Holloway signs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with this one. Based on last season I was convinced Holloway will develop into a player who will play at a higher level and was really disappointed we didn't get him signed up permanently. Miles better than what we've had up front so far this season.

Happy with this one. Based on last season I was convinced Holloway will develop into a player who will play at a higher level and was really disappointed we didn't get him signed up permanently. Miles better than what we've had up front so far this season.

agree but we still need a goal scorer or are we relying on the new lad from non league.

agree but we still need a goal scorer or are we relying on the new lad from non league.

He was only in non league to regain fitness, was a prospect at Liverpool,but sustained a bad injury at Kilmarnock (5 goals in 16 appearances) from which he's now fully recovered. Scored an hat trick recently against a strong Bury reserve team and apparently has been training well with the first team. He should start tomorrow.

Edited by BP1960

He was only in non league to regain fitness, was a prospect at Liverpool,but sustained a bad injury at Kilmarnock (5 goals in 16 appearances) from which he's now fully recovered. Scored an hat trick recently against a strong Bury reserve team and apparently has been training well with the first team. He should start tomorrow.

I'd be surprised if he starts above Holloway.

I think a Holloway/McKay partnership will be Shez' preference, with Ngoo offering something different later on.

I always bow to your superior knowledge and experience on such mattersBP but he's played around 20 games in the last 3 or 4 years. We shall see. Let's hope you're right

Edited by astottie

I always bow to your superior knowledge and experience on such mattersBP but he's played around 20 games in the last 3 or 4 years. We shall see. Let's hope you're right

6"6, supposedly quick and looks very strong. Must have a bit of talent to be on Liverpool's books for so long as well.

He'll be useful in some way.

Guest nonaenever

6"6, supposedly quick and looks very strong. Must have a bit of talent to be on Liverpool's books for so long as well.

He'll be useful in some way.

Agree. Obviously a bit of a gamble but he appears to have all the attributes to make his mark at this level - with the right support and coaching. All in all it's been a very positive week after months of doom and gloom - a "new" manager, a home win, a free game for fans on Tuesday - and 3 signings. Let's hope, after many false dawns, that this is really the start of a wholesale improvement in our fortunes - and who knows what's developing in the background?

Agree. Obviously a bit of a gamble but he appears to have all the attributes to make his mark at this level - with the right support and coaching. All in all it's been a very positive week after months of doom and gloom - a "new" manager, a home win, a free game for fans on Tuesday - and 3 signings. Let's hope, after many false dawns, that this is really the start of a wholesale improvement in our fortunes - and who knows what's developing in the background?