Rochdale (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I'm worryingly confident going into this...

I'm a bit nervous. Not so much about this match or Dale. Moreso about Wellens.

He had us playing amazingly well after a few tweaks and lifting the mood. But that often happens in football.

We'll know if he's the real deal or not in a few games time now he's put some proper work in with them on the training ground....

I'm desperately hoping he is and that we keep playing the same entertaining style and shoot up the table.

In fact, as I've typed this I've become supremely confident that he is.

OWTB - cathartic as fuck.... :lol:

26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm a bit nervous. Not so much about this match or Dale. Moreso about Wellens.

He had us playing amazingly well after a few tweaks and lifting the mood. But that often happens in football.

We'll know if he's the real deal or not in a few games time now he's put some proper work in with them on the training ground....

I'm desperately hoping he is and that we keep playing the same entertaining style and shoot up the table.

In fact, as I've typed this I've become supremely confident that he is.

OWTB - cathartic as fuck.... :lol:

Teams seem to have worked us out after the initial run of games, Wellens has to find a way to protect the full backs a little better whilst not negating our attacking threat.

A few tweaks should suffice, as long as the opposition are unsure of our set up and tactics we should be okay, it would be nice to turn these over tomorrow but my head says a score draw.

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Teams seem to have worked us out after the initial run of games, Wellens has to find a way to protect the full backs a little better whilst not negating our attacking threat.

A few tweaks should suffice, as long as the opposition are unsure of our set up and tactics we should be okay, it would be nice to turn these over tomorrow but my head says a score draw.

Given what we did against Bastards and Bury my money's on a late/very late winner.... :grin:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Won't do any harm to eke out a few results, give us a bit of breathing space before Byrne and Doyle depart.

We eked out a fair few results without resorting to going back to basics, why the need to change something that provided some solid results? 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We eked out a fair few results without resorting to going back to basics, why the need to change something that provided some solid results? 

4-4 2-3 2-3 ....our last 3 Saturday results ?     .....I must not understand eking out?

9 hours ago, Magister said:

4-4 2-3 2-3 ....our last 3 Saturday results ?     .....I must not understand eking out?

Are we judging Wellens on just three games now? Even so compare that to the last few previous managers snapshots of 0-0 0-1 0-1 I'd take it.

Coincidentally within your nice little snapshot of handpicked fixtures we had two wins 2-1 and 4-1 so it's certainly not as bad as the picture your trying to paint.

Wellens has been in charge for ten games now and he has 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, scoring 22 in the process.

I'd take that and I'd hate to think we will lose some entertainment value by effectively stopping the free flowing bold approach that has served us so well.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Are we judging Wellens on just three games now? Even so compare that to the last few previous managers snapshots of 0-0 0-1 0-1 I'd take it.

Coincidentally within your nice little snapshot of handpicked fixtures we had two wins 2-1 and 4-1 so it's certainly not as bad as the picture your trying to paint.

Wellens has been in charge for ten games now and he has 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, scoring 22 in the process.

I'd take that and I'd hate to think we will lose some entertainment value by effectively stopping the free flowing bold approach that has served us so well.

Exactly .....you are making my point for me.....10 games involving over 40 goals is not what I understand by eking out results

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can you not eke out a 3-2 win then?

Not in my personal opinion no.....for me eking out is making the most of scant resources....

.our number of players is hardly scant , our attacking options are hardly scant....our defensive resources more problematic but eking out scant defensive resources would involve  some strategy to get the better out of them than conceding more than 2 a game

it is only semantics but eking out results for me is more reflective of the 1-0s and the 0-0s of Feb and March this year than the roller coaster of this October and November