Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working last week during the game so didn't get to go. Funnily enough I was on a train which stopped at Shrewsbury which left around half 6 so asked some of their travelling fans about the match. They couldn't believe we'd been beaten or that we were bottom. We're not far off and there's a team there for the right manager.

The instability at the club I believe is causing problems, probably the sort which account for good performances and defeats. It's very plausible to think that an influx of new signings has disrupted the squad and when players like Clarke are playing piss poor you've got to think there's a real issue.

It will come together if Shez is given the chance, but I fear for us massively if we start what I expect to be a proper management carousel with lots of untried foreign lads arriving in tow. That said, I'd be interested to see how we get on with a tested manager...

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Worrying isn’t it.  Not trying to get the sack... in which case he is getting it wrong despite trying to do his best.  Tactics are badly wrong most weeks. 

If Edmundson doesn’t fuck up at Fleetwood the tactics are spot on

If Ruddy isn’t shit and Doyle miss an open goal against Shrewsbury the tactics are spot on

Rotherham attacked our biggest weakness (full back areas) yesterday. Shez should’ve changed to a back 4...but who plays LB? Who replaces the woeful Edmundson? All the correct answers are injured. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

11 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

The instability at the club I believe is causing problems, probably the sort which account for good performances and defeats. It's very plausible to think that an influx of new signings has disrupted the squad and when players like Clarke are playing piss poor you've got to think there's a real issue.

Spot on this. Whatever happened to giving 10 games for a squad to gel? This squad wasn’t assembled until August 31st. As far as I’m concerned, that’s when the season started. And that’s before you add in the Corney circus going on in the background.  

25 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Players to blame. 11 grown men have to take the responsibility. 

Just a direct question.......did you say the same when Kelly, Dunn or Robinson was in charge?

Because if you play a crap formation and it doesn't work, you can't collectively blame the players!!!

Forwards will say they don't get service, wide players say they don't get service, midfield players say they are over-run, full backs say they get no help from the wide men, centre-backs say they need a defensive midfield player, goalkeepers say they are left exposed.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

If Edmundson doesn’t fuck up at Fleetwood the tactics are spot on

If Ruddy isn’t shit and Doyle miss an open goal against Shrewsbury the tactics are spot on

Rotherham attacked our biggest weakness (full back areas) yesterday. Shez should’ve changed to a back 4...but who plays LB? Who replaces the woeful Edmundson? All the correct answers are injured. 

Thats a fair post, because it doesn’t just blame new players.  The left wing back, getting slaughtered by some on here, played in both games and there is a very decent player in there.   We def got it right at Fleetwood, I was there and thought we were the better team by far. Shrewsbury, we were unlucky.

So why oh why did Shez set up that way yesterday and persist with it all afternoon?? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Thats a fair post, because it doesn’t just blame new players.  The left wing back, getting slaughtered by some on here, played in both games and there is a very decent player in there.   We def got it right at Fleetwood, I was there and thought we were the better team by far. Shrewsbury, we were unlucky.

So why oh why did Shez set up that way yesterday and persist with it all afternoon?? 

Like you said - we did well in the other matches, I think Shez wanted to stick with it. Rotherham were too good for us though. 

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Like you said - we did well in the other matches, I think Shez wanted to stick with it. Rotherham were too good for us though. 

So getting 1 point out of 6 is now doing well ? ...well I suppose  at 0.5 points a match it is at least better than our season average of 0.44

18 minutes ago, Magister said:

So getting 1 point out of 6 is now doing well ? ...well I suppose  at 0.5 points a match it is at least better than our season average of 0.44

I didn't mean we did well results wise and you know that. We played better football and looked to be turning a corner. 

3 hours ago, josh_latics said:

This, from @wadge78 on Twitter, is an absolutely remarkable photo for the first goal. 

DKfLEBgW4AA9ULZ.jpg

So many to blame for that goal but Bryans attempts to stop that goal summed up his whole game. Had his missus in the crowd and either was completely disinterested or when he did get it, tried a Hollywood ball rather than the right ball. 

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Just a direct question.......did you say the same when Kelly, Dunn or Robinson was in charge?

Because if you play a crap formation and it doesn't work, you can't collectively blame the players!!!

Completely different sets of circumstances.  The players that they had werent good enough

None of those 3 stood a chance from the start.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yeah. You’re right. That win at Bristol Rovers should be expunged.

Except that the original post referred directly to Fleetwood and Shrewsbury .......for your expunging of Bristol I raise you Oxford Blackpool, Walsall , Wigan Charlton. At the end  of the Shrewsbury game which apparently showed us turning  the corner our record was 1. 1. 6 . .....the game after us turning the corner finished 1-5

you're right we should concentrate on the Bristol result 

Edited by Magister
Omitted word

59 minutes ago, Magister said:

Except that the original post referred directly to Fleetwood and Shrewsbury .......for your expunging of Bristol I raise you Oxford Blackpool, Walsall , Wigan Charlton. At the end  of the Shrewsbury game which apparently showed us turning  the corner our record was 1. 1. 6 . .....the game after us turning the corner finished 1-5

you're right we should concentrate on the Bristol result 

Im concentrating on the improving of the squad on Deadline day and the improvement in the side since. The fact you ignore that Shez was hand tied on signings until that day says a lot about your agenda against the man. 

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Im concentrating on the improving of the squad on Deadline day and the improvement in the side since. The fact you ignore that Shez was hand tied on signings until that day says a lot about your agenda against the man. 

Since Deadline day we have played 5 games...lost 3 ....conceded 15 ( FIFTEEN) and are bottom of the table....and that is an improvement?  Says a lot about your denial of real events?

2 hours ago, Magister said:

Since Deadline day we have played 5 games...lost 3 ....conceded 15 ( FIFTEEN) and are bottom of the table....and that is an improvement?  Says a lot about your denial of real events?

The only problem in conceding 3 goals a game is that we are not yet scoring 4 every game. Cue Tuesday.

14 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Completely different sets of circumstances.  The players that they had werent good enough

None of those 3 stood a chance from the start.

Are you now saying that these players are good enough?

Just for the record, I believe we have a good enough 10 players for the 1st eleven (goalkeeping excepted) when all are fit, but the formation and tactics are wrong.