Sheridan's future.

Interesting post match quote from Shez from Matt chambers' report:

“All over the pitch, we were second to the ball,” Sheridan said. “I am not going to blame the players.

READ

“I will take it on the chin. I pick the team and I have just been too loyal to them. At the moment they are not giving me anything back.

“I am the manager and I have to take it. Luckily we have got a game on Tuesday (against Peterborough) and if I am here, I will pick a team that will hopefully go and try to win the game. That is all I can do. We need to start winning, no matter what.
unnamed-3.jpg(Image: Alan Howarth)

“I am absolutely gutted for the supporters. Gutted, I am.

“They give me great support and I know they are right behind me. But they just can’t keep supporting me when we are giving them what we are giving them at the moment.

“I don’t want it to end up like that after what has happened. They respect me for who I am and as a player when I played for the club. They know my heart is there and I want to do really well for them. But I am just letting them down at the moment.”

Asked whether he was minded to carry on to turn fortunes around, Sheridan admitted he may well not have the luxury of choice now.

“I will think about it, but it may well not be in my hands. I will just see what is going to happen.”

Edited by stevesidg

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Judases, charlatans! IN SHEZ WE TRUST!!! Where would we be without him, not trying to get off the bottom! We would be in the league below already! Maybe even lower!Short memories! 

Is it okay for Shez to take us down then because he contributed in keeping us up twice? It's 4 points from 27 and whilst I think he deserves cutting some slack its dire.

Edited by yarddog73

I've not been this season but wouldn't like to see him go yet. I think he deserves a bit more time and we are still only 3 points off safety, but probably more importantly I've no confidence that we'll appoint anyone better, but rather probably someone abjectly worse (e.g. Tommy Wright as caretaker until this mess of an investment/buyout/fuck knows what is sorted out.) . 

So I'm not sure the grass is any greener on this one.

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Judases, charlatans! IN SHEZ WE TRUST!!! Where would we be without him, not trying to get off the bottom! We would be in the league below already! Maybe even lower!Short memories! 

In shez we trust? OK good one. He's done his bit for us, time for him to move on. His selection and tactics are so wrong and he refuses to change it. Only going one way with him in charge and that's down.

I still think it would be daft to get rid of him now. 

He's clearly gutted in his post match interviews and I'd still be more confident in him turning it around short term than anyone new. 

If a new man comes in with us bottom of the league he'll have ready made excuses and a few months to play with. Shez needs to sort it out starting Tuesday. And I think he can provided he ditches this 3 at the back.

His bizarre comments about Ruddy having done nothing wrong are worrying though. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We've had that for the last 20 years. I'd rather we tried something different.

As in a manager from abroad?  Split the difference, Palo Di Canio whats he at these days!!  I'm just unsure as to how a foreign manager would fair in league one with a struggling team.

13 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I've not been this season but wouldn't like to see him go yet. I think he deserves a bit more time and we are still only 3 points off safety, but probably more importantly I've no confidence that we'll appoint anyone better, but rather probably someone abjectly worse (e.g. Tommy Wright as caretaker until this mess of an investment/buyout/fuck knows what is sorted out.) . 

So I'm not sure the grass is any greener on this one.

Very fair point and probably the biggest reason why everyone's so desperate for Shez to turn this around.

Baffled at some of the pure anger at Shez on here, a guy who's represented us as a player and manager for about 400 games, performed miracles for the last two seasons, and was our last successul manager. 

The position we're in is abject, and today's result looks like downing tools. But of all people to get a little slack, isn't Shez the one? His decision making this season has seemed strange - the faff with the keepers, playing Gevaro as a defender etc, but performances had been better the last few weeks, and I felt we were turning a corner. Would rather we gave him one game too many rather than sack him. 

5 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Baffled at some of the pure anger at Shez on here, a guy who's represented us as a player and manager for about 400 games, performed miracles for the last two seasons, and was our last successul manager. 

The position we're in is abject, and today's result looks like downing tools. But of all people to get a little slack, isn't Shez the one? His decision making this season has seemed strange - the faff with the keepers, playing Gevaro as a defender etc, but performances had been better the last few weeks, and I felt we were turning a corner. Would rather we gave him one game too many rather than sack him. 

Problem is we turned a corner into a on coming bus it's shit and we can't say oh well never mind no one is replaceable icon or not!!

Think a lot of people, myself included wouldnt have minded if Shez resigned/was sacked due to his seemingly unwillingness to change team/tactics.  

With the post game interview i think Shez knows changes in set up are needed and by the sounds of it will be implemented on Tue.  Seems he persisted out of loyalty to players.   

35 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I still think it would be daft to get rid of him now. 

He's clearly gutted in his post match interviews and I'd still be more confident in him turning it around short term than anyone new. 

If a new man comes in with us bottom of the league he'll have ready made excuses and a few months to play with. Shez needs to sort it out starting Tuesday. And I think he can provided he ditches this 3 at the back.

Set the team up as he did between Jan-May 2016 and Jan-May 2017 then.... the nonsense he's serving up now suggests he's forcing the owner(s)? to pay him off.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I worry that it's true that we have to play him or pay him and that the comments are after trying to keep his head up. Might turn out to be OK in a few years but isn't ready for League One yet.

Just now, Twisbrogan said:

I worry that it's true that we have to play him or pay him and that the comments are after trying to keep his head up. Might turn out to be OK in a few years but isn't ready for League One yet.

His shot stopping can be good, sometimes spectacular, but he's totally lacking in the basics.

I think you were a few rows behind me today, meant to say hello but forgot.

9 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I don't get why people want Sheridan out. We've been unlucky so far.

Even today wasn't a 5-1.

Sheridan will turn it around, I guarentee it. Another manager might not.

Give over Timmy lad. It's his tactics and selection, not the fact we've been unlucky. He's got to go. I'd rather start fresh with new investment

1 minute ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Give over Timmy lad. It's his tactics and selection, not the fact we've been unlucky. He's got to go. I'd rather start fresh with new investment

We've played Rotherham who will be top 6 this season. I'm expecting to lose on Tuesday and Saturday as they're two tough games. I'd still keep Shez over some random.

13 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

We've played Rotherham who will be top 6 this season. I'm expecting to lose on Tuesday and Saturday as they're two tough games. I'd still keep Shez over some random.

It seems to me every team  we have played somebody says are "top 6" I don't think Charlton have won since they played us? Oxford have not won 6 out the 8 since they have played us, Fleetwood have got battered in both games since playing us. Wigan's away record isn't great etc....they are all in our league and to start giving them Barcelona type status is just a coping strategy to deny our poor quality

however on the plus side I went Rochdale today....Gillingham are truly awful...we just need to find 3 others to finish below us now

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Do we forget his statement said to the fans after Bristol "forget the shit we willl be alright" not the words of a man looking for the sack! We ride the storm # in shez we trust! He will sort it. We're 3 points from safety!!!!

We are 46 points from safety! ....which at this rate will take us 103 games to get

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

People don't want to lose our identity! by becoming a feeder club to city! But let's sack shez, what we left with? a load of French players a few loans players! Wilson is our longest serving player,  does he represent oldham!!!!! NO shez does, I get the concern, the relegation  fears. But deep down, when u think about it do u want Jonny foreigner in charge or super shez!The man who hobbled a cross the pitch to save us, the man who came back twice and saved us! Don't give me this he went to Notts county! We essentially sold him!HE IS MR OLDHAM!!!

Go to bed now, it's been a long day.