£4.6 million loss

39 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Any ideas on how our creditors go up £2.7m in 12mths? It can’t be on players. Or infrastructure. Unless more bills for the North Stand are landing on OAFCs doormat and not Brassbanks or the OECs?

North stand, new e-tickets. 

One of our (former) major sponsors was apparently owed around £250k

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Unless I'm mistaken the club never owned the North stand, so can't have taken an accounting from a change in it's value?

My understanding is that we lease the ground. If it's a finance lease which due to the nature of it it probably is it can be recorded as an asset on the balance sheet and it can be depreciated I believe.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

I know we're shit at everything but shouldn't a sponsor be giving the club money as opposed to being owed it? 

They gave the club some money (advertising) and they rented them some equipment (I'm not sure if it was at reduced rate) but were expecting to be paid for it. Don't think the payment materialised and whilst there was some sort of arrangement for hospitality in the North stand the completion delay compounded the money issue.

The only thing that can produce the loss is the great white elephant, the yet to be finished north stand, which I thought it was established is leased by the club who incurred the cost of building the bloody thing.  It would be nice to put this 'asset' in the balance sheet at cost but no doubt the accountants said get it valued and low it is worth much less than cost hence a write down to profit and loss. No doubt of interest to Abdallah but doesn't change the ongoing fact that the club can't meet its debts and can only continue if Blitz and Gazal let it. 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

The meeting notes clearly state the Club 'rent the land & buildings from BBL @ £100K per annum (recently reduced from £150k).

The club rent the football ground from BrassBank Ltd.

48 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hehe correct on both counts then ?

hehe, no.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

The only thing that can produce the loss is the great white elephant, the yet to be finished north stand, which I thought it was established is leased by the club who incurred the cost of building the bloody thing.  It would be nice to put this 'asset' in the balance sheet at cost but no doubt the accountants said get it valued and low it is worth much less than cost hence a write down to profit and loss. No doubt of interest to Abdallah but doesn't change the ongoing fact that the club can't meet its debts and can only continue if Blitz and Gazal let it. 

Yes. It is amazing how other people manage to get themselves so confused.

If it looks like a white elephant, sounds like a white elephant and shits like a white elephant, you know what. It probably is a white elephant.

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Any ideas on how our creditors go up £2.7m in 12mths? It can’t be on players. Or infrastructure. Unless more bills for the North Stand are landing on OAFCs doormat and not Brassbanks or the OECs?

It might include soft loans from a couple of people who are slightly unfairly considered bastards on here. It would be after this period that another sum of money was made available to the club, but with a charge attached.

6 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Yes. It is amazing how other people manage to get themselves so confused.

If it looks like a white elephant, sounds like a white elephant and shits like a white elephant, you know what. It probably is a white elephant.

Except white elephant refers to a costly possession that doesn't get used and nobody wants.

The north stand isn't even the clubs possession, it's somebody elses, it's always being used and somebody is trying to buy it right this second.

Amazing how you can get so confused yet think it's other people who are confused ?

Amazing and also quite funny.

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Somebody is trying to buy the North Stand? I’ve not seen that put on record. Seen that AL wants to buy the club...to me, that says OAFC. Brassbank own the North Stand. Not aware that was being bought.

Nobody is going to buy the club without the stand and ground.

10 hours ago, tGWB said:

The meeting notes clearly state the Club 'rent the land & buildings from BBL @ £100K per annum (recently reduced from £150k).

ChaddySmoker

Are you saying the Fans Meeting notes regarding the renting of the North Stand from Brass Bank Ltd (as extracted above) is incorrect then ?

Edited by tGWB

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Except white elephant refers to a costly possession that doesn't get used and nobody wants.

The north stand isn't even the clubs possession, it's somebody elses, it's always being used and somebody is trying to buy it right this second.

Amazing how you can get so confused yet think it's other people who are confused ?

If you checked the etymology of the term you would realise that you are confused. You are insisting on using your lazy understanding of the term.

And if it is not the possession of the club, please point me to another asset that has been reduced in value from nearly £7M to £2.8M. #whiteelephant

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

ChaddySmoker

Are you saying the Fans Meeting notes regarding the renting of the North Stand from Brass Bank Ltd (as extracted above) is incorrect then ?

OAFC 2004 Ltd owe rent for the ground. It is perfectly clear. It isn't clear if that includes the North Stand, you are simply assuming that it did

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

So in spite of its might, said elephant is not quite as white as cited. 

In fact, it is really blue and its not even an elephant.

#huntfortheNorthStandTusks

4 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

OAFC 2004 Ltd owe rent for the ground. It is perfectly clear. It isn't clear if that includes the North Stand, you are simply assuming that it did

leeslover remarked about the ownership of the North Stand and I confirmed we rented it from Brass Bank Ltd

Where are you picking up a point about OAFC 2004 Ltd owing rent for the ground ?