Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, deyres42 said:

Well I'd say Hunt fell into our lap somewhat.

The winger just smacks of us doing an agent a favour.

And the keeper we were just scrambling around for one that was available.

Just making it up then. Long as we know.

Strange for Shez to look under pressure so soon into the campaign. However, another passionate interview.

5 or 6 more though? Complacancy on his part if he needs that many.

Interview seems to suggest that Dummigan, Banks and possibly Fane are the ones he's talking about. Not enough heart in the team.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fckin hell he went on like an old OWTB stalwart with that rather cuttng interview, its got to be said though because the ruts just getting deeper.

This is what I meant with his demeanor being concerning, he's not going to get '5 or 6 players' from SC now unless the same number go, so what does he do?

Edited by BP1960

I kind of like it when a manager gives an honest interview and slates his team.

But this is the interview of a manager of a team who are winless in 9 and rock bottom of the table, expecting to be fired after every defeat.

Strange, but anyway I'm glad he realises our squad is shit.

Holloway - Doesn't score, massively overrated. 

Davies - Never has been, his biggest attribute was pace and apparently that's gone

Banks - Fairy, one or two good passes and he thinks he's Beckham

Flynn - I can't defend him anymore, there's quality there but shows next to no desire

Fane - He's an awful footballer really, he has next to no technique and he's a liability in possession. He can break up play, but he's not hard to figure out and more and more teams will be aware of how to play against him this season

Like I said earlier......an unhappy ending looms. To be singling out players this early and saying we need 5 or 6 replacements is panic stations. He's never been good with the media but that interview on GMR was shocking, he cannot put into words what he really wants to say.

Shez off for the 5th time would not be a surprise!!

He looks rattled in that interview after 3 games is worrying but it's needed, he's obviously finding it hard to bring in the right players, Banks Fane Flynn are all Robinsons signings that we need to replace we basically need new midfield players is what he's saying, he said the exact same about 5-6 players when on the losing run at Notts County, Gardener to come in after today, not impressed with Dummigan at all and he has every right to be, hasent looked interested at all so far needs a kick up the arse that lad, hopefully Corney can find the funds to bring in 2 new CMs, a defensive tough player (John Welsh) and a creative player is what's needed plus another keeper, Shez just being Shez which is honest !

Edited by Markspark92

Shez has  built a good part of his tactics on getting the ball up to Davies and Holloway quickly and it is failing miserably. They don't win headers,hold the ball up or have any connectivity between themselves. To make matters worse they are isolated,the midfield never get close to them or give them any runners to flick on to.

At the other end Clarke and Gerrard are increasingly immobile.

Seen 4 games so far and can count on the fingers of 1 hand the number of real saves that opposition goalkeepers have had to make.

Although we played OK in the first half today,lets face it we nicked a goal,but still weren't creating enough clear cut chances. To give ourselves some daylight.

I know it's early days,but feels like a groundhog season already.

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Like I said earlier......an unhappy ending looms. To be singling out players this early and saying we need 5 or 6 replacements is panic stations. He's never been good with the media but that interview on GMR was shocking, he cannot put into words what he really wants to say.

Shez off for the 5th time would not be a surprise!!

Its painful to see these interviews, he's at the end of his tether with his current squad.

However, we have seen before an injection of 3 or so enthusiastic players (remember the young Kllkenny, Hughes and Croft) can soon turn things round, and this is what I'm hoping will happen..

Edited by BP1960