Club statement

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic from a guy who went on a massive rant & blocked everyone because they said his mate's son in law was :censored: at football.

Who was that? Maybe that explains why I'm blocked? Although I don't make a habit of berating anyone in a public environment. Genuinely confused.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Yeah but what ever your opinion on any particular news organisation, at least it's an organisation with journalistic staff - not some randomer with a twitter account and smartphone.

I don't believe anything I read on twitter.

Twitter is a modern day over the garden wall gossip machine, some of it turns out to be true though.

Never a good idea to lock horns with the press from a club perspective.

That's what I mean Mick, feed them the news first in a proper press conference rather than let things drip out on Twitter.

Edited by BP1960

What's all this :censored: about they should have held a press conference to say 2 Chinese blokes had come to watch a game? Why should they? You're basing that on them actually being potential investors.

On that note though,how about every time Anthony Gee has called a potential investor who says "hmmm maybe, let me have a think" the club releases a statement about that?

Surely, if you're a non-gutter Journo, you go to the club and say "hey, I've got this article I'm going to run with. I can hold off if you feel it may be detrimental. I would like an exclusive in return tho please when the times right" Then everyone's a winner. Unless they say no to the exclusive and then the article gets run and the club have no comeback. This way...everyone appears to have lost.

Journalism is about investigating and reporting facts, if they've got facts, report them. Bollocks to the playground negotiation bull:censored:.