Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Mohamed Maouche, former Tours player, has signed for Oldham Athletic. Free transfer, he has signed a two year deal.

Read it as will sign, rather than has signed - but I did fail my French 'O' Level!

I have never heard of or seen this fella play if his signing is true, but IF this 'takeover' happens and this is the kind of calibre/quality of player we are getting in/lumbered with, can we put all the playershare money on us getting relegated at 8/15 on bet365 and just get a OWTB members piss up sorted for when we're mathematically relegated

1 minute ago, OL9erlatic said:

I have never heard of or seen this fella play if his signing is true, but IF this 'takeover' happens and this is the kind of calibre/quality of player we are getting in/lumbered with, can we put all the playershare money on us getting relegated at 8/15 on bet365 and just get a OWTB members piss up sorted for when we're mathematically relegated

I'm sure the current team will get us relegated quicker

1 minute ago, OL9erlatic said:

What the holy fuck are u on about mate ? You've never heard of him never seen him play but you've decided he's crap ? Get a grip man. 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Takerover load of new foreign players! Sounds like heaven, I'll take that over this slow painful death. Let's enjoy the ride and hope for the best!

Is Shez multi lingual?

Our place will be like Football Manager when you play as Oldham, have fook all cash to spend so trawl the continental leagues for freebies.  

All those fancy unpronounceable names in the side yet you still don't score but concede two or three goals a game.

I take it Roy's giving up the commentary?

5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Our place will be like Football Manager when you play as Oldham, have fook all cash to spend so trawl the continental leagues for freebies.  

All those fancy unpronounceable names in the side yet you still don't score but concede two or three goals a game.

I take it Roy's giving up the commentary?

For French ifollow listeners I understand Roy is learning to translate  "He was never offside in a million years".

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What the holy fuck are u on about mate ? You've never heard of him never seen him play but you've decided he's crap ? Get a grip man. 

He's 24 years old played roughly 70 odd games in Frances 2nd/3rd divisions and is currently without a club....think it's okay for me to have reservations about him and whether he's up to the battle of playing in League 1 in England with a bunch of toss players.

Dont know you and you may be a glass half full kind of guy bt my glass has been overflowing for too long with this shower and signing (if true) a load of unattached foreigners, in my eyes has Leyton Orient written all over it 

Just now, OL9erlatic said:

He's 24 years old played roughly 70 odd games in Frances 2nd/3rd divisions and is currently without a club....think it's okay for me to have reservations about him and whether he's up to the battle of playing in League 1 in England with a bunch of toss players.

Dont know you and you may be a glass half full kind of guy bt my glass has been overflowing for too long with this shower and signing (if true) a load of unattached foreigners, in my eyes has Leyton Orient written all over it 

Watch some videos of him on google...looks like banks but maybe a touch better.

6 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

I'm glass half full and he looks a fucking shocking signing :lol:

If it's true I'll be ecstatic if I'm proven wrong....

25 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Nah - have it on us to finish top 6 at 50's :chubb:

3 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Just had a quick gander, looks like Klok but actually near someone when he tackles ill giv him that, make a 7 minute video of me and i could look like Pirlo/Kante/Scholes rolled into one.

If he turns out a gooden, ill hold my hands up and donate £50 to playershare and a public apology to the lad but i wont be holding my breath or rushing to the cash machine as i feel now 

9 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

I have a video of my 3 year old daughter in the garden where she looks better than Banks at football. She takes it forward, there's a light breeze and she manages to stay on her feet and she bags

4 hours ago, RoytonLatics said:

I seem to remember them not being happy with us during the Evans saga.

4 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

Who was?

But it was the bloke (Leesfield?) who advertised on RRE that threw his dummy out.

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nah not leesfield it was verlin

Just to reiterate Zen Office wanting nothing to do with the club currently is nothing to do with Evans. IIRC They released a statement about not being happy with his signing but was a bit delayed so by the time it had gotten much further the deal was off, and so was the hubbub.

It's a money issue, hence £

Archived