After Saturdays strange (in my eyes) team selection where those who showed potential to score goals in pre season were left on the bench I thought I'd have a look into the stats from last season for our current starters and it makes for worrying reading,

Holloway 2 goals from 25 starts, both for Fleetwood in the Cup, not scored in over 20 games.

Davies 0 goals from 20, granted 16 apperances were from the bench.

Fane 0 goals from 46, more red cards to his name.

Green 1 goal from 42, penalty against Posh.

Banks 3 goals from 44.

Mclaughlin 2 from 44.

My optimism for this season was based on players like Duffus, Obadayi and maybe even a rejuvenated Flynn serving up some real attacking intent with maybe a couple of other quality signings in support but the early signs are that we could well be in for more of what we witnessed at the start of last season, I hope im wrong but our six attacking players mustered up 8 goals from over 200 apperances last season, Clarke managed 6 from 53 on his own, Gerrard hasnt scored for years, Wilson scores one a season and I dont think Hunt is yet to register so as it stands this new lad has a huge job to get us ticking, lets hope we can get something going soon because these stats make for bad reading.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

After Saturdays strange (in my eyes) team selection where those who showed potential to score goals in pre season were left on the bench I thought I'd have a look into the stats from last season for our current starters and it makes for worrying reading,

Holloway 2 goals from 25 starts, both for Fleetwood in the Cup, not scored in over 20 games.

Davies 0 goals from 20, granted 16 apperances were from the bench.

Fane 0 goals from 46, more red cards to his name.

Green 1 goal from 42, penalty against Posh.

Banks 3 goals from 44.

Mclaughlin 2 from 44.

My optimism for this season was based on players like Duffus, Obadayi and maybe even a rejuvenated Flynn serving up some real attacking intent with maybe a couple of other quality signings in support but the early signs are that we could well be in for more of what we witnessed at the start of last season, I hope im wrong but our six attacking players mustered up 8 goals from over 200 apperances last season, Clarke managed 6 from 53 on his own, Gerrard hasnt scored for years, Wilson scores one a season and I dont think Hunt is yet to register so as it stands this new lad has a huge job to get us ticking, lets hope we can get something going soon because these stats make for bad reading.

If Sheridan has any sense, and I'm sure he does, Green and Banks won't be regulars this season.  Davies' stats are meaningless and we should judge his return when he's played a reasonable number of games for us.  No doubt Holloway is disappointed not to have registered a few more goals but I still rate him as a player.

Does it fuck stop talking bollox. As  Burton have just been beat by Cardiff should they not bother playing the reverse fixture ? Anyone who Burton do now beat makes it no point in Cardiff playing them then , so just award the 3 points. 

Stop looking for negatives in every single way possible and stop talking fucking nonsense you people ( not completely aimed just at u Worcester)

40 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Does it fuck stop talking bollox. As  Burton have just been beat by Cardiff should they not bother playing the reverse fixture ? Anyone who Burton do now beat makes it no point in Cardiff playing them then , so just award the 3 points. 

Stop looking for negatives in every single way possible and stop talking fucking nonsense you people ( not completely aimed just at u Worcester)

I'm all for positive thinking.

No worries then that a League Two team which just avoided relegation last season put four past a team who we failed to score against four days earlier. That's absolutely fine, I'll relax. 45 games still to go.

Its not negative to be a little worried and the stats back that up, as it stands our midfield and forwards just dont bag enough particularly our forwards, surely we need a Duffus or an Obadayi to hit the ground running as they look to me like the only players with the potential to be the 15/20+ striker we need, also Fawns can't be far off that midfield from what we've seen of those selected ahead of him, it really is painful to watch Banks and Green be rolled over week in week out putting up little fight.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Its not negative to be a little worried and the stats back that up, as it stands our midfield and forwards just dont bag enough particularly our forwards, surely we need a Duffus or an Obadayi to hit the ground running as they look to me like the only players with the potential to be the 15/20+ striker we need, also Fawns can't be far off that midfield from what we've seen of those selected ahead of him, it really is painful to watch Banks and Green be rolled over week in week out putting up little fight.

It's just too bloody early. If we score 2 or more tonight and win then will  the same people be booking Wembley tickets ? We've lost ONE game not ten on the bounce ? 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It's just too bloody early. If we score 2 or more tonight and win then will  the same people be booking Wembley tickets ? We've lost ONE game not ten on the bounce ? 

He's simply pointing out a glaring issue within our side, the said issue is the lack of goals. He's not having a go or claiming we're going down. I think you've been radicalised by McFluff a bit too far 

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

Nobody appreciated my, "He's a famous women's prison and his name is Holloway," song idea when he signed so I'm not joining in.

His name isn't Holloway, it's Amadi-Holloway. 

I found Holloway a constant fruatration. A handful in very few patches but on the whole nowhere near aggressive enough. With his goal record he has to be an ox all game.

Despite all this he actually had 2 good efforts.

Edited by welshgaz

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It would help if he was played in the right position and not given instructions to do other things. 

You may know more about him and the nuances of his game than I do, but fuck me he was dreadful!

Fair play to him. He's come out and tweeted of his disappointment for his performance. Looks like he has the right attitude.

Edited by NewBlue