Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Cold sweats at the suggestions of dropping a young keeper after 3 games and sacking a manager who has picked us up off the floor twice in two seasons.

For me the keeper wouldn't play Saturday and personally I'd give Shez the season but you have to look at the bigger picture and at some stage cut your losses, for all his faults SC normally has a good idea of when enoughs enough manager wise and I fear that Shez's time is nearly up, it looks like the players have started playing for him but now he needs the results and sharpish, he is getting us in a bigger mess than he's ever got us out of if we're honest and it could be argued damaging us to fit his own agenda with some shocking decisions and tactics at times.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

he is getting us in a bigger mess than he's ever got us out of if we're honest

Nah, I can't let that one go...

That's utter bollocks. We were 8pts from getting out of relegation at one point under Robbo and looked dead to League One. We are 2pts from getting out of relegation and 3pts from our beloved 17th place.

Let's not over-dramatise the situation. Shez was served a shit sandwich up to August 31st and bottom of the league that will get you. Yes, he has also made some mistakes (largely putting his faith in Banks) but the new additions have improved us and whereas we got what we deserved (thanks to the shit sandwich) during August we have improved a lot during September. The improvement will continue given the chance but sadly, I don't think the incoming Abdullah will give that chance.

We are a million miles from a bigger mess than he's ever got us out of.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Reckon the comments above are right, lose at the weekend and he'll be gone. Which is a shame, because I still think we'd have a better, and more enjoyable season with Shez than anybody else, even if it's probably justifiable, if you look at our points so far. 

I'm not so sure. I don't think Corney will pull the plug on Shez, given that he knows Abdallah will do that anyway once the takeover/investment is sorted.

I think he'll wait until the deal is over the line and let Abdallah stand in the firing line for that decision.

im probably going to be contraversial here but id let sheridan go after much thought.

He was a great player and has done his best but i for one feel he has massive limitations as a manager.

For a start he signed oliie friggin banks, thats enough to question anyones judgement.

There are other reasons -namely his temperament amongst other things.

To be fair to JS his hands have been tied somewhat by lack of funds, im aware of that, but all in all, i think a new gaffer might not be a bad thing.

first thing he has to do is sort out the defence, its an unadulterated disaster as it stands, we now have some creative midfielders and some attacking options,but the defence , well, ive seen milk turn quicker, the sooner thats sorted,somehow, the better.

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

im probably going to be contraversial here but id let sheridan go after much thought.

He was a great player and has done his best but i for one feel he has massive limitations as a manager.

For a start he signed oliie friggin banks, thats enough to question anyones judgement.

To be fair to JS his hands have been tied somewhat by lack of funds, im aware of that, but all in all, i think a new gaffer might not be a bad thing.

first thing he has to do is sort out the defence, its an unadulterated disaster as it stands, we now have some creative midfielders and some attacking options,but the defence , well, ive seen milk turn quicker, the sooner thats sorted,somehow, the better.

He didn't sign Ollie Banks 

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Hahahahahaha. Robbo signed Ollie Banks.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

That's utter bollocks. We were 8pts from getting out of relegation at one point under Robbo and looked dead to League One. We are 2pts from getting out of relegation and 3pts from our beloved 17th place.

It would be pretty remarkable to be 8 pts off safety after eight games! 

Interesting the UK source of the Correa article has quoted the original French newspaper has put a bit of an update stating he is not free to manage yet and is sorting his severance. IIRC it also says correa was being considred as a sporting Director role with his strong contacts.

Bit of a guess, due to the ownership issues, could Correa be considered not for manager but as MD or similar? The translation is open to interpretation, but it also might suggest Correa was not keen and wanted to stay as manager, but not 100% confirmed.

An upstairs appointment is more logical with the regular visits of Correa as it would be very unusual to have a manager openly and regularly visiting before an appointment has confirmed.

Trying to piece bits together.

Interestingly, the UK source Sport Witness is based in Manchester and quite strange details of who shares the same residential adress.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Let's not over-dramatise the situation. Shez was served a shit sandwich up to August 31st and bottom of the league that will get you. Yes, he has also made some mistakes (largely putting his faith in Banks) but the new additions have improved us and whereas we got what we deserved (thanks to the shit sandwich) during August we have improved a lot during September. The improvement will continue given the chance but sadly, I don't think the incoming Abdullah will give that chance.

We are a million miles from a bigger mess than he's ever got us out of.

Has anyone else noticed the huge improvement in our play over the last three games? Yes we have had a poor start but things are on an upward curve. There is a school of thought that says ten league games in before you can accurately judge. 

As for incoming...I still believe that we will retain Sheridan with Correa operating as Director of Football (whatever that means).

One down side is the sending off of Doyle on Saturday. Still, Mental is on form so still positive about Rovrum.

36 minutes ago, singe said:

Interesting the UK source of the Correa article has quoted the original French newspaper has put a bit of an update stating he is not free to manage yet and is sorting his severance. IIRC it also says correa was being considred as a sporting Director role with his strong contacts.

Bit of a guess, due to the ownership issues, could Correa be considered not for manager but as MD or similar? The translation is open to interpretation, but it also might suggest Correa was not keen and wanted to stay as manager, but not 100% confirmed.

An upstairs appointment is more logical with the regular visits of Correa as it would be very unusual to have a manager openly and regularly visiting before an appointment has confirmed.

Trying to piece bits together.

Interestingly, the UK source Sport Witness is based in Manchester and quite strange details of who shares the same residential adress.

Show me an O'Driscoll and I'll raise you a Correa. 

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Has anyone else noticed the huge improvement in our play over the last three games? Yes we have had a poor start but things are on an upward curve. There is a school of thought that says ten league games in before you can accurately judge. 

As for incoming...I still believe that we will retain Sheridan with Correa operating as Director of Football (whatever that means).

One down side is the sending off of Doyle on Saturday. Still, Mental is on form so still positive about Rovrum.

Your quite right there has been a huge improvement but the results need to change, I'd love nothing more than for Shez to get this group ticking but he's running out of time in my opinion.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

It's only an improvement from woeful -> half-decent though? We're not 1970's Brazil just yet.

I think people are over selling how well we played on saturday I thought we were indisciplined and abit naive at times. Then again I get the impression sometimes that people would love seeing us lose 4-3 every week.

This isn't a Shez out post I just think he needs to fine tune it abit more still before we can say we've turned the corner.