Ngoo?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said during Holloway's loan spell that he'll play at a higher level and I still believe that. Just looking at his goals/game ratio is short-sighted. He's the sort of player who would enable a decent striker alongside him the opportunity to score :censored:loads.

I do appreciate his skills, but which striker in his career has done that alongside him Steve?

That BP often has a view on a player which is then done to death over and over again. He thought Dan Gardner was great but he seems to be nothing special at all. Holloway is apparently :censored:e. Ngoo is the potential saviour on the basis of one game that BP didn't see, the fact that he is tall and a fictitious goalscoring ratio in Scotland.

If Gardner is good because he is playing league football then by that logic so is Holloway.

That BP often has a view on a player which is then done to death over and over again. He thought Dan Gardner was great but he seems to be nothing special at all. Holloway is apparently :censored:e. Ngoo is the potential saviour on the basis of one game that BP didn't see, the fact that he is tall and a fictitious goalscoring ratio in Scotland.

If Gardner is good because he is playing league football then by that logic so is Holloway.

1. I said Gardner was better than non league when he was at Droylsden. I was proved correct.

By the same token I said Matt Smith was poor at Droylsden. Got that one wrong as it turns out he's had a good league career.

2. I praised Holloway for for his skill on the ball, but not his goalscoring ability.

3. I never said Ngoo will be our saviour, just give him a chance seeing as the rest aren't finding the net with any regularity.

Don't rewrite my posts to suit your own opinion.

Edited by BP1960

The nature of non league football is that it's hard to differentiate between the ones who can make it and those who can't, such is the step up and what it requires.

To spot a player who could operate at this level is impressive in itself - Gardner has had at least two seasons in this division around the first team. The rest is up to the player, naturally.

I'm not defending BP's views on Holloway and Ngoo - I haven't read much of them in truth - but a scout can only do so much...

Are you saying rather than signing Holloway we should have gone for someone with, say 41 goals in 82 games, who would have ensured we won all 5 of the games he's played in for us, has scored in every game he's played for us (or failing that, at least half of them), has never been injured and is never gong to be injured and was ever present for the team in this division we were going to sign him from?

He sounds ace - what's his name and how much will he cost

My point is that is exactly what some seem to want to believe we have signed.....he is a million miles off. He is not particularly quick, he is hardly prolific, he doesn't play very often, he couldn't get a game in this division, apart from one game for Fleetwood the highest level he has ever played at is 18 th in our league........as I say I have reservations

My point is that is exactly what some seem to want to believe we have signed.....he is a million miles off. He is not particularly quick, he is hardly prolific, he doesn't play very often, he couldn't get a game in this division, apart from one game for Fleetwood the highest level he has ever played at is 18 th in our league........as I say I have reservations

6 wins from his 15 games suggests he's having a fairly positive effect on the team.

The nature of non league football is that it's hard to differentiate between the ones who can make it and those who can't, such is the step up and what it requires.

To spot a player who could operate at this level is impressive in itself - Gardner has had at least two seasons in this division around the first team. The rest is up to the player, naturally.

I'm not defending BP's views on Holloway and Ngoo - I haven't read much of them in truth - but a scout can only do so much...

You are correct, no one gets them all right, you will often find professional scouts, coaches and managers have differing opinions on the same player.

Fans are the same.

I'm retired now, but was retained by several top flight clubs over a period of 30 years and had offers to join this club, so must have been doing something right.

Whether Ngoo can do a job is open to question, the manager signed him so he must have some faith in his ability. Do fans wish to slag off him too?

Edited by BP1960