Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think people are over selling how well we played on saturday I thought we were indisciplined and abit naive at times. Then again I get the impression sometimes that people would love seeing us lose 4-3 every week.

This isn't a Shez out post I just think he needs to fine tune it abit more still before we can say we've turned the corner.

Who are these 'people'? ?

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think people are over selling how well we played on saturday I thought we were indisciplined and abit naive at times. Then again I get the impression sometimes that people would love seeing us lose 4-3 every week.

If we could produce 4-3's every week we wouldn't lose them all. 

In fact, we won most of them last time we could... 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

If we could produce 4-3's every week we wouldn't lose them all. 

In fact, we won most of them last time we could... 

We played this way for the last 4 games we've only taken 4 points that will relegate us. 

The team 12 months ago was too defensive we've gone too far the other way right now and we are too gung-ho.

It just needs a subtle change tell Gardner and Bryan to not get beyond the ball and draft Stott in for Gerrard as he is more suited to that left sided centre back position and it should be enough to see us look that little bit more solid. You can then let Byrne play his natural game behind Davies and Doyle who will terrorise most defences in this league. With Mclaughlin and Gevaro playing as attack minded wing backs and that will be enough to ensure we are far more balanced having a solid base when we are defending and we will still easily score twice as many goals as last season.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We played this way for the last 4 games we've only taken 4 points that will relegate us. 

The team 12 months ago was too defensive we've gone too far the other way right now and we are too gung-ho.

We've not played in a way that would produce 4-3's really, apart from the 4-3 maybe :lol:

I disagree we're too gung ho aswell. 

We could arguably have it spot on if it wasn't for individual errors in goal and in defence. 

Also, any lack of cover from midfield that's contributed to goals conceded has been down to bad play/bad decisions rather than us being too gung ho. 

Even Gevaro was pretty much in the right position defensively before dropping the bollock that led to Ruddy dropping his bollock on Saturday.

Reason to be cheerful really that with a bit of tweaking or an improvement in form/decision making from a handful of players we could really start firing. 

Consider too that we've been scoring against sides protecting leads, often early leads.

We might start knocking in 3's and 4's if we can start getting ahead more often meaning opposition teams have to open up  more. 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We could arguably have it spot on if it wasn't for individual errors in goal and in defence. 

Ah the individual error smoke screen!  A team is made up of 11 individuals...if 2 or 3 play well and score  goals you will probably win....if 2 or 3 don't play well and make mistakes you will probably lose.  I have yet to hear anybody say if it wasn't for individual moments of class we would have lost?

5 minutes ago, Magister said:

Ah the individual error smoke screen!  A team is made up of 11 individuals...if 2 or 3 play well and score  goals you will probably win....if 2 or 3 don't play well and make mistakes you will probably lose.  I have yet to hear anybody say if it wasn't for individual moments of class we would have lost?

If it wasn't for individual moments of class we would have lost at Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

If it wasn't for individual moments of class we would have lost at Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers. 

Conversely if it wasn't for an individual moment of class we would have had a draw against Charlton.

Did we win many games through individual brilliance last season? We probably got a few draws but I can't remember winning via an individual moment of class.

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Conversely if it wasn't for an individual moment of class we would have had a draw against Charlton.

Did we win many games through individual brilliance last season? We probably got a few draws but I can't remember winning via an individual moment of class.

Exactly ....moments of individual class are the mark of a good side, while individual errors are a hallmark of a poor side

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

We've not played in a way that would produce 4-3's really, apart from the 4-3 maybe :lol:

I disagree we're too gung ho aswell. 

Also, any lack of cover from midfield that's contributed to goals conceded has been down to bad play/bad decisions rather than us being too gung ho. 

Even Gevaro was pretty much in the right position defensively before dropping the bollock that led to Ruddy dropping his bollock on Saturday.

Reason to be cheerful really that with a bit of tweaking or an improvement in form/decision making from a handful of players we could really start firing. 

Consider too that we've been scoring against sides protecting leads, often early leads.

We might start knocking in 3's and 4's if we can start getting ahead more often meaning opposition teams have to open up  more. 

The evidence clearly suggests we are too gung-ho We've conceded 18 goals so far that is the worst defensive record in the league hence we are bottom of the league. Not only that but in games against Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood we had the lead and didn't hold onto it against Bristol Rovers we got away with it. But that's going to start demoralising our attacking players knowing that they have to score 2 just to get a point. I'm not suggesting we try and win every game 1-0 just be abit more pragmatic than what we are now.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think it is indeed fair to say we have conceded some very poor goals too date. Both last Saturday were poor down to (1st) Ruddy pawing the ball in to the centre of the goal 8 yards out. (2nd) Clarke just blasting the ball against the attacker.

Whilst at the other end Doyle missing his open net after a great move and initially great work from Doyle. Lesser so Davies' header from the free kick, that was a well drilled training pitch routine.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It just needs a subtle change tell Gardner and Bryan to not get beyond the ball and draft Stott in for Gerrard as he is more suited to that left sided centre back position and it should be enough to see us look that little bit more solid. You can then let Byrne play his natural game behind Davies and Doyle who will terrorise most defences in this league. With Mclaughlin and Gevaro playing as attack minded wing backs and that will be enough to ensure we are far more balanced having a solid base when we are defending and we will still easily score twice as many goals as last season.

If only Sheridan could see what we see huh? ...It's simple this game of Football. ?

The evidence clearly suggests we are too gung-ho We've conceded 18 goals so far that is the worst defensive record in the league hence we are bottom of the league. Not only that but in games against Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood we had the lead and didn't hold onto it against Bristol Rovers we got away with it. 

From the outside looking in the evidence might suggest that but, I've been at most of our games and I don't think we are.

Against Bristol Rovers we conceded the two goals after we replaced our main attacking midfielder with our main defensive midfielder.

Edited by HarryBosch

The evidence clearly suggests we are too gung-ho We've conceded 18 goals so far that is the worst defensive record in the league hence we are bottom of the league. Not only that but in games against Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood we had the lead and didn't hold onto it against Bristol Rovers we got away with it. But that's going to start demoralising our attacking players knowing that they have to score 2 just to get a point. I'm not suggesting we try and win every game 1-0 just be abit more pragmatic than what we are now.

the evidence clearly suggests that we have a shit defence, nothing else

Edited by ChaddySmoker