Burton - League Cup

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Middle of the park. We couldn't stop Payne, and we couldn't get anything through it.

I agree. 

Letting them stroll through us like that also made it more difficult for Clarke & Gerrard as they'd built up a load of momentum by the time they reached the edge of the box. "Dogs on lino" as Royle used to say. 

Needs to stick with Saturdays front two....need to get a partnership going and changing it every other week is not going to help. 

After pre season he's decided on his front two so stick with it for now......it's the midfield and supply line that needs sorting!

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I agree. 

Letting them stroll through us like that also made it more difficult for Clarke & Gerrard as they'd built up a load of momentum by the time they reached the edge of the box. "Dogs on lino" as Royle used to say. 

And yet most people had Fane as MOM :blink:

17 minutes ago, youngen said:

And yet most people had Fane as MOM :blink:

The fact they strolled through the middle of our midfield and the base of our diamond (Banks) was often elsewhere suggests Fane wasn't really to blame for our deficiencies in midfield.

Fane was the only one of the 4 in midfield that would have been rated 7 out of 10, he was (trying to) play against a midfield 5 of Oxford on his own which you're then on a hiding to nothing. 

Thought Mclaughlin was decent in the Midfield on Saturday - Think I'm one of the only ones who didn't think Fane had a good game really bar the odd run or 2 in the second half which lead to nothing.

Banks was a shambles. Thrown Fawns in all day long for me.

And for the love of Christ get Banks off of Set pieces. 

Edited by aaronoafc

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I may not but my lads only there for the hot dogs so he will be happy regardless! I didn't go Saturday but by accounts I've read it couldn't be worse could it ?

Dunno, wasn't there... 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Against a side well-fancied to do well this season.

I remember LJ saying that when Leyton Orient dicked us early on one season before going into free fall and suffering successive relegations, we know as little about Oxfords chances as we do our own and even I can't see the point in judging us till after tomorrow night :chubb: