Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll admit tho that something doesn’t feel right at the moment. Shezs last two post match interviews have been quite surreal just 2 games into a season. He’s looked very uncomfortable...more than you’d expect him to be right now. If someone more reliable started hinting of Shez moving on, I’d give it more concern but that account looks phoney to me. 

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wouldn't surprise me, not convinced he's the one making the signings.

Can't imagine he was the one who signed a player he had on loan last season and a striker who had played for him twice before or a midfielder he had tried to sign previously at a couple of clubs

Sheridan can't seem to find the magic to create a team from the start. He seems to be very adept at turning a flailing team around when there is very little pressure on himself, of course - in those situations he has nothing to lose. However in contrast, he doesn't do so well under pressure when the responsibility is his.

Has to be bollocks surely? I can't see a manager who battled to keep us up last season who had some great results on that run with a couple of additions and hard work, being told he has no future here.

We've heard nothing but whispers of a take over but nothing concrete has ever come from it. Shez' post match interview style has always sounded downbeat even when we've won so I wouldn't read too much into that. I'd also say he's probably pissed off that he knows what the team needs to be a good side but hasn't yet managed to bring in the right players for those roles. 

I just can't see this being true. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sheridan can't seem to find the magic to create a team from the start. He seems to be very adept at turning a flailing team around when there is very little pressure on himself, of course - in those situations he has nothing to lose. However in contrast, he doesn't do so well under pressure when the responsibility is his.

The thing is he's not fully starting from fresh here is he? He still has a strong core of his best players from last year barring a GK. He's brought in similar players already that he usually signs when the panic button has been pressed because we were struggling. We've played two decent sides. We just haven't properly kicked on yet IMHO.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Going off TWO games one against championship team ? 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Exactly a point I was just about to make. If we were 10-15 games in then yes I admit I may accept your train of thought, Matt. But certainly not after two games and certainly not before the window has closed. 

Edited by ChrisRichard
Typo

He looks frustrated some players are not producìng their best, also some don't appear to run want to run off the ball - a feature we saw from the Oxford and Burton teams.

Despite the much heralded fitness regime there's lack of sharpness in the side IMO.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't imagine he was the one who signed a player he had on loan last season and a striker who had played for him twice before or a midfielder he had tried to sign previously at a couple of clubs

Davies and Gardner happened pretty early, things went quiet for a while after that.

30 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I really don't want people to choke on their breakfast :grin:

I did say I was comparing to the mop up job last season. I just get the feeling that's his forte, and he's very good at it too.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He looks frustrated some players are not producìng their best, also some don't appear to run want to run off the ball - a feature we saw from the Oxford and Burton teams.

Despite the much heralded fitness regime there's lack of sharpness in the side IMO.

I think frustrated is just the demeanour he rocks to be honest. If we won the league I wouldn't expect Shez to be beaming. I genuinely believe he has a love for our club with which he has such a long affiliation with. It's a no win situation with some, if he came out all upbeat after these defeats he would be accused of not caring enough I suspect 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really don't want people to choke on their breakfast :grin:

I did say I was comparing to the mop up job last season. I just get the feeling that's his forte, and he's very good at it too.

I see your point. I see it as a continuing mop up job though. 

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I think frustrated is just the demeanour he rocks to be honest. If we won the league I wouldn't expect Shez to be beaming. I genuinely believe he has a love for our club with which he has such a long affiliation with. It's a no win situation with some, if he came out all upbeat after these defeats he would be accused of not caring enough I suspect 

Although he did beam about the performances of his younger players  in the 2nd half against  Manchester United.

My guess is he's frustrated with some senior players he expects better from.