Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Shez: 'I don't know what's going on with transfers, i'm just trying to get players fit. Everyone know's what my thoughts are, hopefully get a few back fit for Saturday.

Sounds ominous 

That's open to interpretation isn't it....the first line a way...sure I picked up somewhere poss facebook that tommy wright may have backed this up too. Is it a case that there are other prioritise and he hasn't been given any progress on possible movers and those he wants to bring in?

we we will know more after tomorrow of where we are up to

48 minutes ago, singe said:

My bit of speculation.

In the past, various snippets would emerge but a few red herrings too.

Invariably someone would piece it all together eventually.

That hasn't happened this time, and also about signigns till late in the day lately

The comon denmoinator. The absence of the mischevious, careful and astute not to reveal all, Gordon Lawton.

Possibly.

And no aspections cast at all, not negative or whistelblowing way, nothing but respect and admiration for him.

I think you might be right. I thought something similar.

I was thinking yesteday how unusual it was for Mike Keegan to be silent on a Latics crisis. Despite moving on to cover the PL, he always seemed to be able to offer fresh insight on what was really going on at the club when a new crisis emerged.

Then, after a  week of silence, he provides an update which is basically a summary of the view presented in the Corney interview vs the view presented in Alan Nixon's tweets. Nothing that isn't already in the public domain.

And then it struck me that it his source of information is probably no longer on the scene at BP ... and it was probably Gordon.

11 minutes ago, bozman said:

I think you might be right. I thought something similar.

I was thinking yesteday how unusual it was for Mike Keegan to be silent on a Latics crisis. Despite moving on to cover the PL, he always seemed to be able to offer fresh insight on what was really going on at the club when a new crisis emerged.

Then, after a  week of silence, he provides an update which is basically a summary of the view presented in the Corney interview vs the view presented in Alan Nixon's tweets. Nothing that isn't already in the public domain.

And then it struck me that it his source of information is probably no longer on the scene at BP ... and it was probably Gordon.

indeed.

I must stress, with Gordon I meant that he always had Latics best interest at heart. and never anything that would harm the club/staff,

3 minutes ago, singe said:

indeed.

I must stress, with Gordon I meant that he always had Latics best interest at heart. and never anything that would harm the club/staff,

Absolutely, including the fans. Looking back, he probably made sure we got to know about things he felt we should know about, that might otherwise not have been the case.

Probably on wrong thread but Palace are letting Hiram Boateng (midfielder) leave on a free but with a sell on clause. We have offered him something following being on trial but Barnet and Port Vale also have offered him deals too.

I have no doubt he'll subsequently end up at Barnet or Port Vale :lol:

Time will tell!

Just want to point out that Gordy was many (brilliant) things but a mole was not one of them. The issue for me is that, after getting away with it for years, I'm no longer able to justify spending any amount of time on Latics to the powers-that-be unless it's a huge story. Even then it would probably be a push. Some may say that's not a bad thing. Duly noted on perspective/prospective (!) btw, poor from me.

34 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Just want to point out that Gordy was many (brilliant) things but a mole was not one of them. The issue for me is that, after getting away with it for years, I'm no longer able to justify spending any amount of time on Latics to the powers-that-be unless it's a huge story. Even then it would probably be a push. Some may say that's not a bad thing. Duly noted on perspective/prospective (!) btw, poor from me.

Hi Mike,

I  appreciate you have been categoric on Gordy and his honour should remain intact. A fantastic thing to do on your part, espcially as it would be customary not to comment.

EDIT it looked like I  might have been criticising you Mike, not at all.

I apologise if the impression I gave was of sullying of his memory and  I want to emphasise a mole is about as polar opposite of what I was suggesting.

Line drawn, and your clarification is a great gesture.

10 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

What happened to the Brassbank story/expose you threatened over Twitter to publish Mike....? Does this fall under the category of not worthy enough for the Nationals, or is it too similar to Ian Herbert's story in the Indy?

22 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Echo what Singe said. Apologies for hypothesising otherwise.

9 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

I seem to remember them not being happy with us during the Evans saga.

Rings a bell, sure i heard/read they wanted all signs of involvement removed, 20 months later and the sign of sponsorship you can see from an aeroplane is still there

Archived