Home End preference Chaddy vs Rocky Round 134

Chaddy vs Rocky  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the home end

• Chaddy
    • Rocky
    • No preference happy to go with the general consensus

Well after today's announcement this really opens up this age old debate.

Now for years I've looked on at a full RRE and thought wouldn't it be great if we could fill it, it looks very imposing when it's full and has everyone singing.

However we are never going to realistically fill it when we are fighting relegation. I don't think the move to the RRE has necessarily improved the atmosphere however a move move back won't do that either. The atmosphere in the old chaddy felt pretty stale which is why many wanted to move in the first place.

I'm at a stage now where I believe that we should go with the general consensus.

I do believe however that many of us that go to BP are creatures of habit and I disagree with moving the fans like this on the hop. This problem is going to occur again therefore I believe we should have a designated home end.

So what do we all think

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the fans are gonna be moved out every time there's a big away following, then the Chaddy every day. Give me a permanent home end over being pissed about every day of the week...

The club need to tell fans the facts before they make decisions that directly effect supporters.

If the fans are gonna be moved out every time there's a big away following, then the Chaddy every day. Give me a permanent home end over being pissed about every day of the week...

The club need to tell fans the facts before they make decisions that directly effect supporters.

2 times in 23 games...

It doesn't affect you though Mcfluff, I'd bet my bottom dollar that if you was asked to move out of your seat or those you sit with were for away fans you'd be bumping your gums about it.

I understand the frustration but the post before mine was implying it's constant. Yes it's not nice. But it is only 2 games in a season. If I had to move to North stand for 2 games I wouldn't be excited but I'd understand why it was being done

I understand the frustration but the post before mine was implying it's constant. Yes it's not nice. But it is only 2 games in a season. If I had to move to North stand for 2 games I wouldn't be excited but I'd understand why it was being done

I think that you misunderstood the phraseology in that post

I'm not arsed about it myself, but weren't the RRE home tickets cheaper than the Chaddy on the basis that you might be moved for big games?

When we demolished the lookers abd went to 3 stands yes that was the case when the north stand was built I don't believe that was the case unless anyone can prove me wrong?

Perhaps this is a prelude to the home fans being relocated next seasons back to the Chaddy. I seem to recollect that one of the reasons for the change was so that a family stand area was more feasible in the RRE. Now that the North Stand is open a move there ore even the Main stand could be an option

Perhaps this is a prelude to the home fans being relocated next seasons back to the Chaddy. I seem to recollect that one of the reasons for the change was so that a family stand area was more feasible in the RRE. Now that the North Stand is open a move there ore even the Main stand could be an option

Erm no.

Wasn't there an issue when the Rocky was split that opposing fans were always seemingly having a go at each other?

Mind you I do believe that the confectionary sales were also high at the time!

Aside from the obvious case in the main stand .. Wasn't the chaddy in a need of work? Maybe the location of them newer houses (ie the ones being built at the moment that back right onto the chaddy) has something to do with it? I dare say home supporters are better behaved, but if there's any work planned/dreamed of it would make more sense to inconvenience away supporters once a season as opposed to home support every home game?

That said ... start afresh next season .. back into the Chaddy, split the Rocky and cheaper tickets on the proviso that you may be moved from time to time ..

I don't think it'll bring many stayaways back, but I doubt many will go because of it!

Only time will tell ..

Edited by thetramfixer

We all like to sit where we usually sit with the people we usually sit with.

Wheelchair users should have parking close to the stand they sit in rather than be faced with an obstacle corse. JFS has the best facilities for wheel chair users.

We need an area designated as a family stand. Not just so families can sit together but because it is a safer environment as it can cater for our youngest supporters. JFS has an area which we can use for this.

The home end should remain the home end. JFS gets my vote.

However we are never going to realistically fill it when we are fighting relegation. I don't think the move to the RRE has necessarily improved the atmosphere however a move move back won't do that either. The atmosphere in the old chaddy felt pretty stale (to some) which is why some (most of whom weren't going in the Chaddy anyway) wanted to move in the first place.

Fixed your opening post for you.

Fixed your opening post for you.

I was forced to move from the Chaddy. I sit in the North Stand now. Would I go back tomorrow? Hell yes.

Sadly, the rapport you build up with people over the years has been lost now that everyone has been moved. Funny how you get to know people (some now good friends) by going to the football.

So whilst I would move back tomorrow, I don't think it will be the same for a long time.

BoundaryBlue is spot on.

Imagine the fury if they'd given the away fans the Chaddy back in the 90s.

Yes, it may not be comparable in terms of atmosphere or crowds, but some people will now have that home end affinity to the JFS in the same way fans did to the Chaddy back when it was the home end.

Constantly uprooting and upsetting fans is not the way to go, nor does it show any self-respect for our own club or its fans. If you make a decision you have to be prepared to stick with it, whether it was right or wrong to originally move from the Chaddy.

Anyone who would choose to go in the Chaddy needs sectioning, only thing it needs is knocking down.

Love the Chaddy and the memories I have from there, wouldn't mind one bit if we were relocated back in there, its our end and most fans who are 40+ will always see it as such.