Sheridan's future.

23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

People don't want to lose our identity! by becoming a feeder club to city! But let's sack shez, what we left with? a load of French players a few loans players! Wilson is our longest serving player,  does he represent oldham!!!!! NO shez does, I get the concern, the relegation  fears. But deep down, when u think about it do u want Jonny foreigner in charge or super shez!The man who hobbled a cross the pitch to save us, the man who came back twice and saved us! Don't give me this he went to Notts county! We essentially sold him!HE IS MR OLDHAM!!!

I want some of what your smoking. You really are a clown.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, latics22 said:

People don't want to lose our identity! by becoming a feeder club to city! But let's sack shez, what we left with? a load of French players a few loans players! Wilson is our longest serving player,  does he represent oldham!!!!! NO shez does, I get the concern, the relegation  fears. But deep down, when u think about it do u want Jonny foreigner in charge or super shez!The man who hobbled a cross the pitch to save us, the man who came back twice and saved us! Don't give me this he went to Notts county! We essentially sold him!HE IS MR OLDHAM!!!

Christ.

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I want in charge the person who will win the most games for Oldham Athletic I don't care about someones passport.

I would dearly love for Sheridan to be given money to lead us into this new golden era but it's not going to happen and he is making the decision for Lemsgram easy. He's a dead man walking it's a shame it has come to this but losing 5-1 at Rotherham is the type of result that gets a manger sacked.

5 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Interesting post match quote from Shez from Matt chambers' report:

“All over the pitch, we were second to the ball,” Sheridan said. “I am not going to blame the players.

READ

“I will take it on the chin. I pick the team and I have just been too loyal to them. At the moment they are not giving me anything back.

“I am the manager and I have to take it. Luckily we have got a game on Tuesday (against Peterborough) and if I am here, I will pick a team that will hopefully go and try to win the game. That is all I can do. We need to start winning, no matter what.

unnamed-3.jpg(Image: Alan Howarth)

“I am absolutely gutted for the supporters. Gutted, I am.

“They give me great support and I know they are right behind me. But they just can’t keep supporting me when we are giving them what we are giving them at the moment.

“I don’t want it to end up like that after what has happened. They respect me for who I am and as a player when I played for the club. They know my heart is there and I want to do really well for them. But I am just letting them down at the moment.”

Asked whether he was minded to carry on to turn fortunes around, Sheridan admitted he may well not have the luxury of choice now.

“I will think about it, but it may well not be in my hands. I will just see what is going to happen.”

Well feck off now, that was a embarrassment today 

I think what we’re seeing here is player power. I think players aren’t playing so Sheridan will get axed. It’s happening in so many clubs at all levels. In other sports too. Even - or especially - amateur sports.  And I think that’s sad and it makes me fall out of love with sport a bit every time it happens. 

In a dream world, for me, this fecking takeover/investment would happen fast and Sheridan would be picking the team. 

In reality, I think he has been undermined by the ongoing saga. The players know this. Those that don’t like him give up. 

The days of playing for the jersey, for the fans, are long over: I know that for sure. 

But the speed at which a team or individuals on it can stop playing in order to stitch up their manager still stuns me. 

If/when Sheridan leaves and gets a job at another club I’ll always feel a pang of envy - for want of a better word - when I see a pic of him in that club’s gear. 

Meanwhile, I hope he gets more time with us. I doubt he will but that’s my hope...

And it’s the hope that kills you!

3 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Badge kissing gets rid of players couple of weeks left till start of new season leaves joins Notts county!!!! only Joe Royal deserve legend status not this chump!!!!

Legend status should see his name well known to all.

Royal indeed. 

Edited by ChrisA

12 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Interesting post match quote from Shez from Matt chambers' report:

“All over the pitch, we were second to the ball,” Sheridan said. “I am not going to blame the players.

“I will take it on the chin. I pick the team and I have just been too loyal to them. At the moment they are not giving me anything back.

“I am the manager and I have to take it. Luckily we have got a game on Tuesday (against Peterborough) and if I am here, I will pick a team that will hopefully go and try to win the game. That is all I can do. We need to start winning, no matter what.

“I am absolutely gutted for the supporters. Gutted, I am.

“They give me great support and I know they are right behind me. But they just can’t keep supporting me when we are giving them what we are giving them at the moment.

“They know my heart is there and I want to do really well for them. But I am just letting them down at the moment.”

7 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I think what we’re seeing here is player power. I think players aren’t playing so Sheridan will get axed. 

But the speed at which a team or individuals on it can stop playing in order to stitch up their manager still stuns me. 

The key comments from Sheridan:

'I am not going to blame the players. I will take it on the chin. I pick the team and I have just been too loyal to them. At the moment they are not giving me anything back. ...But I am just letting them (the fans) down at the moment'

He admits that he is being too loyal and picking the wrong team but, although trying to shield the players from blame, he is actually allocating some of the blame to the players  'not giving anything back'.

So.. is it players not playing for Sheridan because they don't believe in his system? Not sure we will ever know for certain.

What is certain, if Sheridan is around on Tuesday, is that we will see some changes - hopefully to both personnel and formation. Doyle will be back and hopefully four at the back.

Time is running out for Sheridan.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Some hysterical and ridiculous reactions here.

Shez's last 14 competitive games in charge have seen us win one, draw three and lose ten. Any reaction to that is hardly ridiculous and it certainly should be open to discussion, it would at any other club in the land and records like that have led to better managers than Shez losing his job. 

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Some hysterical and ridiculous reactions here.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shez's last 14 competitive games in charge have seen us win one, draw three and lose ten. Any reaction to that is hardly ridiculous and it certainly should be open to discussion, it would at any other club in the land and records like that have led to better managers than Shez losing his job. 

Agree with yarddog73 - some reasoned and considered reactions here too.

I can see that some supporters have a really strong affinity with Sheridan, and also believe he represents our best chance of success (which has changed from Top half / sneak the play-offs - to survival again).

I can understand the fear that SCs management appointments are less hit and more miss - and therefore people prefer the devil that they know.

But that some people are claiming it's some form of heresy to discuss him being sacked - madness.

Its his team, it's his tactics, and his selection and motivation - he has to be held responsible for that fact.  The results are nothing short of appalling.

I was / am a big fan of Sheridan and what he has done for the club - through he isn't Mr.Oldham (in his heart he is Wednesday) - but history is exactly that and he knows he will be judged on the present.

The present is challenging and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in charge by Tuesday - or at the very best he has maybe another 2 games to start getting some results.

1 minute ago, Scapegoat said:

I can see that some supporters have a really strong affinity with Sheridan, and also believe he represents our best chance of success (which has changed from Top half / sneak the play-offs - to survival again).

I can understand the fear that SCs management appointments are less hit and more miss - and therefore people prefer the devil that they know.

But that some people are claiming it's some form of heresy to discuss him being sacked - madness.

Its his team, it's his tactics, and his selection and motivation - he has to be held responsible for that fact.  The results are nothing short of appalling.

I was / am a big fan of Sheridan and what he has done for the club - through he isn't Mr.Oldham (in his heart he is Wednesday) - but history is exactly that and he knows he will be judged on the present.

The present is challenging and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in charge by Tuesday - or at the very best he has maybe another 2 games to start getting some results.

Which manager of any pedigree is going to want to take this job on?

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which manager of any pedigree is going to want to take this job on?

The oft made argument - there are only 92 managers jobs out there, no matter how bad it looks people will apply and there will be a few decent ones.

Add into the equation a potential takeover and that there is 3/4 of a season to turn it around (including a transfer window) and I think we will do OK for applicants.

Whether SC picks a good one is a matter of debate - but hopefully the investment might mean we aren't stuck with the bargain bin options.

7 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

The oft made argument - there are only 92 managers jobs out there, no matter how bad it looks people will apply and there will be a few decent ones.

The "there's only 92 jobs" always gets thrown around, but our last few manager appointments that weren't Sheridan have been: Robinson, Dunn, Kelly and Holden. It's not like there's a stream of successful managers queuing down Sheepfoot Lane for this job. 

34 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

You’re right that (even though I dislike it) the topic of if he should be sacked should rightly be discussed. It’s when folk claim he wants to be sacked or that players aren’t playing for him that fuck me off. Both are a load of bollocks. 

Two things are happening here...Shez has made some glaring mistakes (Banks, chasing Ripley too long, 3-5-2 system) as he struggles with players forced on him, injured players and a shit sandwich budget. He has rid the side of Banks now. He has never (even back in his first stint as manager) had a good record with keepers. His Achilles heal. And this 3-5-2 seemed to come about to make us more attacking. It worked. It also opened the already creaky floodgates though. After yesterday, he probably knows he needs to go back to a 4 now. 

Whatever the weather...we are 3pts off getting out of relegation and I’ve got complete confidence he will do that. When it gets to nearer to 8 or 9 then I’ll probably lose that confidence despite he fact he’s done it for us before. To me, you only sack a manager if he has reached the very limit of his ability...Shez hasn’t. Although I am concerned by his Rotherham post match interview. He sounded devoid of answers but I’m prepared to wait longer to see if he finds them. The bare minimum of what he deserves. 

The 2nd thing that is happening is the Corney “hanging out his man to dry” Darren Kelly effect. Shez has saved Corneys bacon twice and for nothing to be said is typical of the shit...He is most likely worried that to show support to Shez would piss off Legasam. But hanging your man out to dry will only ever have 1 effect though...of which, like with Kelly, we are seeing being played out.

Feel really gutted for Shez right now. He wants success as badly as the rest of us. Not just coz it’s a job but coz both him and us fans have been through the same shit journeys together. Especially the last 2 seasons. Just a shame a lot of folk are forgetting this when they are deliberating over his future.

For now, it should be with us. With some patience offered. Until it gets to the point of no return. We are a long way from that yet. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

13 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Add into the equation a potential takeover and that there is 3/4 of a season to turn it around (including a transfer window) and I think we will do OK for applicants.

Whether SC picks a good one is a matter of debate - but hopefully the investment might mean we aren't stuck with the bargain bin options.

SC makes good decision-shock horror. He is the probkem. The shambles that he has overseen for the last 15 months has caused the problems with an oversized and overpaid squad from which picking 11 decent players is proving very difficult. Perhaps we should try a completely different 11 on Tuesday and then another 11 next Saturday

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

BB80 is right on the subject of Sheridan trying to get the sack it's total rubbish! 

It's going wrong for number of reasons right now but he is not intentionally trying to get a pay off can we please can this ludicrous conspiracy theory.

I agree but I also feel he played the club/fans at the start of the season because he saw his arse, problem now is he wants to turn the tap back on and get them playing but for one reason or another it's not working for him and his team.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

BB80 is right on the subject of Sheridan trying to get the sack it's total rubbish! 

It's going wrong for number of reasons right now but he is not intentionally trying to get a pay off can we please can this ludicrous conspiracy theory.

Worrying isn’t it.  Not trying to get the sack... in which case he is getting it wrong despite trying to do his best.  Tactics are badly wrong most weeks.