Ex players and that

On 3/1/2023 at 6:10 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

Micah Richards left City on a free. We'd have got nowt...

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Apart from a cut of the £3.5 million loan fee? Which City got when he joined Fiorentina.

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The clause doesn't cover loan fees...

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Did you see the contract when he signed it?

"Simon Corney says he is “gutted” that Athletic has missed a payday from the transfer of Micah Richards - having turned down cash from Manchester City two and a half years ago. The right-back has finalised terms on a season-long loan to Serie ‘A’ side Fiorentina. Richards (26) departs for a £3.5million loan fee. But Athletic will see nothing . . . "

www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk

On 3/21/2023 at 1:52 AM, Summerdeep said:

Maurice Whittle, aged about 15, pictured in a Wigan schoolboys team (front row, in the middle).

https://www.wiganworld.co.uk/album/photo.php?opt=7&id=30528&gallery=Wigan+Schoolboys+FC&offset=0

Back left is Bill Ashurst, one of the best rugby league forwards of his generation. Wigan and Great Britain and a stint in Australia

On 3/26/2023 at 1:55 PM, Punce said:

I can see Maurice Whittle now knocking in the penalty at the Chaddy End -  to beat the red Manchester team 1 - nowt, in the second division.  1974.

Still have the ticket stub in a glass frame 😛

I remember that game well, about the only time I went in the Ford stand. Bad memories of the return at Old Trafford though where United cheated their way to a 3-2 win.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I remember that game well, about the only time I went in the Ford stand. Bad memories of the return at Old Trafford though where United cheated their way to a 3-2 win.

I won't forget how outraged Macari was on the radio about Thierry Henry's handball against Ireland. Shame he's such a spectacularly good bloke!

On 3/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, LaticMark said:

"Simon Corney says he is “gutted” that Athletic has missed a payday from the transfer of Micah Richards - having turned down cash from Manchester City two and a half years ago. The right-back has finalised terms on a season-long loan to Serie ‘A’ side Fiorentina. Richards (26) departs for a £3.5million loan fee. But Athletic will see nothing . . . "

www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk

Simon Corney has never turned down cash for nothing in his life. If he told me today was Wednesday I'd check my calendar.

He either sold the sell-on, then when City got money for Richards via a loan fee he said we weren't due anything. Or we could have perhaps got something because the contract wasn't specific enough but he didn't fancy his lawyers against a future member of the House of Lords. The stench probably also was involved in that decision but as he can't tell one Paul Whitehead from another we know how reliable he is.

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Simon Corney has never turned down cash for nothing in his life. If he told me today was Wednesday I'd check my calendar.

He either sold the sell-on, then when City got money for Richards via a loan fee he said we weren't due anything. Or we could have perhaps got something because the contract wasn't specific enough but he didn't fancy his lawyers against a future member of the House of Lords. The stench probably also was involved in that decision but as he can't tell one Paul Whitehead from another we know how reliable he is.

No sell on for loan fees

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No sell on for loan fees

Of course as a loan isn't a sale. But if the contract says "a % of the transfer profits" then that is a different matter. 

The wording of the contract is always key.

• Like 1