Ex players and that

Going back to the "ex-players and that" thread title...

I saw Richie Wellens this afternoon, driving a rather fancy looking black Porsche along Birch Road in Walkden. Its registration number was WE11 ENS, which probably cost more than my house.

Donny are obviously paying him far too much ha ha.

On the Sky live match, Robbie Simpson,holding midfielder for Cambridge United, very impressive, now why didn't PD think of that?

Incidentally, I think LJ should take a look at the Cambridge striker Kwesi Appiah on loan from Crystal Palace when his loan is up in January.

Bradford aren't a good team, they won't be up there. Their best player Adam Reach was on loan from Middlesboro and is in their XI every week.

Barnsley were poor against us but they did look a bit more dangerous when they brought Cole on. No surprises that he ran Bradford ragged today

Reuben Reid arrested after brawl outside Plymouth nightclub

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Striker-Reuben-Reid-arrested-hours-scoring-winner/story-23121735-detail/story.html

You would jhave thought he would have celebrated scoring the winner against Tranmere at Nando's ( it must have been shut)

Except we wouldn't Bradford's 5 wins to our 4 would keep them 7th.

Didn't think that would be relevant. Thought after goals scored it depends on head to head record to determine ordering.

As we haven't played them in the league yet, then the next step would be a play-off. As we have already played this game under the guise of a JPT game, I'm submitting that we're 7th. That puts us in a position of not only flirting with the play-offs but we've checked our hair and bought them a drink.

Mellor had a good 70 odd minutes before being subbed for Alfreton against Torquay. Booked in the first half though for a typical scything tackle. Entertaining game on BT sport. That game was followed by Seattle V Vancouver. Was hoping to catch Kenny Cooper but he didnt play.

The pitch in Seattle was dreadful. The highlight of the game which Vancouver won 1-0 were the fans. A small section were singing " Can you here the Whitecaps sing?" etc. When it came to the end bit , a packed stadium sang as one "WE CANT HEAR A :censored:ING THING" . It went on for ever. America gone ferral!

Edited by L1onheartNew

Didn't think that would be relevant. Thought after goals scored it depends on head to head record to determine ordering.

As we haven't played them in the league yet, then the next step would be a play-off. As we have already played this game under the guise of a JPT game, I'm submitting that we're 7th. That puts us in a position of not only flirting with the play-offs but we've checked our hair and bought them a drink.

On the back of that I've just booked my hotel at Wembley

A Play-off only applies if the positional difference decides a key issue (promotion/relegation/play-offs), as it doesn't apply therefore it goes to wins etc.

As we are only 3 goals from the play-offs we're already past the opening line stage of flirting anyway. :grin:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section3.aspx

9 Method of Determining League Positions

9.1 At the end of each Season the Club in each Division scoring the highest number of points shall be declared the Champion Club of that Division. Three points shall be awarded for each League Match won. One point will be awarded to each Club for a drawn match. If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground. The net gate money after deducting the usual match expenses shall be equally divided between the two competing Clubs. Any Club staging such a play off match shall be entitled to charge as an expense against the receipts of the match 10% of the gross gate receipts after deduction of Value Added Tax. In the event of such a match being arranged by the Board to be played on the ground of a Club which is not a member of The League, then a similar charge as an expense against the receipts of the match shall be paid by The League who shall otherwise be responsible for the financial arrangements made with the Club staging the match. These provisions shall determine the ranking of Clubs in their respective Divisions.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section3.aspx#GyjYEOKtPkOdKivU.99

In this case, as we beat them in the JPT, I rule that as the decider so we're now above them.

Edited by opinions4u

A Play-off only applies if the positional difference decides a key issue (promotion/relegation/play-offs), as it doesn't apply therefore it goes to wins etc.

As we are only 3 goals from the play-offs we're already past the opening line stage of flirting anyway. :grin:

We just 'titted up' Chesterfield