Who's renewing for 2017/18?

Are you going to renew your ST?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to renew?

• Yes
    • No

It rather looks like maddog might have a different division next year.

I go with my son and have for 26 years since my work moved me to Oldham. I qualify for the concession next year and I was planning to go to every home and away match. My resolve is weakening but I'm sure we will both renew if only for the drinks before and after.

On the question of supporting the team at every home and away game; the prospect of league 2 and all those southern clubs when linked with the dire performances makes this unlikely. January will be an 'interesting' test for me given that we have four home games.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as my lad wants to go, I go.

But I've also got my bucket list to pursue until the big C gets me. That's more important than watching 0-2 home defeats week in week out.

What is on your bucket list O4U? The way you are fronting up to this makes me feel like you could give this thing a hell of a fight. Enjoy xmas and new year and heres hoping for a miracle cure.

What is on your bucket list O4U? The way you are fronting up to this makes me feel like you could give this thing a hell of a fight. Enjoy xmas and new year and heres hoping for a miracle cure.

It's not coherently produced yet, but I've loved North American driving holidays more than anything else. So new experiences there if the health holds - got enough air miles to fly first class once. Ashes series down under - get to at least one match. I was thinking Melbourne but that would mean not being around family at Christmas, I think we start in Brisbane so that's possible. Iceland. Cruise to Alesund Island. I'd love to visit the Galapagos and Antarctica too.

A few simple things like getting to the top of Snowden - the plan was to walk up it in the summer but the illness struck so I might have to cheat and take the train. Travelling in balloon. Helicopter flight. London zoo. See more European football grounds.

More to think about though.

I haven’t even considered not renewing even though home performances are unbelievably dire.

I also don’t see 53% of this seasons diehards not renewing even if we were relegated. Even relegation wouldn’t bring it down by that large a percentage based on the seven ST holders around me swearing allegiance next term where ever we end up.

I also can’t escape feeling some pangs of guilt for the quality of the manager and squad that was chucked together in hardly a month. I honestly feel the majority of ST sales bought on the ‘home win deal’ were by fans already prepared to watch the team in L1 or L2. We were well adrift of safety with Sheridan signing 3 players, most of us had never heard of, turning out to be jewels and many of us suspecting Sheridan had been brought in to do well in L2.

The rest is history.

Most of the diehards (me included) were on our toes with a substantial Brucie Bonus and a large chunk, if not all, of Sheridan’s 2016-17 playing budget.

Corney certainly won’t be repeating that little stunt again.

Guest nonaenever

As long as my lad wants to go, I go.

But I've also got my bucket list to pursue until the big C gets me. That's more important than watching 0-2 home defeats week in week out.

opinions - had no idea you had that awful bloody disease. Doesn't half put a lot of things into absolute perspective - I have no idea who you are but, genuinely, the very, very best of luck in your fight. :OASISscarf:

Right - one of my New Year's resolutions - I`m not going to get involved in petty arguments over football.

opinions - had no idea you had that awful bloody disease. Doesn't half put a lot of things into absolute perspective - I have no idea who you are but, genuinely, the very, very best of luck in your fight. :OASISscarf:

Right - one of my New Year's resolutions - I`m not going to get involved in petty arguments over football.

Same here. Best wishes

If there was a vision and a plan to move forward yes. If they continued with the 'you've never had it so good and be grateful you've got a club rhetoric, no.

As I've said all along give me hope and I'll put up with most things...

Its why I stopped going... Once you lose hope its the end of the road....

It's not coherently produced yet, but I've loved North American driving holidays more than anything else. So new experiences there if the health holds - got enough air miles to fly first class once. Ashes series down under - get to at least one match. I was thinking Melbourne but that would mean not being around family at Christmas, I think we start in Brisbane so that's possible. Iceland. Cruise to Alesund Island. I'd love to visit the Galapagos and Antarctica too.

A few simple things like getting to the top of Snowden - the plan was to walk up it in the summer but the illness struck so I might have to cheat and take the train. Travelling in balloon. Helicopter flight. London zoo. See more European football grounds.

More to think about though.

Sorry O4U, I've not seen anything about your illness. I do apologise.

Just spent Xmas with in laws, and sister in laws father has been ill for 5 years.

We weren't told till after he only has a couple of weeks.

2 socks in two days.

So I hope your a bucket list goes well, is the a definite dignosis?

With you on THAT NNN. I should add politics to it.

a definite dignosis?

Yup. Lung cancer that's spread - L4, L5, T7 verterbrae have crumbled. It's also in the pelvis, sternum and somewhere else I forget. Never smoked. Had spent the previous two years getting fit and had never been healthier as an adult. Manifested itself as back pain so spent three months treating it with physio and paracetamol before the nasty scans came along.

Tablet therapy buys me an average of two years or so and I assume a chunk of that time won't be enjoyable. Three weeks in. Covered in acne. Five year survival rate called at between 4% and 6% depending on which web site you read.

Basically I've made a will. I'm seeing an IFA to make sure the kids can access my pension which they can't if it remains in current form. Then I'll spend as much time as I can with my youngest (who's at uni) and get out to see a few more places. Stonehenge now combined with Swindon away.

It's a pity. I've only just mastered online dating.

Yup. Lung cancer that's spread - L4, L5, T7 verterbrae have crumbled. It's also in the pelvis, sternum and somewhere else I forget. Never smoked. Had spent the previous two years getting fit and had never been healthier as an adult. Manifested itself as back pain so spent three months treating it with physio and paracetamol before the nasty scans came along.

Tablet therapy buys me an average of two years or so and I assume a chunk of that time won't be enjoyable. Three weeks in. Covered in acne. Five year survival rate called at between 4% and 6% depending on which web site you read.

Basically I've made a will. I'm seeing an IFA to make sure the kids can access my pension which they can't if it remains in current form. Then I'll spend as much time as I can with my youngest (who's at uni) and get out to see a few more places. Stonehenge now combined with Swindon away.

So sorry to here that mate, it's a :censored:ing horrible disease that knows no boundaries. Puts it all into perspective 22 men running round a field as it's very close to home at the moment.

Football, emotive but It simply doesn't matter in the long run.

Keep fighting, we're all rooting for you.

One of my best mates died of it last year. Became unwell just before his 30th died on the week he should of been going to Australia. A holiday he had put back for a year and been saving up for.

All the best in your battle.

Guest nonaenever

Yup. Lung cancer that's spread - L4, L5, T7 verterbrae have crumbled. It's also in the pelvis, sternum and somewhere else I forget. Never smoked. Then I'll spend as much time as I can with my youngest (who's at uni) and get out to see a few more places. Stonehenge now combined with Swindon away.

opinions - your attitude sounds spot on and very, very admirable in what are horrendous circumstances.

I`m a considerable "history buff" myself - when you are down Stonehenge, and if you can fit it in, Old Sarum nearby is absolutely beautiful. I sat in a quiet little section of it for an hour one summer just contemplating the meaning of life - a very spiritual place if you get it on a quiet day.

Online dating - lol - could tell you some hilarious tales around that!

Best of luck, mate.

:censored: man... My best wishes to you and your family :(

Get blitzing that bucket list!