Further transfer business before the deadline....

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Training ground & match day under pressure are totally different it will take a little time , Shez knows he needs more creativity in midfield i am sure that is what he is looking for hopefully he can unearth a gem from somewhere,

There was a gem today who played for Oxford in Payne.

Pity we couldn't gave got him on loan from Huddersfield.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there today but based on what I saw last season, we're always going to struggle to boss games with our centre midfielders. Can't understand what a midfielder of Shez's quality and experience as a manager, sees in Banks, Flynn & (to a lesser extent) Green - they don't offer creativity, goals or even get stuck in. Fane does a job at least but oh for the days of Milligan & Henry!!

Think/hope the strikers will score with service but it won't come from Banks/Fane/Flynn/Green... with the squad we've got, we'd be more of a threat & better to watch playing 4-4-2 with wingers - McLaughlin & Tope - Fane & one more (Fawns or Gardner?) in the middle, & Dummigan & Hunt at full-back. As for transfers, need to get rid of the passengers and take a punt on Baxter, surely...

38 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Banks gets a lot of grief, but thought Green was absolutely awful today. For an experienced, ex-international, he's got to do a lot more. 

Banks was in his natural position. Green wasn't. And I'd still rather have kept green on over banks 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Banks was in his natural position. Green wasn't. And I'd still rather have kept green on over banks 

Was suprised that wasn't the change... Banks off and green into the middle. I cannot for the life of me see what anybody sees in him. Flynn was even more anonymous when he came on

We have two lads on trial who offer us pace and width - surely one or both are worth a contract, even on short terms.

I'm not sure what this obsession is with packing the centre of midfield and playing (or trying to play) through the middle of the park, especially when our only tactic appears to be lumping the ball up to the top two and completely bypassing the midfield.

Green gets dragged onto the right touchline and offers nothing; McLaughlin gets dragged onto the left touchline and is wasted.

In the second half, Holloway was picking the ball up from a right midfield position and playing balls into the box for Davies and Duffus. If we're playing two up top, Holloway needs to be in the penalty box. We need two wingers who can deliver a half decent cross to allow our two strikers to attack the ball.

Tried and tested 4-4-2, please Shez, with wingbacks and wingers. One central midfielder who isn't scared of a tackle alongside a ball playing midfielder or a midfielder not shy of driving the ball forward.

Edited by pinevillawill

8 minutes ago, pinevillawill said:

We have two lads on trial who offer us pace and width - surely one or both are worth a contract, even on short terms.

I'm not sure what this obsession is with packing the centre of midfield and playing (or trying to play) through the middle of the park, especially when our only tactic appears to be lumping the ball up to the top two and completely bypassing the midfield.

Green gets dragged onto the right touchline and offers nothing; McLaughlin gets dragged onto the left touchline and is wasted.

In the second half, Holloway was picking the ball up from a right midfield position and playing balls into the box for Davies and Duffus. If we're playing two up top, Holloway needs to be in the penalty box. We need two wingers who can deliver a half decent cross to allow our two strikers to attack the ball.

Tried and tested 4-4-2, please Shez, with wingbacks and wingers. One central midfielder who isn't scared of a tackle alongside a ball playing midfielder or a midfielder not shy of driving the ball forward.

I agree totally.I'm  tired  of  cramming midfield with no end product.Our forwards are not being used.

1 hour ago, Magister said:

Have we found a money tree too then?

Shez wants a centre mid and a keeper, we have 2 wingers on trial presume one will sign. Striker thing was from what he said in the interview. So not unrealistic amount of players. 

1 hour ago, Magister said:

Have we found a money tree too then?

Think yesterday's bumper attendance will be above what we budgeted for. Can see us being able to bring in a couple of signings, probably on loan, even without the bonus windfall from yesterday.

If we beat Burton in the cup, that will be a bit more on top.

58 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think yesterday's bumper attendance will be above what we budgeted for. Can see us being able to bring in a couple of signings, probably on loan, even without the bonus windfall from yesterday.

If we beat Burton in the cup, that will be a bit more on top.

Bumper attendance? 3700 home fans for first home game will be less than expected

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

Bumper attendance? 3700 home fans for first home game will be less than expected

Yeah but an attendance of 4874 will be bigger than expected. Furthermore a lot of the home attendees will be ST holders, who may already have had their contribution spent.

4 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

If corney was there he may feel he has to find it from somewhere as that was a terrible perfect 

SC was in OEC with a player's agent and also had an amicable chat with Mike Keegan!

Mark Moisley spoke before game - missed most of it but said 2 signings close.