• Chaddy
    • Rocky
    • No preference happy to go with the general consensus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a desparation move by the club.

The club is on its arse. That should count for something with all of us.

Yes, it's not our fault and more to the point, the season ticket holders in the JFS but we have probably all been in a position where we renege on a promise/commitment because circumstances have changed.

This would not be happening if we were having a successful season so lets try and help in avoiding the financially induced debacle of last summer.

It's what fans do - some more than others.

Who seriously wants to be in a Home End called 'the ROCHDALE Road Stand' !!

However, clearly its in better condition than the Chaddy End so should be for Home Fans and it easily caters for our Family Section

Sign it up as 'The Jimmy Frizzell Stand' and make sure we never move our Home Fans from it no matter who we are playing

Our demise in recent years has got us to the point that we're moving Home Fans v 'Local Rivals'

God Forbid we ever have to do it for the visit of Bury or Rochdale :thumbsdown:

For me a lot of it is about memories, tradition and nostalgia - that counts for a lot too.

I have great memories of many things that I wouldn't dream of using now.

Half wonder if safety has played a part in these decisions, very cramped in there when full.

I voted no preference. But that's from the outside looking in. As it seemingly has not impacted atmosphere , away fans will always be louder wherever situated. There should be an option for 'don't care as it doesn't affect me because I sit in neither ' I feel.

You could just not vote!

I do think there should ahve been a separation of if you sit in either stand though.

On the plus side, if there is ever the move back, at least it will be easy to do and can be put down as a trial or experiment.

You could just not vote!

I do think there should ahve been a separation of if you sit in either stand though.

On the plus side, if there is ever the move back, at least it will be easy to do and can be put down as a trial or experiment.

A better poll would include all people no ?

And then you go on to agree with what I was saying ? I was only trying to make a point that it could have been a more accurate analysis.

This would be more palatable if they (the board) offered to spend some of the money to rename the stand properly.

I was against moving from the Chaddy but after a few years in the JFS I have to admit it has better views and facilities and I am not as angry but it still smacks of very poor long term planning by the board.

I have sat in the JFS since I was forced to move from the Chaddy, and after all this time I still feel I'm in an away ground. No matter what the fans want, the club will not turn the Chaddy back into the home end until we get promotion, when it would be economical to do it. The only reason they moved us was to save money on policing, but they didn't think that they would lose money by losing fans who no longer go. They won't come back now even if the Chaddy was restored as the home end. Promotion, if we ever get it would bring clubs with huge away support which would have to be housed in the JFS. This season I'm talking about the likes of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Newcastle, Villa, Huddersfield. Others like Wolves, Birmingham, Preston and Forest if they were playing well.

I have sat in the JFS since I was forced to move from the Chaddy, and after all this time I still feel I'm in an away ground. No matter what the fans want, the club will not turn the Chaddy back into the home end until we get promotion, when it would be economical to do it. The only reason they moved us was to save money on policing, but they didn't think that they would lose money by losing fans who no longer go. They won't come back now even if the Chaddy was restored as the home end. Promotion, if we ever get it would bring clubs with huge away support which would have to be housed in the JFS. This season I'm talking about the likes of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Newcastle, Villa, Huddersfield. Others like Wolves, Birmingham, Preston and Forest if they were playing well.

Sit in the Main stand...

Less than 55% favour our spiritual home end. Sad.

Or you can look at it that 78% would happily back a move to the Chaddy end don't forget the majority won't be sitting in it anyway I think it's fairly unanimous where the popular vote is.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Is it for economic reasons though?

Why is policing a few hundred away fans in the chaddy so much cheaper than the RRE in fact we would shut the small section of the RRE anyway so that would probably be a saving anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

After waiting almost two years, we have the home supporters' view of the beautiful North Stand from the traditional home end.

58d6cf0247b6e_NorthStandfromchaddyEndvSheffUtd25.3_2017.jpg.846f3765b4b66d26e57609997e18ac01.jpg

yep and it still looks like they will get wet when it pisses down :()