Club statement

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere, later this morning, Simon and Barry stir, groaning, amidst the detritus of a two-day bender.

Simon raises his head gingerly, peering over the empty bottles of WKD Blue and discarded Kansas Fried Chicken boxes, to see the faint glow of a computer screen. "Oh Barry... did we... write something on the website last night?"

Corney announces "important visitors" are in town to a bloke he's meeting with and knows posts on here.

Corney takes said visitors to Nandos, a public chicken emporium, where they meet an employee who loves the club and posts on here.

Corney names them on a visitor sheet within OEC premises which is tweeted by an OEC employee.

Scholes did work with the club and was photographed doing it.

Journo produces an article that builds on this information and speculates accordingly.

I'm struggling to see what Mike Keegan has done wrong.

Corney announces "important visitors" are in town to a bloke he's meeting with and knows posts on here.

Corney takes said visitors to Nandos, a public chicken emporium, where they meet an employee who loves the club and posts on here.

Corney names them on a visitor sheet within OEC premises which is tweeted by an OEC employee.

Journo produces an article that builds on this information and speculates accordingly.

Everything points to Scholes being the one who is narked for whatever reason.

Everything points to Scholes being the one who is narked for whatever reason.

What is Scholes issue really? He claims he supports our club when convenient for him; this hasn't done any harm and will increase our profile. In fact people probably read it as great Paul Scholes coaching his hometown youth team on his way to getting his coaching badges.

Probably wanted them to invest into Salford or feels like he's had his high profile in the game abused by our club.

However our club leveraged as much free press and interest as possible - Scholes training our youth players, Chinese millionaires with a track record of invested in football clubs attending our largest attended game in years and loads of press interest prior to this game so interest had been ramped up.

It's just unfortunate and naive that our club then go public slagging off that same press because they've "speculated". That story though has probably done more good than harm as other investors might now consider our club to be worthy if someone like Martin Lee and Ledman were interested. A few column inches wouldn't put these guys off IF they were seriously interested. That press release probably did more harm....unless it was released as mitigation because they'd already told Corney thanks but not thanks and Keenan's article now being used as the catalyst to that decision.

Edited by Midsblue

What's all this :censored: about they should have held a press conference to say 2 Chinese blokes had come to watch a game? Why should they? You're basing that on them actually being potential investors.

On that note though,how about every time Anthony Gee has called a potential investor who says "hmmm maybe, let me have a think" the club releases a statement about that?

You really don't see how fans interpret things do you?

Scholes has got lots of different interests, Keegan has put him with us in articles before, no doubt it gets them an increase in clicks.

Tone of this one suggests he was used as a bit of a performing monkey (which he probably was tbf) and maybe he's not happy with that?

If it was the Chinese lads who were upset then you'd have thought the statement would have led on them.

My gut feeling it's yet another example where the clubs hierarchy had a great opportunity in their hands and :censored:ed it up yet again. One step forward, two steps back.

This time they've alienated two journos who support the club and effectively, via their press release last night, undermined the journalistic integrity of both Keegan and Chambers. I just don't understand why they chose to issue it and what they expect to achieve.

Scholes coaching on the same day when potential investors were invited to the club is too convenient to be merely coincidence. Even our owners aren't that stupid not to have given Scholes the heads up and would have known Scholes would be there. To claim that Scholes wasn't being used to wow Lee shows how stupid the owners can be.

Next thing they'll claim is that giving free entrance to all for the Posh game had nothing to do with Lee being present to an almost full house but more a case of Corney feeling generous because the fixture was postponed previously due to bad weather.

Chambers is a Bradford fan.

I meant support the club from a journalistic angle.

Whatever peoples views are of Keegan, he is a fan and any piece he writes on our club is from a fans perspective.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with his article - all the facts were there already and the only "speculation" is Scholes being used to promote the club. How stupid does the club think we are if they expect us to believe Scholes coaching whilst prospective new owners were visiting was purely coincidental?!

Edited by Midsblue

So now we have more wild speculation about who was pissed off and how this article by Keegan as harmed the club. Would it not be more prudent to state in the hissy fit exactly how and who?

Job done, no need for denials of false and inaccurate stories plucked from us dumb mothers :censored:ers on here.

Edited by Lags

So now we have more wild speculation about who was pissed off and how this article by Keegan as harmed the club. Would it not be more prudent to state in the hissy fit exactly how and who?

Job done, no need for denials of false and inaccurate stories plucked from us dumb mothers :censored:ers on here.

Makes me think it has got Moisley's prints on it, been a change of mindset since he stepped up.

A bit off message I know, but "public chicken emporium".... love it ! :OASISscarf: