£4.6 million loss

10 minutes ago, Magister said:

The club's accounts for 2016 have been published. They show a loss of £4.6 million due to asset writedowns

anybody qualified to give an opinion on what that indicates?

I'm not a qualified accountant or any sort of accountant...come to think of it, I'm fairly shit with money...but I think it indicates that both Messi and Ronaldo are coming in January.

19 minutes ago, Magister said:

The club's accounts for 2016 have been published. They show a loss of £4.6 million due to asset writedowns

anybody qualified to give an opinion on what that indicates?

That Simon was a little optimistic in Jake Cassidy's valuation?

More seriously: suggests to me something the club thought had a certain value did not. I'd assume impairments would apply more to long-term assets (so not players, etc) - value of the stadium buildings? I'm assuming the land itself isn't included on OAFC's books, otherwise I'd speculate it was a loss of value in that.

12 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

More seriously: suggests to me something the club thought had a certain value did not. I'd assume impairments would apply more to long-term assets (so not players, etc) - value of the stadium buildings? I'm assuming the land itself isn't included on OAFC's books, otherwise I'd speculate it was a loss of value in that.

The way I read it, was theyve reduced the asset value of something (the North Stand transferring to Brass Bank perhaps?) so we avoid a large tax bill?!

PS I have no idea about accounting techniques. I am purely hoping people take this as gospel.

Edited by youngen

Notably net liabilities increased from £4.6m to £8.9m. Though some of that will be the new stand as others have said.

The new stand will not have generated new season ticket money, but will have a rental income from the OEC (albeit possibley heavily discounted) and possibly some Bar income. IIRC tyhe gym was not opened in this account period.

Edited by singe

17 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Difficult to get too much detail from Abbreviated Accounts,but it is the write down on the value of property arising from a valuation carried out by Ryder & Dutton which values the property at £2.8m 

Is the right answer. Just to correct the topic title slightly the loss in 2016 is £4.28m not £4.6m

Accounts registered 26th September 2017 are for year ending 30th June 2016

The document registered is a balance sheet not a Profit & Loss account

Points of note are:

Tangible Assets (assets having a physical form such as buildings land machinery) have reduced to £3m from £4.3m in 2015

Debtors (what is owed to us) is £230k from £637k in 2015

Creditors (what we owe) is £11.7m up from £9m in 2015

Profit & Loss (summary of costs and expenses v revenue) present a Loss of £8.9m up from a Loss of £4.4m in 2015

A balance sheet doesn't give a full picture of a business financial standing, particularly relating to who our Creditors are

Anyone wanting to acquire our Club would have to be convinced of the valuation of our Tangible Assets (relatively straight forward)) but the size of our Creditors (what we owe) and who we owe, would be the challenge depending on the Creditors expectations (ie how much of their monies are they expecting back / prepared to write off)

The Creditors amount of £11.7m would need a negotiated settlement or the amount to be refinanced

Its worth noting that this financial data is from over 12 months ago and could have changed significantly over that period

A new buyer or Investor would obviously have access to current financial trading and current debt liabilities

All the above information is in the public domain and to speculate further would not be 'good form'

:chubb:

10 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Unless I'm mistaken the club never owned the North stand, so can't have taken an accounting from a change in it's value?

The Fans Meeting with the Chairman confirmed that Brassbank owned the North Stand and that we pay £100k / year to rent it