Bradford (a)

6 hours ago, robboman said:

Just looked at the tables back to the 2010 season. Reckon we’d need 60 points out of the remaining 99 available for a play off spot 

1.8ish points per match. 20 wins out of 33. 

Time to start a win countdown thread now then?! 

If Latics make the top six my bet winnings will fund my trip(s) to the playoffs with plenty to spare for pints plus new Latics kits for my boys... 

Cripes, exciting times. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Time to start a win countdown thread now then?! 

If Latics make the top six my bet winnings will fund my trip(s) to the playoffs with plenty to spare for pints plus new Latics kits for my boys... 

Cripes, exciting times. 

Its Oldham.  We should expect that one of the four wheels of our bandwagon will fall off before May.  In the hands of the board keeping them together and even building on it.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

Its Oldham.  We should expect that one of the four wheels of our bandwagon will fall off before May.  In the hands of the board keeping them together and even building on it.

I’m well aware and wary of that - because of a certain goal at Wembley all those years ago I’m cautious about getting hopes up not just with Latics but with just about everything... as the saying goes: it’s the hope that kills you. 

That taken into account, there’s plenty to be happy about even in just the last five results alone. I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts - as it’s a rare thing. 

Meanwhile Paddy Power have cut the odds on us top six from 60/1 to 35/1...

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. What are you predicting (based on the fact you don’t even go to games)?

I am not predicting anything. I am saying that a very good side will finish in top 6. If we don't finish in top 6 we are not a very good side by league one standards. We are currently 19th ....to finish top six we will probably another 61 points from our remaining 33 games. 

(just for the record by the way I have watched over 1200 Latics games and seen them play on 47 league grounds)

19 minutes ago, Magister said:

I am not predicting anything. I am saying that a very good side will finish in top 6. If we don't finish in top 6 we are not a very good side by league one standards. We are currently 19th ....to finish top six we will probably another 61 points from our remaining 33 games. 

(just for the record by the way I have watched over 1200 Latics games and seen them play on 47 league grounds)

Blue Peter badge is in the post :chubb:

I've watched them at more than 100 different grounds does that make my opinion anymore relevant? You don't even need to watch us or indeed support us to know our position is false, just take a look at the Blackburn and Bradford forums for evidence of this. 

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've watched them at more than 100 different grounds does that make my opinion anymore relevant? You don't even need to watch us or indeed support us to know our position is false, just take a look at the Blackburn and Bradford forums for evidence of this. 

Hard to understand how anyone isn't optimistic with our results and performances under Wellens

Wait a minute.... it's Oldham.... easy to understand

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Exactly...your opinion is no more relevant than anybody else's despite what Kowenicki likes to think

just for perspective Blackburn's result in the game before us was a 1-0 home defeat to the team in 21st and the game after a 1-1 home draw to bottom club.  Bradfords game before us was a 3-1 defeat to 21st in league.  

52 minutes ago, Magister said:

Apologies. Must have confused you with someone else that said they hadn’t been this season. 

54 minutes ago, Magister said:

just for perspective Blackburn's result in the game before us was a 1-0 home defeat to the team in 21st and the game after a 1-1 home draw to bottom club.  Bradfords game before us was a 3-1 defeat to 21st in league.  

So?  We're unbeaten in 5, playing some great entertaining, attacking football.  I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts, that's all that matters isn't it?  Rather than trying to caveat every goal/result/performance?

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So?  We're unbeaten in 5, playing some great entertaining, attacking football.  I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts, that's all that matters isn't it?  Rather than trying to caveat every goal/result/performance?

I think that's about where I'm at, I like a moan with the best of them but if your looking for negatives at the moment then there's not much hope for you, all aboard the Wellens Express - choo choo :scarf001:

Nearly 20000,with nearly a 1000 tics last night,good advert for league 1 football. Good game, ref losing the plot, i'm getting the bug again....

p.s macy says thanks for the midnight rendition of happy birthday on the train back

34 minutes ago, SAV said:

Nearly 20000,with nearly a 1000 tics last night,good advert for league 1 football. Good game, ref losing the plot, i'm getting the bug again....

p.s macy says thanks for the midnight rendition of happy birthday on the train back

Their manager defended the ref over the handbags and subsequent bookings.  Says the fourth official gave him wrong shirt numbers.

19 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Taking ten points from Posh, Pompey, Blackburn and Bradford is ridiculous form really isn't it, I doubt we'll have a tougher run of games than that this season. If we beat the Franchise on Saturday i think i might haemorrhage 

We're playing well and under normal circumstances, I'd fancy our chances. It's them though and we never seem to get anything there. 

9 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

This is my favourite. Some guy from Last of the Summer Wine shouting "the goalkeeper, the bloody goalkeeper. Jesus Christ!"......and Poleon doing a drum roll on his thighs:

Check out @BantamPete’s Tweet:

That's fantastic. Why didn't they tell him, "the guy in the green shirt?"

I agree that we just enjoy the play whilst we can.  Having this team together until January (longer I hope) and their current performances is a joy to behold.

Getting into the top 10 and remaining there will be a plus over the last two seasons.  If we sneak into that top 6 it'll be amazing.  Getting points on the board is a must but playing attractive football whilst doing that is a bonus.

Now we've got Wellens in charge permanently for two seasons then I'm sure he'll maintain his style of play as long as the personnel remains and remains fit.  Exciting times ahead on the field....just hope off the field in 6 weeks mirrors that and Wellens playing objective is unaffected.  

From Moisley's mouth yesterday it's definitely a takeover and one that's more or less sorted between the two parties with EFL just required to rubber stamp it.  Just hope it means cash to strengthen or very least keep this team together until May.  It'll be interesting if Brassbank have sold too.

Edited by Midsblue

Even though I only have an audio subsripton I  watched the whole off the Bradford match on ifollow.

No commentary, but could hear the crowd so it was like being at the match.

Pity it's not available until the following day rather than just after the match.