Ngoo?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he scored 5 in 17 for Hearts? Or am I being stupid? The 1.411 figure you keep quoting is the number of minutes he played for Hearts, but using the European full-stop separator rather than a comma (i.e. 1,411 minutes). It's not a ratio...

Arguably more interesting is that he's only ever scored 6 in 48 first-team games in his career by the age of 24. Not sure he's quite the goalscoring Messiah we'd like him to be, but hope to be proved wrong...!

So he scored 5 in 17 for Hearts? Or am I being stupid? The 1.411 figure you keep quoting is the number of minutes he played for Hearts, but using the European full-stop separator rather than a comma (i.e. 1,411 minutes). It's not a ratio...

Arguably more interesting is that he's only ever scored 6 in 48 first-team games in his career by the age of 24. Not sure he's quite the goalscoring Messiah we'd like him to be, but hope to be proved wrong...!

6 in 48 first team games doesn't tell you how many minutes he spent on the pitch, many may only have been a few minutes like at this club.

His goals by minutes on the pitch stand up just as Matt Smith's did when he played here.

In your opinion will he score less goals than the other strikers if given a run of games?

Edited by BP1960

6 in 48 first team games doesn't tell you how many minutes he spent on the pitch, many may only have been a few minutes like at this club.

His goals by minutes on the pitch stand up just as Matt Smith's did when he played here.

In your opinion will he score less goals than the other strikers if given a run of games?

That wasn't really my argument, I just wanted to make it clear that he didn't actually have a goal per game scoring record at Hearts. Society's recent tendency towards 'post-truth' culture has made me increasingly fractious towards arguments premised on misinformation.

But as you ask...

I don't know.

It concerns me slightly, however, that a succession of, frankly, pretty mediocre clubs in equally medicore leagues (ourselves included) haven't deemed him good enough to play consistently, despite his apparent pedigree.

Given a prolonged chance, he might bag a couple, but I'm as yet unconvinced that he's the answer to our problems, and suspect he'll be released at the end of the season.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

That wasn't really my argument, I just wanted to make it clear that he didn't actually have a goal per game scoring record at Hearts. Society's recent tendency towards 'post-truth' culture has made me increasingly fractious towards arguments premised on misinformation.

But as you ask...

I don't know.

It concerns me slightly, however, that a succession of, frankly, pretty mediocre clubs in equally medicore leagues (ourselves included) haven't deemed him good enough to play consistently, despite his apparent pedigree.

Given a prolonged chance, he might bag a couple, but I'm as yet unconvinced that he's the answer to our problems, and suspect he'll be released at the end of the season.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

This may explain his poor record in the last couple of years, seems a serious ankle injury he might not have fully recovered from.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-ngoo/verletzungen/spieler/175739

Edited by BP1960

Ngoo is a poor footballer. I've said it another thread and I'll stand it by it. Like I also said in the other thread, I'd love to be proven wrong.

There's little, if any evidence to prove you right. Your slate was clearly never clean for whatever reason. Probably the most premature judgement of a player I've ever seen on this site, and you've got plenty of competition...

There's little, if any evidence to prove you right. Your slate was clearly never clean for whatever reason. Probably the most premature judgement of a player I've ever seen on this site, and you've got plenty of competition...

In his defence I have to admit I made a rapid judgment after watching Lord Kangana 5 minutes into his Latics debut.

Strange he started his first game, did well and was then dropped hardly to be seen again.

Was he actually that good at Shrewsbury?

I didn't go so couldn't judge directly but he didn't trouble the scorers and the reviews people on here some were impressed but it wasn't unanimous.

The 2 sub appearances I saw against Peterborough and Bradford he didn't really trouble the opposition defence too much. Matt Smith was way ahead of him at this stage in his career infact he was already a championship playe.

That said I don't think we should say either way if he is the answer or not at this stage.

His goal ratio at Hearts was 1.411 (practically a goal a game).

Ok it's Scotland, but still makes me think he has more goals in him than the others.

He was also prolific for Liverpool under 23s.

He played 16 games at Hearts (all starts, not short sub appearances) and scored 5. That's no even close to a goal a game. And it's Scotland.

He scored a hattrick for our stiffs though.

And he is tall.

That's enough in BP's world.

You have to play to the strengths of these guys, not many on here were impressed with Matt Smith before the Liverpool game. Myself included.

You have to play to the strengths of these guys, not many on here were impressed with Matt Smith before the Liverpool game. Myself included.

I wouldn't know what his strengths are and neither do you yet you are going on as though it is a no brainer that he should be playing.

I wouldn't know what his strengths are and neither do you yet you are going on as though it is a no brainer that he should be playing.

If you read my posts properly I suggest he might score more goals than those tried, tested, and failed before.

If he isn't given a chance you will never know. It should be obvious even to you if we carry on as we are we won't score enough goals to avoid relegation.

Why did the manager sign him is one question you ought to ask?

It seems to me you love to prove people wrong, it doesn't bother me what you think though as I will give my opinions anyway.

Edited by BP1960

Well he has scored just 8 goals in 82 football league appearances, we have lost 3 of the 5 games he has played for this season, he has only ever scored in one game for us, he has managed just 14 starts in the last 21 months,we have failed to score in 6 of the 14 games in which he has appeared for us, he was not able to get into the team of a club in our division..... there is a case to answer

Are you saying rather than signing Holloway we should have gone for someone with, say 41 goals in 82 games, who would have ensured we won all 5 of the games he's played in for us, has scored in every game he's played for us (or failing that, at least half of them), has never been injured and is never gong to be injured and was ever present for the team in this division we were going to sign him from?

He sounds ace - what's his name and how much will he cost?

Edited by HarryBosch

If you read my posts properly I suggest he might score more goals than those tried, tested, and failed before.

If he isn't given a chance you will never know. It should be obvious even to you if we carry on as we are we won't score enough goals to avoid relegation.

If he fails, he's been no different than the the rest.

It seems to me you love to prove people wrong, it doesn't bother me what you think though as I will give my opinions anyway.

Won 3 out of 6 under Sheridan, maintain that and we stay up, ugly football or not.

He knows what is getting with Holloway, that's why he is playing and Ngoo isn't, I trust him to get more right than wrong.

Strange he started his first game, did well and was then dropped hardly to be seen again.

Not really.

Shez had only had them for a week or so and had been trying stuff out during games and in training.

He tried Ngoo out and he did OK in a poor team performance.

Next he tried Holloway and McLaughlin. While far from perfect, that's been more successful and he's stuck with it.

Edited by HarryBosch

Are we sure about Holloway? I for one have reservations

I said during Holloway's loan spell that he'll play at a higher level and I still believe that. Just looking at his goals/game ratio is short-sighted. He's the sort of player who would enable a decent striker alongside him the opportunity to score :censored:loads.

Won 3 out of 6 under Sheridan, maintain that and we stay up, ugly football or not.

He knows what is getting with Holloway, that's why he is playing and Ngoo isn't, I trust him to get more right than wrong.

He knows what he's getting with Holloway, I assume by that you mean very few goals.

So the manager sometimes gets things wrong, that's a surprise.

Edited by BP1960