Further info on winding up petition process

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot help but think that sooner or later the whole thing is going to come tumbling down. Maybe at the next deal Sky won't pay as much because subscriptions are down, and people are finding other ways (despite attempts to block) as it is so expensive and the bubble will burst.

28 minutes ago, singe said:

You cannot help but think that sooner or later the whole thing is going to come tumbling down. Maybe at the next deal Sky won't pay as much because subscriptions are down, and people are finding other ways (despite attempts to block) as it is so expensive and the bubble will burst.

Nah, Sky have to pay for UK TV Gold +3 somehow.

3 hours ago, singe said:

Hope so. I want to see some big clubs struggle. 

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

If Gillingham disappear after fixtures are completed I assume we hold onto our six points.

I don't think they are about to dissapear. From what I can gather, rather than a winding up petition, this is Companies House applying to have them struck off the register of active companies because they haven't filed their annual return. That's easily fixed.

What the last few posts highlight is that running a football club is difficult and many walk a fine line when it comes to being financially capable of continuing to be able to pay bills.

The old joke of "What's the easiest way to make a small fortune from football?  Start with a large one" is true.

20 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

What the last few posts highlight is that running a football club is difficult and many walk a fine line when it comes to being financially capable of continuing to be able to pay bills.

The old joke of "What's the easiest way to make a small fortune from football?  Start with a large one" is true.

Funny you should say that, I used that very joke in conversation with Simon Jordan many moons ago, bloke had a sense of humour failure and failed to see the funny side.

17 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Bolton Wanderers have been issued a winding-up petition over an unpaid £5m loan, according to BBC Radio Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39731246

Was inevitable.  They are losing 800k per month.  I have no idea how that is allowed to happen.  Houldsworth seems to have been was way out of his depth borrowing that to finance his part in the deal.  I hope he transferred the debt along with his shares otherwise he is in a world of trouble.  Bolton's statement makes it seem like maybe he didn't, but then why is the WUP against Bolton. Boy do they need to get promoted otherwise who is going to finance a £5m injection?

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Was inevitable.  They are losing 800k per month.  I have no idea how that is allowed to happen.  Houldsworth seems to have been was way out of his depth borrowing that to finance his part in the deal.  I hope he transferred the debt along with his shares otherwise he is in a world of trouble.  Bolton's statement makes it seem like maybe he didn't, but then why is the WUP against Bolton. Boy do they need to get promoted otherwise who is going to finance a £5m injection?

That's the strange thing isn't it ?

The WUP has been issued against Bolton, yet they are saying it's nothing to do with them and Houldsworth's company needs to sort it out.

I doubt Bluemarble would have issed a WUP against Bolton without a solid legal case to do so.

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

The WUP has been issued against Bolton, yet they are saying it's nothing to do with them and Houldsworth's company needs to sort it out.

I doubt Bluemarble would have issed a WUP against Bolton without a solid legal case to do so.

Shrewd from holdsworth if so! 

1 hour ago, bozman said:

I agree. It's possibly a mess up by BWFC. That would be a monumental cock up and seems unlikely, but their current leadership hardly has an exemplary record so anything is possible.  Anderson was banned from being a company director from 2005 to 2013. That's a pretty hefty period. 

Edited by kowenicki

7 hours ago, bozman said:

boom

look at this one

18 Mar 2016  

Registration of charge 000430260058, created on 10 March 2016

in this link:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history

or here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/charges

Edited by kowenicki

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

59 charges with 9 outstanding. If I read it right there's on for 5.8million? For the shares? 

Yes Blumarble enabled the takeover by providing the cash to Houldsworth to do the deal.

Not sure how Anderson can say it isn't a BWFC debt though.  Its there a charge on companies house.  Surely he would have had it removed before now if it was Houldsworths rather than theirs.

The BluMarble one is secured against all assets of the club, no doubt.

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yes Blumarble enabled the takeover by providing the cash to Houldsworth to do the deal.

Not sure how Anderson can say it isn't a BWFC debt though.  Its there a charge on companies house.  Surely he would have had it removed before now if it was Houldsworths rather than theirs.

The BluMarble one is secured against all assets of the club, no doubt.

It looks like the Blumarble loan is secured on the ground and surrounding land, so effectively it's a mortgage.

I actually got speaking to a Bolton fan in the pub last night who reckons it's promotion or bust for Anderson. He thinks there is a buyer lined up IF they get promotion who will clear all the debts. If they don't go up they're in big trouble because, loan aside, Anderson just can't afford to subsidise the losses going forward.

Portsmouth are being sold, to a Tornante, and investor co owned by the former Disney CEO Michael Eisner,The Community Club owenership gets a windfall, thy are opting to take all the money up front, but there was a double money dependant on performance option.

The offer is £1,000 for each of the Pompey Supporters Trust 2,750 shares and a further injection of at least £10m

The docment detailing the proposed sale includes a number of legalstatements for the Directors to consider:

Portsmouth £3m per season wage bill is top 3 for League 2

THe £3m is average LEague 1. (IIRC we were £1.5m so fairly well blow average)
£1.3m income per club TV money.

Average Championship Wages will be £26m next year.

Forescast Youth Team average League 1 £200,000 pa

Average Championship club debt is now reported at almost £50 million per club by Deloitte’s

Edited by singe