The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get all this Edmundson talk I do. I like him myself, a lot. But I’m sure he’s gonna go back to Fylde on loan isn’t he ? Unless RW is like your traditional OWTB poster and is gonna judge off the 1 game ? If he wouldn’t have had a good game plenty would be saying send him he’s not good enough etc. It seems the move there has done him good and sending him back I reck will be best for his development. It could be a great example of using the loan system well for us. Then he could be our main man next season in a team not struggling , with any luck 

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I get all this Edmundson talk I do. I like him myself, a lot. But I’m sure he’s gonna go back to Fylde on loan isn’t he ? Unless RW is like your traditional OWTB poster and is gonna judge off the 1 game ? If he wouldn’t have had a good game plenty would be saying send him he’s not good enough etc. It seems the move there has done him good and sending him back I reck will be best for his development. It could be a great example of using the loan system well for us. Then he could be our main man next season in a team not struggling , with any luck 

He's had way more than one game for the first team to be judged on.

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I could see Edmundson going back to Flyde before Hunt got injured but unless we get another left back on loan I can’t see him going there because we would have no defensive cover. Brian Wilson is back up for injured players. We have nobody now to cover the other defensive positions.

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I could see Edmundson going back to Flyde before Hunt got injured but unless we get another left back on loan I can’t see him going there because we would have no defensive cover. Brian Wilson is back up for injured players. We have nobody now to cover the other defensive positions.

I think they were already aware of Hunt's injury when they agreed to loan Edmundson back to Fylde and only called it off when they didn't manage to get Bryan back in, in time for Saturday. I reckon we could see another defender brought in, possibly on loan

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah I know that but what I’m saying is RW was obviously happy for him to go, I don’t think that will have changed after this 1 match. Now that Bryan is seemingly signed. 

He may of seen something in Edmundson he liked on Saturday and could give him an opportunity, I know its only 90 minutes but you never know. 

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He may of seen something in Edmundson he liked on Saturday and could give him an opportunity, I know its only 90 minutes but you never know. 

I just think with the progress he’s made from playing every week competitively, it would be more beneficial to send him back for the rest of the season. To then come back and be a first teamer here. If as expected Bryan is to return I don’t see him getting the same amount of game time here. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I just think with the progress he’s made from playing every week competitively, it would be more beneficial to send him back for the rest of the season. To then come back and be a first teamer here. If as expected Bryan is to return I don’t see him getting the same amount of game time here. 

Who plays if we get an injury there?

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure.

As my man H. Bosch says though, some people do seem averse to the idea of having a squad.

It's good to have a squad but if you don't have a reserve team for the squad members to consistently play football it can have a detrimental effect.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

It's good to have a squad but if you don't have a reserve team for the squad members to consistently play football it can have a detrimental effect.

Standard isn't great in National League by all accounts, I'd like to see him stay with us.

With all these midfielders it might be that we end up playing with 3 at the back.