Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think teams think similar about us at the moment? 

Good point, they may do.

Clark is a disaster waiting to happen 

i'd say he's got a couple of games to turn it around or he'll be out of the door

he seems to be playing people out of position and has sidelined 5 or 6 players, and because they didn't go out on loan , he now won't play them

vaughan's goals saved them last season and papered over the cracks

Not surprised that Shez has come in for some criticism after our start to the season as we're bottom of the league and he's made a few mistakes.  But I am surprised that people think that we'll be better off without him.

New investment would give us a better chance of hiring a decent manager, but that's only because the chances of that with just Corney in charge is next to zero.  I still think it's unlikely that we'll get an obviously better person in, plus in a time when there's a lot of uncertainty around the club he's one of the few people we can rely upon (before anyone says it, I highly doubt the Notts thing will happen again).

I expect that when the new guys on the board get their way he'll probably be gone, but we shouldn't be looking for him to be booted out before then!

4 hours ago, stevesidg said:

We need to play Bury before they give Lee Clark the tin tack, they are bound to improve after he leaves 

They've (presumably) got 4 games between now and then. We could do with them winning 1 of the next couple or getting 4 draws as anything less and it seems likely he'll be sacked.

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It'll be called off won't it?

Placide already called up and our 2 NI lads are bound to get a call up...

All things being equal it may be a good time to play them regardless of who we've got on international duty, none of those three are irreplaceable, especially if Clarks still there working his magic.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It'll be called off won't it?

Placide already called up and our 2 NI lads are bound to get a call up...

Ruddy as well.

Ben Wilson in goal and as it's Bury we probably won't lose as many off the gate if it's moved to a Tuesday night as well.

Wouldnt be surprised if it ends up being called off.

On 19/09/2017 at 0:55 AM, oafc1955 said:

We played the league leaders at home after 2 stirring away performances with decent weather yet still only managed 3550 home fans..

Bottom of the table and "league leaders" are Shrewsbury.

4 points from 2 away games (that we conceded 4 goals in and almost snatched 2 draws from winning positions) is not going to arrest the decline in supporters.

Making a meaningful change in attendances will take a few months of good results.

17 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Bottom of the table and "league leaders" are Shrewsbury.

4 points from 2 away games (that we conceded 4 goals in and almost snatched 2 draws from winning positions) is not going to arrest the decline in supporters.

Making a meaningful change in attendances will take a few months of good results.

Maybe even a season or two!!!

19 minutes ago, pcassist said:

Don't post much nowadays, mainly just read the posts, but in today's Press conference he states "while I'm here" sounds a bit ominous to me.

Ian G.

Reading too much into it.  I just listened to the entire interview, he is quite relaxed considering the pointed questions in the interview and its a phrase used by managers all the time.  Doesn't mean he is leaving, doesn't sound remotely ominous unless you want it to imo.

18 minutes ago, pcassist said:

Don't post much nowadays, mainly just read the posts, but in today's Press conference he states "while I'm here" sounds a bit ominous to me.

Ian G.

To be fair he said that a few times last season e.g  "while I'm here, we'll always try to win every game ". I think it's just his turn of phrase.

Having said that, he must be aware  of the rumours eminating from the French press and the fact that they were spot on when it came to naming players we were going to sign.

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Depends whether Corney is still in charge and desperate for the gate reciepts.

Two goal keepers away and having to play the 3rd choice (even though he used to be 1st) seems a silly thing to do to me. Do Bury have players away as well? If so, they may want to cancel.

Just said on the other thread, action needs to be taken. I still believe he can take us forward with the right backing but I don't see him getting it. 

The investment is undermining everything at the club and it needs to be concluded one way or another rapidly in order for us to concentrate on saving our season