• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan, Bury, Dogdale and Bastard Rovers all at home and done by November 18th. Seems we've been repaid a little this time for having all our big home attendances at the back end of last season.

If we have a decent start then I'd like to think our leader will have a bit more in the coffers come the January market to strengthen.

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Was told Sports Direct haven't been playing ball and moving the goal posts. So maybe a little bit of tension starting to show. 

I'm all for moving the goal posts...our strikers might score a few more goals.

On a personal note, I am disappointed that my only new ground (Rotherham) has fallen when I am out of the country.

Overall, I think the grouping of away derbies is a blow. The four games we would have taken a big following to all falling in February and March will undoubtedly reduce our numbers.

As BB points out, the early home derbies will definitely help our finances

23 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Was told Sports Direct haven't been playing ball and moving the goal posts. So maybe a little bit of tension starting to show. 

Might be something to do with Sports Direct being pissed at the club for not having the Chaddy End roof emblazoned with their logo for the last 3 years, as per part of the deal.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Might be something to do with Sports Direct being pissed at the club for not having the Chaddy End roof emblazoned with their logo for the last 3 years, as per part of the deal.

Which sports direct were paying for! Down to them when it was done! 

Which of you hearty souls fancies Plymouth away 2 days before Christmas?

Looks like we should be able to pay everyone on time up until Christmas this year. Hopefully we wont be having to sack another manager in January either, getting to the 3rd round of the FA cup will also help keep the wolves from the door.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looks like we should be able to pay everyone on time up until Christmas this year. Hopefully we wont be having to sack another manager in January either, getting to the 3rd round of the FA cup will also help keep the wolves from the door.

Me, I'm going to be in the SW over Xmas, so I'm delighted it is then, couldn't have picked a better date.

The train fares will be expensive, so anyone going from the NW may want to look at flights to Exeter/Newquay, which may be bookable now.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Might get the missus a season ticket for Valentine's day 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The money was given to the club for it to be done. 

The first I heard about this was a few months ago.  The club (Corney I think) saying that Sports Direct were responsible for painting the roof and hadn't got round to it.

No idea what the contractual truth is, but I'm fairly sure previous roof painting deals were down to the sponsor.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Me with any luck. As an aside, the fishal has us playing Cheltenham behind closed doors during the training camp, but the Rarely Wrong reckons we're playing Swindon. Maybe we're playing both.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The train fares will be expensive, so anyone going from the NW may want to look at flights to Exeter/Newquay, which may be bookable now.

Yeah planes can be handy.  I've done the other way in each of the last 3 years.  You're barely in the air for an hour and prices aren't too bad.  The journey from Exeter Airport to Plymouth might be a bit of a nuisance though, bus into the centre of town followed by a train from Exeter Central/St Davids to Plymouth is probably your best option.

On 21 June 2017 at 1:12 PM, rudemedic said:

Me, I'm going to be in the SW over Xmas, so I'm delighted it is then, couldn't have picked a better date.

when looking at flights to Exeter limited ones for around  £50 one way and all early morning 

6 hours ago, Forte_Baby said:

when looking at flights to Exeter limited ones for around  £50 one way and all early morning 

There's one about Noon, that would get to Exeter about 1, it would be possible to get to the game on time on that flight if everything worked out I'd guess. The train is over 5 hours so the early morning is likely to be needed anyway.

Returning the same day by plane wouldn't be possible though. It is by train but requires catching a train not long after 5pm