Two new forwards or a new manager?

Two new forwards or a new manager?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather we sacked (& paid off) Robbo or signed him 2 players with that money who might make or score goals?

• New manager
    • New forwards
    • Robbo out AND new players in

The forwards we have are pants, More likely to score in Vanarama than Lg1

Midfielders/ wingers should be chipping in with 4-6 goals a season, but apart from Flynn (paint pot cup) haven't scored. Croft is on a 2 year hiatus from scoring. So we need some threat from midfield as well.

Defenders should chip in with the odd goal, thank you Peter Clarke as the only one doing his bit.

The keeper is too busy keeping us in games to take on scoring duties as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had to bring players in within a couple of weeks. Few excellent, some decent for this level, some a waste of space.

If the embargo is lifted he can change a few.

In the summer he can have his pick within budget constraints of who to bring in and without rushing they'll hopefully be better.

At some point a manager needs time. Give him the summer and let's see what he can actually do.

I dont see how anyone can really judge Robinson given what he has to deal with.

New players for me. Give Robinson a chance.

Shez mk1 - Pld 151 Won 61 Drew 47 and Lost 43. Win % 40.39

Shez mk2 - Pld 22 Won 9 Drew 6 Lost 7. Win % 40.91

Robinson - Pld 24 Won 3 Drew 10 Lost 11. Win % 12.50

Selected Others:

Dowie - Pld 82 Won 31 Drew 28 Lost 23. Win % 37.80

Moore - Pld 65 Won 23 Drew 18 Lost 24. Win % 35.38

Dickov - Pld 141 Won 43 Drew 37 Lost 61. Win % 30.50

Johnson - Pld 103 Won 36 Drew 32 Lost 35. Win % 34.95

Holden - Pld 15 Won 3 Drew 5 Lost 7. Win % 20.00

Kelly - Pld 9 Won 1 Drew 4 Lost 4. Win % 11.11

Dunn - Pld 20 Won 3 Drew 9 Lost 8. Win % 15.00

Robinson has had half a season to prove he is worse than Dunn and almost as bad as kelly

I understand you may not want Shez (or LJ) but to argue a case to keep Robinson? Really? :omg:

Selected Others:

Robinson has had half a season to prove he is worse than Dunn and almost as bad as kelly

I understand you may not want Shez (or LJ) but to argue a case to keep Robinson? Really? :omg:

That's good but all completely different circumstances to what Robbo has had.

Dunn and Kelly had opportunitys to bring new faces in, even Robbo's biggest critic can't deny the hand he's been dealt is a :censored:ter especially with the changes made to the loan market, whether he's up to putting it right is another matter and we'll worth discussing but in my opinion he has to be given an opportunity to change things, going back to our defunct midfield I suspect he placed a lot of faith in the Banks/Green partnership working and providing a solid foundation but those two senior pros in my opinion have let him down badly, along with Clarke I thought Greens signing was a real coup but other than a tremendous 90 minutes at Bury he's been more of a hinderence than a help you can't legislate for that and with the back up being Klok and Fane he's had to play players despite their shocking form, let's see if he can rectify these problems before giving up on the guy.

Selected Others:

Not comparable. Totally different scenarios.

Robinson was probably dealt the worst hand in the history of management. He had no players and no time.

Not comparable. Totally different scenarios.

Robinson was probably dealt the worst hand in the history of management. He had no players and no time.

Totally agree only caveat knowing he had been dealt a shirty hand could he have not gone for it more in games knowing he had a so called "get out of jail card" or has he had to be so defensive because he knew the players we had were not good enough?

I suppose much depends on this group of players motivating themselves to win next week at Mansfield. Not much but SC probably wants that £40k and if they play well and win the argument to keep Robinson is stronger - not that I think there is an argument as Robinson seems able to fight his own case.

If next week is a quiet as this then the inevitable 2 0 loss against Gillingham is on the cards and we are doomed. Count down to 23.00 on 31st.

Don't think the above are the only options. The link between the forwards and midfield is clearly a problem. Mackay is a half decent player when provided with service and can create space for others, he is more than capable of delivering at this level, and replacing him would simply end the same if other things didn't change.

SR has a system he wants the players to play but the majority are incapable both technically and from a fitness point of view. Changing forwards will not help, I would consider changing coaching staff and methods before I brought in new forwards.

Thought we played no more than OK on Monday because Port Vale were dreadful and the fact we were not able to beat them is my biggest worry. Strikers miss and keepers make good saves in every game, you have to find ways to beat teams having a bad day. The squad do not look fit and are gonna get even more tired and injury prone in second half of season.

I'm sure even those who want to keep Robbo will admit that something has to change, however If there is no money for players or paying off a manager out of his depth, the only thing I can think of to avoid certain relegation is to consider bringing in someone on an advisory role a couple of days a week to bring some freshness to the set-up

Don't think the above are the only options. The link between the forwards and midfield is clearly a problem. Mackay is a half decent player when provided with service and can create space for others, he is more than capable of delivering at this level, and replacing him would simply end the same if other things didn't change.

SR has a system he wants the players to play but the majority are incapable both technically and from a fitness point of view. Changing forwards will not help, I would consider changing coaching staff and methods before I brought in new forwards.

Thought we played no more than OK on Monday because Port Vale were dreadful and the fact we were not able to beat them is my biggest worry. Strikers miss and keepers make good saves in every game, you have to find ways to beat teams having a bad day. The squad do not look fit and are gonna get even more tired and injury prone in second half of season.

I'm sure even those who want to keep Robbo will admit that something has to change, however If there is no money for players or paying off a manager out of his depth, the only thing I can think of to avoid certain relegation is to consider bringing in someone on an advisory role a couple of days a week to bring some freshness to the set-up

I think a fair analysis, but Sean O Driscoll is the person in the advisory role surely?

Say Ladapo had scored one of two the great chances in the first half, Winchester had scored the header and McKay had put the chance away last minute, or any of the decent half chances had gone in and we'd won 4 or 5-0, would you be saying we'd played 'no more than OK'?

Osei's energy was very influential on Saturday, but Fane playing further forwards and having more adventure helped us. He's probably not the solution on a permanent basis but somebody who can play a more advanced centre mid role would be as useful as a forward. That's who I'd be spending my money on.

Holloway will be a good addition alongside a striker - it looks like that man will be McKay or Osei. Given the price of a goalscoring striker is going to be beyond our range, unless we get some loan sensation, it looks like we're just going to have to work with what we've got.

Haven't we got O'Driscoll in a consultant role? I wonder if he's suggested 3-5-2.

Edited by NewBlue

Based on Saturday's performance I would vote for new forwards and to keep Robbo but we only see that type of performance rarely and never consistently deliver. Robinson has even admitted that many times. I would normally say give him more time but for me he has to go. He's had half a season and I just believe we need fresh new input to rejuvenate us for a chance to stay up. Going down would finish the club off im sure of it.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Based on Saturday's performance I would vote for new forwards and to keep Robbo but we only see that type of performance rarely and never consistently deliver. Robinson has even admitted that many times. I would normally say give him more time but for me he has to go. He's had half a season and I just believe we need fresh new input to rejuvenate us for a chance to stay up. Going down would finish the club off im sure of it.

I agree that we will go down with this clown in charge

I doubt even with new signings with him in charge that we will stay up.Its only due to having other rubbish around us which is keeping us in with any chance at all.

The odd good performance does nothing to give me any confidence .