Sheridan's future.

3 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

But what if he loses more games on the trot still keep him? baffles me its like excepting emotional abuse  madness

I'm not usually one for this buuuuuuut ...... reading many of your posts is ACCEPTING emotional abuse. Fuck me , my English writing is not perfect but find a bloody comma every now and again PLEASE ?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'm not usually one for this buuuuuuut ...... reading many of your posts is ACCEPTING emotional abuse. Fuck me , my English writing is not perfect but find a bloody comma every now and again PLEASE ?

Sorry im dyslexic i find it easier to just blurt shit out the software i use Grammarly that corrects spelling mistakes doesn't do comma's etc how shite

Edited by Andy Perimeter West

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not really necessary, but, while we are at it...

"I'm not usually one for this buuuuuuut...reading many of your posts is ACCEPTING emotional abuse. Fuck me, my English writing is not perfect, but find a bloody comma every now and again, PLEASE! ?

Fixed it for you.

23 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Not really necessary, but, while we are at it...

"I'm not usually one for this buuuuuuut...reading many of your posts is ACCEPTING emotional abuse. Fuck me, my English writing is not perfect, but find a bloody comma every now and again, PLEASE! ?

Fixed it for you.

Thanks,a.bunch,for,that,full stop

There's a few things here looking at the facts we are bottom. Haven't won at home yet. Signed numerous players Sheridan hasn't had any influence in. Why should we prolong the inevitable?

I welcome the investment but for me Sheridan can go. Same old excuses every game we can all see we are weak at the back and the Gerrard Clarke partnership isn't working. If Sheridan had any relevance in the future of Latics we would have sorted the defence rather than reserve midfielders and wingers. 

Seriously guys half of you need a slap to calm down the hysteria.  :lol:

Yes we have got off to a poor start but one thing for sure is that if things continue to be poor we have the best manager in the division to stop the rot and keep us up like he has done the last two seasons. What Shez is trying to do however is get us playing attacking / entertaining footy and what neutral can say that the last 4 or 5 games have not been entertaining?

Shez has had distractions from his court case and the frustration of money coming late into the club and missing out on one key ingredient - a top quality keeper.

Let's enjoy this half of the season because it will be a rollercoaster undoubtedly and be safe in the knowledge that a few tweaks in the mid-season transfer window will see us secure.

In Shez I trust

23 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Seriously guys half of you need a slap to calm down the hysteria.  :lol:

Yes we have got off to a poor start but one thing for sure is that if things continue to be poor we have the best manager in the division to stop the rot and keep us up like he has done the last two seasons. What Shez is trying to do however is get us playing attacking / entertaining footy and what neutral can say that the last 4 or 5 games have not been entertaining?

Shez has had distractions from his court case and the frustration of money coming late into the club and missing out on one key ingredient - a top quality keeper.

Let's enjoy this half of the season because it will be a rollercoaster undoubtedly and be safe in the knowledge that a few tweaks in the mid-season transfer window will see us secure.

In Shez I trust

Best manager in the division? If that's the case why aren't we top of the division?

1 hour ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Best manager in the division? If that's the case why aren't we top of the division?

To be fair, I think the comment refers to the best manager at grinding it results in a relegation battle - which is where we might well be - rather than being the best manager.

The thing is, he came into dire situations, added some loans, and got a backs against the wall siege mentality going.  That is far harder to do when the dire situation is of your own making...

I can see Shez getting the sack, ending up at another League One relegation club and keeping them up - hopefully not at our expense.

2 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

To be fair, I think the comment refers to the best manager at grinding it results in a relegation battle - which is where we might well be - rather than being the best manager.

The thing is, he came into dire situations, added some loans, and got a backs against the wall siege mentality going.  That is far harder to do when the dire situation is of your own making...

I can see Shez getting the sack, ending up at another League One relegation club and keeping them up - hopefully not at our expense.

Who's paying his contract up?

3 hours ago, KYLEOAFC said:

There's a few things here looking at the facts we are bottom. Haven't won at home yet. Signed numerous players Sheridan hasn't had any influence in. Why should we prolong the inevitable?

I welcome the investment but for me Sheridan can go. Same old excuses every game we can all see we are weak at the back and the Gerrard Clarke partnership isn't working. If Sheridan had any relevance in the future of Latics we would have sorted the defence rather than reserve midfielders and wingers. 

I'm sure at the end of last season you were demanding a new defence instead of new midfielders and wingers.

29 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

4 pts from a possible 27 would be piss poor by anybody's standards and the buck stops fairly and squarely with the manager.

Anyone think a defeat at Rotherham could signal the end for Shez?

Probably. Much as I think we have turned a corner and things are looking up, 4 points from 27 is unacceptable for any club at any level.   We managed double that in the two previous seasons.... they were awful starts that we only just recovered from.  

That was probably our best home footballing performance in a long time yet we still came out 2nd best. This curse we seem to have at home just goes on and on season after season.

We played the league leaders at home after 2 stirring away performances with decent weather yet still only managed 3550 home fans.

Fans have left in droves over the last few years and the trend continues. I want Shez to succeed here but the signs are not good.

It has come to a point now where something drastic needs to happen....if that is a new owner or new investment without Shez then I'd reluctantly have to take it.

We would be entering unknown territory and it might all go tits up but I'm at the stage now where I've almost had enough and taking a gamble on this Abdallah fella seems to me like one that's worth taking.

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

4 pts from a possible 27 would be piss poor by anybody's standards and the buck stops fairly and squarely with the manager.

Anyone think a defeat at Rotherham could signal the end for Shez?

Without being too picky, we have 4 points from 24, not 27, still very poor though 

2 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Without being too picky, we have 4 points from 24, not 27, still very poor though 

Or 6 points from our last 33 if you include the two draws and a defeat from the back end of last season, one win in 11 witnessed by our lowest league following for years, sandwiched between that we've been knocked out of the League Cup at home and witnessed a boring 0-0 and eventual loss on penalties to Port Vale who prop up the FL and dispatched their manager at the weekend.

Don't get me wrong I'd love nothing more than for Shez to turn this around but he must be skating on the thinnest of thin ice and in my opinion needs a win at the weekend. 

Edited by yarddog73