Ngoo?

Whilst I agree with some of the comments about the 'banter' that sections of our support give the players, some of the supportive comments about Ngoo's performance are overblown IMHO.

There were a number of factors that changed the game in that 25 minute spell. The entire front 6 started to press which in turn moved us 20 yards up the pitch and pressure their midfield who had run the game.

He did give us a focal point but much of that was simply him being at the point of the attack rather than any particular act of quality on his behalf. As we had nobody to do that job previously it did improve the shape of the team and allowed us to play.

For a player with his junior pedigree some of his movement is terrible. His run for the Mclaughlin goal was a case in point. Until he fell over he had dragged both centre halves right into the space that we were breaking into.

Gassed or not he offered next to nothing in the final 15 minutes and as the team stopped pressing he became wholly ineffective and certainly not calable of holding the ball up.

Seems like a decent team man judging by the celebrations and like many would love to be proved wrong. I just don't see it and still feel we are really short in that area if he has to provide more than 10 minute 'shock' cameos.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ngoo probably won't want to play for us much more if he keeps coming on as sub and receiving a zulu esque chant of his name. It isn't done affectionately either as people can't make their mind up whether he's any good or not.

Get a grip ffs... :lol:

When we did the same for a bald white bloke from Yorkshire whose name also rhymed with "oo" was that "zulu-esque" aswell?

I'm sure Ngoo thanks you for contriving to be offended on his behalf.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'm still not sure what his game is. If you told him we were setting the team up to suit his style, what would he like? Genuinely interested. Our joint Latics/Hearts fan and his mates weren't glowing about him when I asked on Facebook but let's give him a chance. It's intriguing at least

I'm still not sure what his game is. If you told him we were setting the team up to suit his style, what would he like? Genuinely interested. Our joint Latics/Hearts fan and his mates weren't glowing about him when I asked on Facebook but let's give him a chance. It's intriguing at least

After a serious injury it's obvious he isnt the prospect he was at Southend, Liverpool and England under 20s.

I think Shez has given him a chance in the hope he can make a good recovery and add something different to the squad. That sounds fine to me.

The noise greeting Ngoo coming on to the pitch is without a shadow of a doubt racist....non malicious but nevertheless racist

Arsenal fans used to regularly shout petit at Emmanual Petite in the sane we shout Ngoo. Bolton fans used to chant Fish to Mark Fish in the same way. I'm sure Ngoo knows it's a term of affection.

Plus the way he celebrated with the team during both goals in the second half and at full time was that of a player who wants to be here.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The noise greeting Ngoo coming on to the pitch is without a shadow of a doubt racist....non malicious but nevertheless racist

What the :censored:?

He didn't seem to mind when he was flailing his arms around like a drowning fisherman during the goal celebration.

He might be a bit :censored: but the fact remains he's useful.

Racist? Do me a favour

Oooooooh Roger Palmer

Arsenal fans used to regularly shout petit at Emmanual Petite in the sane we shout Ngoo. Bolton fans used to chant Fish to Mark Fish in the same way. I'm sure Ngoo knows it's a term of affection.

Plus the way he celebrated with the team during both goals in the second half and at full time was that of a player who wants to be here.

Blimey Glossop " I'm sure he knows it's a term of affection" .......come on shoe shine