Club statement

More than one journalist would get wind of the story. A club can't promise exclusive stories to everybody.

Most times the press just have to run with something or else they'll never run anything and then we never learn anything.

I get that, but let's say this was a real prospect of investment happening, the exclusive could've been the first interview with the new people coming on board etc. Obviously the news of the investment would get out in the meantime, so you offer something other journos wouldn't get once pen goes on paper with the investors etc.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure this is about the Chinese having pulled out as most seem to be assuming. It sounds to me more about Scholes being upset about the story of him being 'used' to help sell the club.

I'm intrigued by Keegan's 'Brassbank' special. Sounds like the gloves are off now between him and the club.

I get that, but let's say this was a real prospect of investment happening, the exclusive could've been the first interview with the new people coming on board etc. Obviously the news of the investment would get out in the meantime, so you offer something other journos wouldn't get once pen goes on paper with the investors etc.

I'm sure the journalists and their editors would know the benefit of breaking the story outweighs a potential interview later down the line. It's all about being first with the news.

If a news organisation is regularly beaten on breaking news people will move away from it.

I'm not so sure this is about the Chinese having pulled out as most seem to be assuming. It sounds to me more about Scholes being upset about the story of him being 'used' to help sell the club.

I'm intrigued by Keegan's 'Brassbank' special. Sounds like the gloves are off now between him and the club.

100%.

Scholes got his fingers in plenty of pies.

I imagine the Chinese possible investment is still ongoing, they can't obviously stay here for long so have to go home, but leaving disappointed is not what I wanted to hear.

There's no way if there was genuine interest then experienced businessmen would have been scared off by an article read by a handful of people with a mistake (if it even was a mistake) about Scholes' involvement.

Whatever I and no doubt others think about the toilet paper he works for, Mike Keegan has always come across to me as a good journalist who loves Oldham Athletic. I simply will not believe that he'd do harm to the club by releasing a false story.

It's Corney throwing his toys out the pram, as he often does. Didn't the menu in the North Stand have the Chinese names on?

As Prozac says, drama queens.

I'm sure the journalists and their editors would know the benefit of breaking the story outweighs a potential interview later down the line. It's all about being first with the news.

If a news organisation is regularly beaten on breaking news people will move away from it.

Really?

Twitter is always first nowadays, these Chinese investors included....

How utterly condescending!

Just who is that last line regarding reading stories with degrees of caution aimed at?

The unofficial fan sites who are the life blood of the club or the increasing number of stay a ways that do not give a :censored: that the club is supposedly trying to win back?

Well, suggesting that fans are idiots by voicing their own speculative opinions and then being unable to different between fact and fiction does not help.

What does the club expect when for over 20 years, they have issued the very same level of drivel in comedy sketch type statements that they are currently refuting and expect us to believe them?

:censored:ing hypocrites.

What was the difference between thd Mail article and that in ghe Chron todayt

Id be pissed off if i was called a Utd fan but it seem maybe a co owner of Salford may not be happy with his part in the story?

The Salford thing is hyped up when I went away watching Worcester there soon as the cameras where off Scholes left and didn't want to know

Really?

Twitter is always first nowadays, these Chinese investors included....

Yeah but what ever your opinion on any particular news organisation, at least it's an organisation with journalistic staff - not some randomer with a twitter account and smartphone.

I don't believe anything I read on twitter.

Not a big Mike Keegan fan but part of me thinks he still has a beef with the club over the Koukash takeover he was bigging up while at the MEN.

I did mention on Twitter earlier that Man City have had Chinese investment recently & Corney has never hidden the fact he wants closer ties with Man City.

However this was before the statement tonight I reckon this is more to do with Scholes if anything. People always say why did he never sign or getting involved with he club permanently.

I wonder maybe he his not happy with the current set up at the club. Just a thought anyway.