One for the London lads to answer?

Oyster cards. Can you use these on overground trains? say a journey from London waterloo to Clapham Junction ( south west trains) Clapham Junction to  London Victoria ( southern trains) or Vauxhall, strawberry Hill to Kingston (south West trains)?

Overground and underground. I'm not a London lad but I think they are good zones 1-9 so you should be fine. 

I just use use my bank card the same way as the Oyster card on my trips when I'm down there these days to be honest... not being a London resident. 

Edited by kowenicki

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Yes. But easier these days just to use contactless bank card.  One less thing to carry/lose.

There are mileage limits on how far out of London oyster can be used but those routes would be fine 

Thats what I do.  I didn't even know it was possible until last year when I saw someone else do it. 

15 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I only opened this hoping it would be a 7 pager arguing about which underground change would save you 30 seconds

Can't resist......if any of us was given an extra free 30 seconds what would you do with it?

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes. But easier these days just to use contactless bank card.  One less thing to carry/lose.

There are mileage limits on how far out of London oyster can be used but those routes would be fine 

Tell me more, how does that work? Do you just present it at the barrier or something?