Ex players and that

Ex Latics youth team player (released at 16), Will Buckley signs for Sunderland...

didn't he join rochdale from boundary park juniors? he presented trophies at one our presentation nights and never mentioned oldham, then again why would he if we released him

we have done this too many times now ffs!

Erm, not that many?

He obviously wasnt that good at 15/16 for us. It happens.

He got better as he grew up, and whilst Watford obviously saw something in him, he was still very much a big work in progress wihilst at 'Dale.

Players improve though.

He's actually come on leaps & bounds though playing the Championship - first Watford and then Brighton have done really well in developing him, but Buckley himself has clearly put in the hours training.

From the games i saw him play last season, his style of play should lend itself to the Premiership. I think he'll do well; especially as his manager already knows all about him & how to play to his strengths.

we have done this too many times now ffs!

For all we know he could have been released because he had a bad attitude as a teenager, but had potential. As he grew older he sorted that side out and worked hard on his game.

As it is I think our youth system works well; we get a decent amount making it to first team level. We just have a bit of a problem of selling as soon as we get the first bid rather than playing a bit harder in negotiations.

For all we know he could have been released because he had a bad attitude as a teenager, but had potential. As he grew older he sorted that side out and worked hard on his game.

As it is I think our youth system works well; we get a decent amount making it to first team level. We just have a bit of a problem of selling as soon as we get the first bid rather than playing a bit harder in negotiations.

Negotiation is one of the issues but also we need to look whether we can develop players further before selling them. This us the only way we'll ever get a fee north of £500k for anyone and, arguably, the only way we're likely to be fighting it out in the top half of the table.