Ex players and that

On 5/21/2024 at 9:31 AM, Hemel latic said:

I would take him over Mellon in a heartbeat.

You’d take someone who has a few top 10 finishes over someone with 5 promotions? C’mon Mellon has hardly impressed but apart from wild having a link here there’s not too much going for him over Mellon when u line them up vs each other 

On 5/22/2024 at 8:50 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Fair question, he's the one "young and progressive" manager that I'd trust to do right by the club in the longer term.  Whether that's by being here long term to gain success or by being here medium term and setting the right things in motion from first team to youth team (he'll understand both set up's here) for the next manager to continue with.  While he doesn't have a trophy or promotion in his managerial career yet, he's overachieved in the jobs he's been in.

All of which is probably irrelevant as he'd probably go to a high League Two or any League One club after leaving Barrow, but he's the one manager who the club should push the boat out for if the chance arises.

Sorry totally disagree. Too much emotion with the latics link in many people’s backing of him. We don’t want someone who has overachieved to finish 9th. We need someone who can get promotion. Let’s not forget Mellon has a v v impressive cv

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Sorry totally disagree. Too much emotion with the latics link in many people’s backing of him. We don’t want someone who has overachieved to finish 9th. We need someone who can get promotion. Let’s not forget Mellon has a v v impressive cv

Fair comment.

For where we are right at this moment, I'd happily stick with Mellon compared to twisting with Wild as I think the probability of Mellon sorting us out next season and getting another promotion is higher than Wild doing it.  If Mellon were to bomb this season though, Wild would be my choice.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 7:50 PM, Careca9 said:

You’d take someone who has a few top 10 finishes over someone with 5 promotions? C’mon Mellon has hardly impressed but apart from wild having a link here there’s not too much going for him over Mellon when u line them up vs each other 

I find it difficult to understand why a club like Barrow would part ways with someone who's got them further than they've ever been in their entire existence 

It's not as if they're going to find anybody better and I'll bet they'll be returning to non league where they truly belong.

Curle favourite to get the job, that rubber stamps it.

21 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I find it difficult to understand why a club like Barrow would part ways with someone who's got them further than they've ever been in their entire existence 

It's not as if they're going to find anybody better and I'll bet they'll be returning to non league where they truly belong.

Well we know where Hope will end up don’t we?

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Apart from the three seasons they spent in Division 3 in the late 60s 🙄

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Apart from the three seasons they spent in Division 3 in the late 60s 🙄

He did get them further than they've ever been in their entire existence 

Weren't they 4th at one stage and in the top 6 for a good time?

There's never been a time where there's even been a remote chance of Barrow playing in League one until Wild got them challenging and I'd wager that it won't happen again in my lifetime 

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missing word

27 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

There's never been a time where there's even been a remote chance of Barrow playing in League one until Wild got them challenging and I'd wager that it won't happen again in my lifetime 

Their highest ever finishing league position was 8th in the third tier

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Just as well then that there was a time when League One was known as Division 3 and that Barrow spent three seasons in it in the late 60s. Are you one of those who thinks football didn’t exist before the Premier League began?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Just as well then that there was a time when League One was known as Division 3 and that Barrow spent three seasons in it in the late 60s. Are you one of those who thinks football didn’t exist before the Premier League began?

No, because I began watching football in real life in 1968

32 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

No, because I began watching football in real life in 1968

Which was the year when Barrow recorded their highest league finish 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Oscar Threlkeld signed for Torquay. Can anyone remember him?I can't!

I remember him. On loan from Bradford. Midfielder. Dreadful. 

35 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Oscar Threlkeld signed for Torquay. Can anyone remember him?I can't!

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

I remember him. On loan from Bradford. Midfielder. Dreadful. 

Scored at home to Yeovil on 5 minutes, subbed off injured on 16 minutes…