Rochdale (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mattyg101 said:

Placide 7 standard,  solid.  One or two wayward kicks

Dummigan 8 took his goal very well. Cock up for theirs, but forgiven due to his graft for the rest of the game

Gerrard 8 solid, didn't put a foot wrong. I think rotating him and Clarke is a good idea.

(Clarke 7 straight swap, picked up where gerrard left off)

Byran 8 did very well

Hunt 7 quiet but did nothing wrong

Byrne 6 poor by his standards today. Looked deflated after a few missed opportunities.

(Quensy 7 did well for his short spell)

Fane 8 typical fane performance. Cleared house and offloaded the ball. Lovely mazy run. I like the guy a lot. Lost it couple times

Gardner 6 like Byrne look frustrated and poor by his standards. Didnt create much, but didnt drop any bollocks

Cappucino 6/7 great ball in for our first. Ball got away from him too many times.

Doyle 9 not great today, but scored 2. Thats what doyle can bring and why i said to my mate id swap davies, not doyle for AAH. That. Finish 

Davies 7 bullied on the ball. Ref ignored the dale players constantly fouling him. Needed more strength against physical defenders.....

(.... enter AAH 8 who made an impact and could shrug off their defenders, nice flick to doyle who still had it all to do. Came close himself)

Agree with that apart from Placide should be an 8 or 9, Dummingan was about a 7, ditto Fane, nonsense about Davies being bullied and Doyle should be 11...

It's fantastic value for money at the moment isn't it? I've only managed to do three matches this season but they've all been top drawer for excitement. Thoroughly pleasing win today, a huge 3 points and another load of questions asked.

Dale clearly went on a rough-'em-up mission from the off. Right in our grills and annoyingly disruptive. Their high pressing line forced a ton of errors when we were in possession. The early goal was crucial, without it they could've taken control early. AGAIN, passing back from a stupid position cost us a goal. I know Johnny Dickfingers is a great distributor, but passing back should always be a final option.

Inspiring substitutions once again from Wellens. Made a big (and 100% bang on) call by hauling the slapped arse Byrne off, bollocking him up the stairs and it changed the match just as Rochdale were wrestling back control with the match poised. The rest was the Doyle show. Sadly for us his reputation will be spreading far and wide. Championship clubs will surely be coming a knocking in January now. But hey, let's enjoy him while we can.

Finally, it's great to get one over Keith Hill again. Prized twat that bloke.

20 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That’s the spirit after beating Rochdale 3-1. Nice one ??

Sorry if not discussing all things positive upsets you. I’m merely sharing my observations from the game.

The very good performances from Bryan, Fane, Dummigan and Doyle have already been commented on.

3 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Yeah that Luton goal will be a goal of the season candidate for sure

I still think that Doyle's was better. I noticed that just before he hit it, he still had the time to look up and see Ellis off his line. To be able to do that and then execute the full volley in the manner in which he did all in the blink of an eye was technically outstanding. 

It reminded me of the goal that Ritchie scored in the Scarborough 7-0. The difference being that iirc Ritchie let it bounce.

Bergkamp couldnt have done it better.

Absolute technical royalty.

25 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Sorry if not discussing all things positive upsets you. I’m merely sharing my observations from the game.

The very good performances from Bryan, Fane, Dummigan and Doyle have already been commented on.

Fine. You want to highlight the negatives. It’s just odd. 

5 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I still think that Doyle's was better. I noticed that just before he hit it, he still had the time to look up and see Ellis off his line. To be able to do that and then execute the full volley in the manner in which he did all in the blink of an eye was technically outstanding. 

It reminded me of the goal that Ritchie scored in the Scarborough 7-0. The difference being that iirc Ritchie let it bounce.

Bergkamp couldnt have done it better.

Absolute technical royalty.

I love the fact that after Clarke hoofs it with his left foot from the edge of his own box, the ball doesn't touch the ground until after it hits the back of the net.  Sexy route one football!

It was simply lovely to hear my five year old say 'Daddy I love coming to watch Oldham. ' on the walk home. He been going now for 2 seasons and has seen some proper durge. 

I'm actually excited for him to embark on his Latics journey with him, playing the brand of football we are. Roll on Tuesday! 

8 hours ago, ceskylatic said:

I thought Hunt was poor today. Gave the ball away several times when put under pressure and beaten to the ball too easily. 

Thought exactly the same,  he seems to be a bit of a weak link at the minute and his performances for me are regressing, could do with some pressure on him for his position maybe?

I reckon Kean Bryan has all the attributes to play as a left back and if we could bring in a quality centrehalf to play alongside Clarke/Gerrard it may well be an option for Wellens.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought exactly the same,  he seems to be a bit of a weak link at the minute and his performances for me are regressing, could do with some pressure on him for his position maybe?

I reckon Kean Bryan has all the attributes to play as a left back and if we could bring in a quality centrehalf to play alongside Clarke/Gerrard it may well be an option for Wellens.

You want to move our best centre half to left back, just because Hunt has been a bit quiet?

Echo what others say on here about Rochdale. Can't hate them because there's nothing to hate. They're a neutral club not looking for rivalries; a non-league club playing in the league.

It's a convenient away trip but you can't muster a rivalry when the support is so disproportionate and they rock up with a thousand fans. Not our fault...

Doyle is the best striker I've seen in 20 years of watching Latics. Maybe not the greatest compliment all things considered, but the man is different gravy. That second goal of his was something else, the fact he's had time to spot their keeper off his line, and then actually executed it the way he did. Wow. If we keep him in January we're going places 

39 minutes ago, dec666 said:

You want to move our best centre half to left back, just because Hunt has been a bit quiet?

We had this discussion after the Carlisle game that Bryan is not a centre back-well after yesterday there can be no argument, literally head and shoulders above any other defender on the pitch. He is quick, reads the game really well and always tries to PLAY the ball out of defence. For me MOM yesterday.

It is strange this rivalry with Rochdale their just isnt enough edge to these games with them. Even with the Calvin Andrews thing and the aggressive game of tig that some ours and some of theres were having last season it still lacked some real spice you feel. There support is and forever will be shit too even compared to ours last season it was their final away game of the season they were in with a chance of the play offs and were nowhere near selling out.

I enjoyed yesterday because if the win the performance and Ive also had sone alone time watching Doyles goal but I dont feel delighted that weve stuck one over our rivals when I should be.

Edited by GlossopLatic