Ngoo?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For England under 20s,

In fact they probably had the best opportunity, created brilliantly by Liverpool's Michael Ngoo. He is an unlikely looking footballer, so leggy that his first touch after coming off the bench was greeted with a ripple of laughter from the 40,000 sell-out crowd. His second, though, was sensational as, like a squid on a carousel, he slithered goalward in a blur of limbs, beating three defenders before slipping through a pass for Adam Smith, up from right-back.

88 goals in 152 games for Stockport.

I seem to recall KF playing against us at BP for Birmingham years ago. I think he scored 2 o.g. (and maybe got close to a third) and got substituted off to a standing ovation from the chaddy and with "There is only one Kevin Francis" being chanted with gusto.

Back to OT.

I think we have probably the worst collection of forwards I can remember. The fact that Shez was happy to play with 6 midfielders and no recognised striker for a long period today would seem testiment to that (though McLoughlan looks like he could be one).

And I still don't think Ngoo is anything other than a big lump that scares defenders more than he should if they knew how bad he was.

No their keeper changed the game....no he caused no problems apart from falling ove r and confusing the defenders who should have tracked Maclaughlin.....did he show some decent touches, ummm no

Whilst I agree with the sentiment about Ngoo the game had shifted before the goalkeepers mistake.

Granted that gift was very welcome but we had pressed with more success and commitment from much earlier in the half.

As much as we can ever say a goal is coming with our record....... it was!

.....with his size and stature, he takes two men out of the game to mark him.

Long may that continue.

This.

Sadly, once a few scouts have seen him and realise there is nothing to fear in terms of ability - this benefit may dwindle away.

A player that polarises opinion clearly.

What? He spent more time on the floor than a......... His brain is clearly too far from his feet

I think he probably had the wrong studs on a terrible pitch...

Hilarious that some people have already labelled him ":censored:e" after just a couple of (actually fairly decent..) cameos.

We could sign the entire Barcelona first-team and there's be at least one Latics fans that would find something to moan about.

Edited by JoeP

I think he probably had the wrong studs on a terrible pitch...

Hilarious that some people have already labelled him ":censored:e" after just a couple of (actually fairly decent..) cameos.

We could sign the entire Barcelona first-team and there's be at least one Latics fans that would find something to moan about.

That Lionel Messi is too lightweight for this league, same with Xavi, and who thinks Mascherano is a centre half wants their head examining...

WOW some miserable boogers on here. Give the lad a chance. He speaks really well for a footballer that has had a terrible injury and a well paid start at Liverpool and looking to rebuild a career. Hes still only 24.

Did he make a difference yesterday in his cameo. Yes. Isn't that the point of a substitute if he was Harry Kane he wouldn't be playing for us. Hes not match fit so a sub role works.

Why the hell do we constantly look to stick the boot in our own players, before had a fair run in team. If turns out to be hopeless so be it but some on here should be managing Bayern or Barca with the level of criticism tossed about like confetti.

Remember many said Ladapo was useless. Perhaps it was the service, tactics that was the fault. But get behind the players young and old.

I am generally quite positive about our players, particularly new ones.

However, I have seen and heard fans laughing at times at his performances so far (albeit short), and I have to agree with them.

For me he just doesn't look like a footballer. But I accept that others have the view that he has something that I don't see.

I am also more than happy to be proved wrong - and would love to see him grow in fitness and impact over the next few months.

Someone mentioned Matt Smith earlier, and he is a good example of a player that didn't look like much to start, but got better and better. In fact it was getting a couple of goals that seemed to breath confidence into him, particularly against the Premiership teams. It was almost as though he didn't quite believe himself he deserved to be there until he got a on the score sheet.

Not an outstanding player now by any means, but good enough to be effective in the Championship.

Will Ngoo do the same? I hope so, but for me it is only hope - and not belief.

But football and football forums would be nothing without different opinions would it?

For me he just doesn't look like a footballer. But I accept that others have the view that he has something that I don't see.

In the way Peter Crouch doesn't look like a footballer? And Joe Colbeck does?

It is all about opinion, but I think many of our fans constantly try too hard to look for something negative.

See thats the differnece tho. I saw matt smith 1st game against sheff utd and i said to my mate when he gets fit and used to league football he will cause some problems and the same goes with Ngoo. That day there were fans moaning at a 20 year old kid saying he was :censored:. Ive had many a row in the chaddy with moaning :censored: outing players. But its when it happens to the young players it pisses me off. We've a long history on jumping on backs of players because they dont have the 1st touch of Iniesta in league 1

Both....Spot on its the rush to be critical that is both unfair and ridiculous in context of a Div 1 club stuck here for 20 years.

As for laughing at him and not a dig at Scapegoat, well of course these people are ex pro footballers with distinguished careers on a playstation or armchair. Possibly don't know a decent player and couldn't pass a ball across a garden. All I would like is give a player 10 or so games before looking for issues. Opinions are healthy, blatant negativity is a waste of energy.

You dont have to of been an ex player to have a laugh at Ngoo yesterday it was comical at times, I'm not saying he didn't influence the game I will give him credit for that but he clearly had the wrong footwear on and his cross field run to close them down could be best described as in slow motion, he did a job but I found it humourous to watch.

Yeah thats fair BUT Some of the latics "banter" is nasty, negative from first to last, and personal. Bit like OWTB in recent times from one or two. Sense a lot of criticism of players is just miserable moaning before had chance to establish themselves. Giving likes of Feeney stick fair game as had plenty of chances in his time with us. Ngoo looks like a few already tagged him as a boo boy from comments I have heard. Corney has referenced exactly that.

I agree with that but to be fair most around me were having a bit of a giggle with nothing really sinister aimed his way, I did have one behind me yesterday who got on Hunts back after minute one for going backwards instead of hoofing it forwards, he's probably the same bellend who got on Betrands back on his debut.

If it helps I quite like him. There is an annoying guy sits behind me calls him Bambi 2 (Fane being Bambi)- maybe as annoying as my cackles of laughter everytime he touches the ball.

He certainly changed the game yesterday and it's evident that he wasn't brought on for Holloway due to his massive fitness issues. He would have never have lasted.

Long may he reign supreme at being completely hilarious.