118 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to renew?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latics isn't corneys club it's mine. I go to latics every week cos it's what I do. It's what I've always done and it's what I always will do. My dad took me from being 6 years old and I hope to take my children one day.

I don't enjoy it at the moment but I live by the hope we will once again see success one day.

The day I decide not to renew is the day this club dies. The powers that be will never get between me and my club

Could not agree more. The club is my church, my religion. Its tough at the moment and my 200 mile round trip from Grimsby is not an easy one. However, i will still be getting 3 season tickets as my contribution to keep this club solvent. Anyway, its a good reason to get over and see the family and friends back "home". If we give up now, we have no club to support and then i would be even more miserable. The club needs us all more than ever.

Yes, As mentioned before I watched us in the old 4th division so it will be like future to the back for me.

I started watching Latics in Division 4 in 1970. Now that was a good season to watch Latics as they were promoted, and had a pair of strikers - Jim Fryatt and David Shaw - who scored 50 goals between them.

I'll probably renew.

I'll be renewing out of blind faith.

This team is as bad as if not worse than the team Ritchie had in 99, but at least I enjoyed going to games back then. There was a togetherness with the fans at the time that doesn't exist anymore (I was only 15 at the time, so maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses).

Take away what you think of the club for a moment though and think about yourself.

Football is about so much more than actual football. It's the pre match pint with ya mates and the banter that goes with it. It's about feeling part of a wider family through thick and thin. None of which has anything to do with the tits at the top.

It's about you.

Could not agree more. The club is my church, my religion. Its tough at the moment and my 200 mile round trip from Grimsby is not an easy one. However, i will still be getting 3 season tickets as my contribution to keep this club solvent. Anyway, its a good reason to get over and see the family and friends back "home". If we give up now, we have no club to support and then i would be even more miserable. The club needs us all more than ever.

Am with you.

Supporter since early 70s, season ticket holder nearly 30 years.

For some its a day out with mates and a few beers etc, for me it's a drive over from Bury and straight back on my tod so it's about the 90+ min of football for me.

Absolutely no chance for me unless there is big change as to what is offered up on the pitch. I'll still go next season to most home games no matter what and one or two away but it'll be pay on the day.

Bobby Robson said:

"What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

I agree with him, so I'll be renewing.

I'll be renewing out of blind faith.

This team is as bad as if not worse than the team Ritchie had in 99, but at least I enjoyed going to games back then. There was a togetherness with the fans at the time that doesn't exist anymore (I was only 15 at the time, so maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses).

I think we are all fairly united we all think the club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Like you though am sticking this out through blind loyalty I think many of those who have voted no will probably renew regardless of the division we will have atleast changed manager and players by next August which should see some small shoots of optimism return.

Bobby Robson said:

Its not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

Its the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Its a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his fathers hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

I've never felt that more than Crewe away last season.

Even in the bad times there's something which will always keep me attached.

Been going for 48 years now.

This season is amongst the worst I've seen , Penney being much worse and the season when South Shields beat us at home in the FA Cup in the late sixties

I am now going out of loyalty and like to think I will always go

The club needs as many of us to stick together and keep going as possible

I know it's not pretty , but we are Latics and proud of our name

I nearly stopped going in around 86, so glad I didn't

Now I'm going out of hope and despair, longing to see us score at home and entertain

At the moment I'd take some scrappy 1-0's and would take Shez back in a heartbeat

Keep the faith, going down to league 2 and non league is not to be contemplated

Meat pie , sausage roll

Edited by stevesidg

Bobby Robson said:

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Bit of a St Francis of Assisi prayer for football fans along the lines of :

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is error, the truth;

Where there is doubt, the faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

And where there is sadness, joy.

It is all very challenging at the moment, but somehow as fans we need to work towards a better relationship with the club for the long

term future of OAFC, despite the negative circumstances. We all need a bit more of the above so that we don't destroy the soul of the club.

Remember when everyone used to comment "what a lovely family club Oldham are". Now we are just the "whipping boys" with a transer embargo for not paying the bills.

I don't think I will.

Not much to be proud of or attached to for the last 3 years. I spend a lot of time at work and travelling there and back, so my time is precious, and I'm starting to resent Latics for taking it up.

I had a revival when Shez came back, but it was just another thing I should've known wouldn't last. I wouldn't have renewed this year if Shez hadn't been back giving us some semblance of a clue.

Sick of the conveyor belt of managers and players, and a disinterested owner.

Edit: I always like a new ground to tick off and those away games (and all that goes with them) have kept my interest enough. But the last couple of years I've had 2 new grounds per season because we've been in this god awful division for :censored:ing ever. It's not enough any more.

Edited by maddog

Those who won't renew are either single or have a partner that let's them do what the hell they want on a Saturday. I'm like that, trailing round shops, or renew, I'm going for renew.

If I didn't have my season ticket that'd be an extra day every week stuck with her listening to :censored:e from Ikea she wants to fill the new house with

Those who won't renew are either single or have a partner that let's them do what the hell they want on a Saturday. I'm like that, trailing round shops, or renew, I'm going for renew.

If I didn't have my season ticket that'd be an extra day every week stuck with her listening to :censored:e from Ikea she wants to fill the new house with

I'm like that either trailing round shopping or renewing, no contest renewing.