics to get double/triple Dale's support with just a modicum of success - honestly think he'd be the man to solve things (relatively quickly) on the playing side - and get us heading towards the Championship within a few seasons.

On a serious note, I would make Keith Hill a financial offer he couldn't refuse. Forget the fact he's Dale and we had a rumble with him a couple of seasons back - he's excellent at getting the best out of players, his teams play good football and he'd attract some of Dale's best talent across to follow him. They won 4-0 again tonight (in front of less than 2,000 fans).

Hill knows the potential of Latics to get double/triple Dale's support with just a modicum of success - honestly think he'd be the man to solve things (relatively quickly) on the playing side - and get us heading towards the Championship within a few seasons.

you were sounding quite credible until them

Rochdale's crowd and the bare 3,000 home fans scraped into Vale Park tonight suggest that 'League 1 blues' isn't unique to us.

That'd be 5th placed Rochdale and 12th placed Vale (3pts off the playoffs) would it?

The only unique thing is how plenty of our lot happily eat up the video-nasties and accept it is impossible to be anything other than League 2 punching above our weight in League 1.

Edited by boundaryblue80

The omens are good, I bought a book for 50p today 'How to run a football club'.

I also purchased a couple of Euromillions tickets.

Tonight I could be £51 million richer and the prospective new owner of the club.

One team One dream is still alive.

The omens are good, I bought a book for 50p today 'How to run a football club'.

I also purchased a couple of Euromillions tickets.

Tonight I could be £51 million richer and the prospective new owner of the club.

One team One dream is still alive.

I prefer Corney.

As does <insert right back here> for the next ten years.

Didn't work out for him at Barnsley though. There's no guarantee with anyone, no matter how much we pay them.