Milton Keynes FC (a)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

As you watch Fane you can almost see his confusion increasing as he holds the ball for longer. He is dangerous with time and space.

I can't defend Fane for that goal, but he was trying to pass back to Placide, the ball deflected off another of our players (Bryan?), and Clarke wasn't paying attention until they picked up the ball. Yes Fane should have cleared It, but three or four players were also badly at fault for that goal.

I thought apart from that balls-up, Fane was brilliant yesterday. Always chasing back, playing the simple ball and letting Byrne/Gardner have time on the ball.

3 minutes ago, oafc-latics said:

I can't defend Fane for that goal, but he was trying to pass back to Placide, the ball deflected off another of our players (Bryan?), and Clarke wasn't paying attention until they picked up the ball. Yes Fane should have cleared It, but three or four players were also badly at fault for that goal.

I thought apart from that balls-up, Fane was brilliant yesterday. Always chasing back, playing the simple ball and letting Byrne/Gardner have time on the ball.

What Fane does well he does very well but that first goal was his fault and his fault only. That ball should not have been played back anywhere near that area.

Think the formation wasn't right for Fane no excuse for the back pass that was a costly mistake he is used to being within a few yards of Bryne!! to much space between the players in midfield almost no mans land at times they just drifted past need to be more compact like the other games sure someone said we played 433 that could explain the gaps learning curve for Richie!!!

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

What Fane does well he does very well but that first goal was his fault and his fault only. That ball should not have been played back anywhere near that area.

How many games do you actually go too to give such measured observations? Lads made his first error in weeks yet you want to single him out when he was still one of the best players on the pitch and has been since Wellens came in, people might actually respect what you say if you attended the odd game instead of jumping on a player the first chance you get. 

The first goal looked as though there was a miscommunication between Fane and Bryan. Fane, who is in possession, looking to pass it back and Bryan looking to go forward. Fane's lack of footballing ability is the catalyst for the goal but in no way is he the sole culprit, Bryan could, and probably should, have gotten Fane out of the way and played it up field. Clarke and Dummigan could perhaps defend the cross better and Hunt could see where the danger was and gone rushing out to the edge of the box as opposed to marking the far post.

One of those things you get at this level, last year we probably wouldn't have conceded that goal, but last year we wouldn't have scored the first goal, and only scored 4 goals once, in the Checkatrade trophy.

Teams know to beat us they will have to score 2, as we will score. How long has it been since that was the case? Onwards and Upwards.

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How many games do you actually go too to give such measured observations? Lads made his first error in weeks yet you want to single him out when he was still one of the best players on the pitch and has been since Wellens came in, people might actually respect what you say if you attended the odd game instead of jumping on a player the first chance you get. 

Me thinks that you are confusing me with somebody else.

Could you read my comment back to yourself and try to understand the English language. Jumping on him, my arse :computer: .

I didnt go to Mk but did you?  It doesnt really matter since on tv you can see what an almighty cock up it was.

First error in weeks-I suspect you dont attend matches yourself.

11 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Me thinks that you are confusing me with somebody else.

Could you read my comment back to yourself and try to understand the English language. Jumping on him, my arse :computer: .

I didnt go to Mk but did you?  It doesnt really matter since on tv you can see what an almighty cock up it was.

First error in weeks-I suspect you dont attend matches yourself.

Yes okay :chubb: bet you've been to Spotland more times you've been to BP recently.

Whatever the reasons were for our conceding 4 goals, we scored the same amount and didn't lose. To be fair, it could have been 7-7. Far far better than the 0-0's that we have become accustomed to. I think that we just ran out of steam second half; i don't for one minute believe that they purposely took their foot off the pedal.  It is a big pitch and the first half was a terrific effort. To be fair to the franchise, they more than contributed to a thoroughly entertaining game.

Edited by L1onheartNew

10 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Whatever the reasons were for our conceding 4 goals, we scored the same amount and didn't lose. To be fair, it could have been 7-7. Far far better than the 0-0's that we have become accustomed to. I think that we just ran out of steam second half; i don't for one minute believe that they purposely took their foot off the pedal.  It is a big pitch and the first half was a terrific effort. To be fair to the franchise, they more than contributed to a thoroughly entertaining game.

Agreed. The franchise did change tactics for the second half and closed us down far better. Late on they sensed that we were tiring and went for it. Credit to them but also credit to our boys for another exciting performance. 

8 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

If its 0-0 or 4-4 you still only get 1 point football is about winning.

If you are Doyle sat in that changing room after the game you must be feeling frustrated that you have scored 2 goals away from home hes done his bit and silly defending from his teammates has cost us a win.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If its 0-0 or 4-4 you still only get 1 point football is about winning.

If you are Doyle sat in that changing room after the game you must be feeling frustrated that you have scored 2 goals away from home hes done his bit and silly defending from his teammates has cost us a win.

Win as a team, lose as a team, draw as a team ?

20 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

:petesake: ffs

You are obsessed with me arent you sweetheart. 

You didn’t see his post where he said he wasn’t bring sarcastic just after mine then?

Let’s have an agreement, you ignore my posts and I’ll continue to ignore you. 

6 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

To be fair, while not exactly mainstream I think the lad's alright.

Not for me......I enjoy the atmosphere created by our away fans and can even put up with that b*stard drum when I'm a reasonable distance away but that idiot goes too far.....he ignores the game and goes out of his way to deliberately antagonise the opposition fans.

Personally....he's an embarrassment!!!

25 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not for me......I enjoy the atmosphere created by our away fans and can even put up with that b*stard drum when I'm a reasonable distance away but that idiot goes too far.....he ignores the game and goes out of his way to deliberately antagonise the opposition fans.

Personally....he's an embarrassment!!!

He has a job on at boundary park antagonising the opposition fans in the chaddy when hes sat with the athleticos in the RRE. 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He has a job on at boundary park antagonising the opposition fans in the chaddy when hes sat with the athleticos in the RRE. 

So that makes his antics of yesterday and other away matches where he can get close to the opposition fans ok then?

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

So that makes his antics of yesterday and other away matches where he can get close to the opposition fans ok then?

I watched him for 5 minutes give the wanker sign to the MK Dons fans after we scored the first goal yesterday.  The people he was doing it to were just normal fans trying to watch the game.  He's an embarrassment to the club considering he's appeared in the local press to highlight how big of a fan he's meant to be.

Edited by bowl